Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's something interesting that I found:

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

I don't know where this picture is from, but I'm assuming it's from some sort of unveiling ceremony. Look at the torso stripes. They're less waves and more of a descending swoosh like how Anaheim's current jerseys are.

islesfish9597kaspy.jpg

Does anyone know what that's all about?

Were the wave-like hem stripes really that inconsistent on the Fisherman jerseys? The shoulder and sleeve stripes look cleaner compared to them.

The hem stripes were changed at the last minute so they would resemble waves instead of the Mighty Ducks jerseys. I own both the home and away authentic versions and they have the wavy hems stripes.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I won it!

$(KGrHqR,!lYE2EJY,Y-bBNkQ2PenQg~~0_12.JPG

Only other Oregon jersey made with the number 9 (my favorite number) Plus it's retro and should go nice with my Oregon collection.

Kudos - I think that's the best jersey Oregon has had since 1998 (seriously). Love the two shades of green and the "racing" stripes down the side, along with a great number font. I'd buy one if I could.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I won it!

$(KGrHqR,!lYE2EJY,Y-bBNkQ2PenQg~~0_12.JPG

Only other Oregon jersey made with the number 9 (my favorite number) Plus it's retro and should go nice with my Oregon collection.

Kudos - I think that's the best jersey Oregon has had since 1998 (seriously). Love the two shades of green and the "racing" stripes down the side, along with a great number font. I'd buy one if I could.

Can't beat the classic block UO uniforms in '98, but I agree, these are some of our better looking uni's in recent times. I miss the 2 tone greens, I feel like as time progressed it could've lead to many more good looking possibilities. Instead we dumped the lighter green and added black

I'd like to find a clearer/larger/vectorized button of the Billings Bighorns logo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Billings_Bighorns.png

I grew up in Billings, and the Bighorns were as big-time as we got for hockey. Our Squirt travel team was even called the Little Horns. Though I didn't play goalie, I was a big fan of Andy Moog, who later did pretty well for himself as a member of the Oilers, Bruins, Habs & Stars, winning the Cup three times.

Here are my whales:

Hat: Albany Polecats fitted game hat

Jersey: 1994 Patriots jersey, Apex One (there seem to be a lot of Wilson and Russell Athletic models on eBay, but very, very few Apex Ones)

I lost an Ebay auction last night for a blue Islanders fisherman. I was leading the auction for a day and a half and then it got swiped from me in the last five seconds. I nearly broke the coffee table. There's some white jerseys available, but the blue one is the crazier, whackier of the two. That's my whale.

Here's something interesting that I found:

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

I don't know where this picture is from, but I'm assuming it's from some sort of unveiling ceremony. Look at the torso stripes. They're less waves and more of a descending swoosh like how Anaheim's current jerseys are.

islesfish9597kaspy.jpg

Does anyone know what that's all about?

They have a balm that can clear up that Kasparitis pretty quickly.

ClevelandBarons1976t.JPG

Either home or away, it matters not, but would love the '76 version with the Ohio number patches on the sleeves (they dropped them for their second and final season in the NHL).

usa-94-away.jpg

This one needs no introduction.

image_3468.jpg

Canada's home jersey in the late 90s, I believe during their disastrous attempt to qualify for France '98. Damn near impossible to find from what I've seen.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Since I finally found one, here it is!

0403111713.jpg

I've got individual pics of all my Florida hockey jerseys, still searching for the best way to display them all in one picture.

And this next one is also a set I'm proud of, the original batch of NHL third jerseys!

0403111735.jpg

And this next one is also a set I'm proud of, the original batch of NHL third jerseys!

0403111735.jpg

Most, I think, would have mixed feelings about that.... :grin:

I only have one feeling about that--extreme jealousy.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived