2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I wasn't that upset to see them lose to Baltimore last year. The 49ers were the NFL's dreamkillers for a decade and a half and it was mostly against team with no winning pedigree (Cincinnati 2X, Denver (in their super bowl blowout days), and San Diego in their only appearance in the show). It was their turn to feel the Super Bowl sting.

Its a shame we never got to see a Bills - 49ers Super Bowl in the early 90's. And that is coming from a Giants fan who saw their team beat both of them.

Am I the only one that thinks Seattle will probably go monochrome Wolf Gray in the Super Bowl?

No alternates allowed in playoffs (unless they get some special exemption, which I don't see will happen.)

The Chargers wore powder blues a few years ago.

The Panthers went monochrome black last week.

The 49ers wore fauxbacks in Super Bowl XXIX.

Although I think alternates are discouraged.

iq5b7nF.png

This is why I wasn't that upset to see them lose to Baltimore last year. The 49ers were the NFL's dreamkillers for a decade and a half and it was mostly against team with no winning pedigree (Cincinnati 2X, Denver (in their super bowl blowout days), and San Diego in their only appearance in the show). It was their turn to feel the Super Bowl sting.

Its a shame we never got to see a Bills - 49ers Super Bowl in the early 90's. And that is coming from a Giants fan who saw their team beat both of them.

Am I the only one that thinks Seattle will probably go monochrome Wolf Gray in the Super Bowl?

No alternates allowed in playoffs (unless they get some special exemption, which I don't see will happen.)

The Chargers wore powder blues a few years ago.

The Panthers went monochrome black last week.

The 49ers wore fauxbacks in Super Bowl XXIX.

Although I think alternates are discouraged.

• correct
  • pants don't count
  • this was the 1st league sponsored throwback season (75th) and around the midpoint of the season they petioned the league to wear their throwback as their primarty for the rest of season. this was unprecedented.

back to the original statement why on earth would seattle wear that drab gray uniform that can barely be distinguished from their white set?

Special exemption for that 94 49ers team after they petitioned for it.

Chargers had to mad scramble to get their jerseys back from an auction for that postseason. May be the point where NFL discouraged teams from using alts during playoffs.

And why would the Seahawks wear a jersey they've only worn three times in two years? I doubt (even if they could) go with an alternate look for potentially their greatest moment in team history.

Go A's!

Special exemption for that 94 49ers team after they petitioned for it.

Chargers had to mad scramble to get their jerseys back from an auction for that postseason. May be the point where NFL discouraged teams from using alts during playoffs.

What do you mean by this? Were the Chargers planning on wearing the throwbacks in the playoffs?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Because it's unique. Gray is also a huge part of their brand.

It's so unique that the pats had a silver/gray alt what 10 years ago? I would also argue that gray is the least important part of their visual identity now as it's only really visible as one stripe on the helmet logo and the numbers. In addtion to mention that it's such a light shade you can barely distinguish it from their white. Seattle is clearly a navy team with lime green accents with gray as a distant third.

It's unique in that no team has gone monochrome gray before. It's also unique because it would be the first time in SB history that one team wasn't wearing a white jersey

And it's probably the reason why they won't do it --- or the NFL won't allow them to not wear white.

They will probably get special monochrome volt unis for the SB if they win on Sunday because nike owns the nfl now.

It's unique in that no team has gone monochrome gray before. It's also unique because it would be the first time in SB history that one team wasn't wearing a white jersey

And it's probably the reason why they won't do it --- or the NFL won't allow them to not wear white.

They will probably get special monochrome volt unis for the SB if they win on Sunday because nike owns the nfl now.

That doesn't make sense.

Go A's!

If it's a HUGE part of their brand, why don't they incorporate it more ? Like wear gray pants with blue jerseys at home .........And if the lime green is an accent color, why isn't it present on their white and gray pants ? It's certainly on their blue ones................................

If it's a HUGE part of their brand, why don't they incorporate it more ? Like wear gray pants with blue jerseys at home .........And if the lime green is an accent color, why isn't it present on their white and gray pants ? It's certainly on their blue ones................................

Yep. This look would at least get them out of the bottom 5...

blue-grey-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Yep. This look would at least get them out of the bottom 5...

blue-grey-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Sorry, I can't agree. The all navy is Seahawks all the way. I didn't like at first but now after a decade or so, it's a nice tradition for the Hawks.

Archived