Ohio State new Basketball Uniforms

dmhtfld

What is going on in that midsection?

Also: nice shorts. Do they come in your size?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What is going on in that midsection?

Also: nice shorts. Do they come in your size?

Those are the Nike Hyper Elite uniforms. I don't remember the reason, but the shorts are supposed to be baggy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the stripes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I dont know if they are a one time thing or if they are full time but Ohio State wore new uniforms yesterday agains Penn State.

11-01-15-MB-0519.jpg

Seriously looks like a ladies skirt and with black socks.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I like the jerseys but the shorts look "over designed".

-Dan

That's a good way to put it. I liked the old shorts because the stripe on the gray shorts matched the football helmet stripe, but I hated the jerseys. They were so plain. I like these jerseys better, but now the shorts are a miss for me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like the jerseys but the shorts look "over designed".

-Dan

That's a good way to put it. I liked the old shorts because the stripe on the gray shorts matched the football helmet stripe, but I hated the jerseys. They were so plain. I like these jerseys better, but now the shorts are a miss for me.

If they got rid of the horizontal stripes in front and back it would look a million times better.

I dont know if they are a one time thing or if they are full time but Ohio State wore new uniforms yesterday agains Penn State.

11-01-15-MB-0519.jpg

I think the shorts with Nike's new uniform design are actually less baggy than the System of Dress uniforms because the whole point of the new uniforms is less weight. All other teams with the new uniforms had shorts that were a lot less baggy. I'm guessing a special request was made for baggier shorts.

11-01-15-MB-0519.jpg

I think the shorts with Nike's new uniform design are actually less baggy than the System of Dress uniforms because the whole point of the new uniforms is less weight. All other teams with the new uniforms had shorts that were a lot less baggy. I'm guessing a special request was made for baggier shorts.

Agreed. The Texas Hyper Elites fit alot better than the old S.O.D.s

The shorts also have the Buckeye logo on the front of them. If you look at Penn State's unis, the shorts are just as long too. So it's not anything special that the Buckeyes are baggier. Personally I prefere less baggy shorts so I usually order one size smaller when I buy basketball shorts. And the "holes" in the sides of the shorts are the same as seen on the Nike uniforms in the FIBA Championships last summer

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The shorts also have the Buckeye logo on the front of them. If you look at Penn State's unis, the shorts are just as long too. So it's not anything special that the Buckeyes are baggier. Personally I prefere less baggy shorts so I usually order one size smaller when I buy basketball shorts. And the "holes" in the sides of the shorts are the same as seen on the Nike uniforms in the FIBA Championships last summer

Penn St. and Ohio St. have different types of uniforms. Penn St. had System of Dress (baggy shorts) and Ohio St. has Hyper Elite. Hyper Elite uniforms for every other team other than Ohio St. has had shorts that were less baggy. So I'm assuming the Ohio St. Players requested shorts similar in fit to the System of Dress shorts.

It looks like they tried to put old school V-notch taping on those newfangled s(ki/ho)rts, but they left the fabric inside the V where it should be cut out. just the stripe down the side of the shorts would have been fine. No V and not taping along the hem. The other thing is, these would look a ton better if the stripe matched the stripe on their white football jerseys, but the scarlet and gray are reversed on these.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Buckeyes rolling out a gray third jersey tonight at home vs. Iowa.

A gray alternate for home games is nothing new for OSU - they've had one for most of the past 20 years I've been watching the team. What IS different, though, is that for the first time I can remember, they have white numbers/letters with scarlet trim instead of the other way around.

Archived