2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, those were all huge improvements.

You might be right - I can't think of another example where the addition of black was such an upgrade.

STEVE+YOUNG.jpg

HUGE mistake to go back to the 80s.

You might be right - I can't think of another example where the addition of black was such an upgrade.

STEVE+YOUNG.jpg

The more I think about the 49ers 1990s-2000s set with black trim, the more they look good to me. It fit the black trim on the oval logo and was consistent through-and-through. One thing, however, that I did not like was that the shade of red appeared (actually was?) to be a more cardinal red than the 49ers' traditional scarlet. The fact that the 49ers were more often bad than good when wearing their 1990s-2000s set didn't help, either.

As for the rumored 4 teams to be getting changes, I only see the Panthers as one so long as tweaking their logo doesn't count as a change that they can only do once every 5 years. I'd love to see them make changes to their uniforms that matches the changes with their logo. I'd also love to see the Browns go back to a modernized 1980s/early 1990s look; it was also the last time the team was relevant.

My preliminary guess to the 4 teams changing:

1. Jaguars
  2. Dolphins
  3. Browns*
  4. Panthers

The Bengals and Vikings do have an outside shot at being among the teams getting a change.

*Albeit subtle

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I would be in favor of the 49ers black trim look if it was not for the outline on the numbers. If the outline matched the pants it would look great. It would make a very balanced look.

Death to all shadow numbers or whatever they are called.

Also keeping the gold pants are a must the all white look or red over white looked terrible in IMO with the gold helmet.

New Browns CEO Joe Banner has made it pretty clear the Browns aren't changing next year.

I'd say the Jags and Dolphins are almost locks to change, based on all the rumors we've heard.

As for the other two teams, I would guess the Titans (current set is stale and the team doesn't have any important history to preserve--a radical Nike design like the Seahawks got seems very possible) and maybe a surprise team like the Jets or Steelers (probably just minor tweaks--like maybe just a new number font).

STEVE+YOUNG.jpg

The more I think about the 49ers 1990s-2000s set with black trim, the more they look good to me. It fit the black trim on the oval logo and was consistent through-and-through. One thing, however, that I did not like was that the shade of red appeared (actually was?) to be a more cardinal red than the 49ers' traditional scarlet. The fact that the 49ers were more often bad than good when wearing their 1990s-2000s set didn't help, either.

I prefer the sans-black 49ers unis, I find they're much cleaner. My only gripe with their current look is the grey facemask and the :censored:ed up sleeve stripes. However, I would be in favor of them having that above uniform as an alternate.

STEVE+YOUNG.jpg

I prefer the sans-black 49ers unis, I find they're much cleaner. My only gripe with their current look is the grey facemask and the :censored:ed up sleeve stripes. However, I would be in favor of them having that above uniform as an alternate.

I disliked the Montana era uniforms, then these came around and I liked them at first. I quickly grew tired of them and am fully and completely on board with what they have now. Except fix the sleeve stripes.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Jaguars

Dolphins

Panthers

are all VERY likely due to ACTUAL information not just speculation.

The fourth team... I have a hunch we're looking at maybe the Browns because of the owners words. I also think the Redskins may as well.

I think it's much more likely that the 4 already had changes planned before this week, so that precludes Cleveland. Plus the owner said it's something they are looking into, not doing for sure.

Those 3 look like pretty safe bets, especially considering the Jags were confirmed, the Dolphins rumor got leaked by a reliable source over the summer, and the Panthers tweaked the logo without doing anything to the uniforms just yet.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

My guess the four teams to change/update;

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

2-4 have relatively new uniforms so they don't need to change.

2-4 need new uniforms precisely because they have relatively new uniforms... relatively new uniforms that suck.

Just my opinion, of course.

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

2-4 need new uniforms precisely because they have relatively new uniforms... relatively new uniforms that suck.

2-4 have had recent changes?

Bengals 2004

Falcons 2003

Vikings 2006

I wouldn't nessesarily call those recent.

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

Bengals 2004

Falcons 2003

Vikings 2006

The first decade of the 2000's was a horrible time for football uniform design, huh?

Of course, the second decade is looking pretty bad, so far, too.

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

Bengals 2004 - Remove the white side panels

Falcons 2003 - Bring back the black pants and leave everything else the same.

Vikings 2006 - Perfect as is.

Still not as long as the ones I mentioned:

Dolphins - logo change in 1997

Broncos - 1997

Panthers - 1995

spacer.png

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

Bengals 2004 - Remove the white side panels Total overhaul

Falcons 2003 - Bring back the black pants and leave everything else the same. simplify- I like the updated logo however

Vikings 2006 - Perfect as is. uh, no.

Still not as long as the ones I mentioned:

Dolphins - logo change in 1997

Broncos - 1997

Panthers - 1995

Agreed on the three you mention. Broncos need a clean look, dolphins and Panthers are mere tweaks away from perfection.

The length of time since the last change has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a change is needed. In fact, these days, it seems like the more recent the change the more likely it is to need to be dumped. Look at something like the new Seahawks outfit. It's obvious that there was no thought given to making a look with staying power. That uniform is designed to make a splash now (which, admittedly, it has, no doubt). But the more "cutting edge" something is, the more likely it is to get dated in a hurry.

I don't know any Viking fans who are happy with what the team is wearing. Seriously, none. I'm not saying they aren't out there... who knows, maybe one or two will respond here. I'm just saying, I've honestly never met one.

I think there are a quite a few teams that could use an update (or complete do-over), but the only confirmation we've had do far are the Dolphins and Jags. I've heard speculation about the Panthers (due to a new logo with no new uniform), but the fourth one is anybody's guess.

Sigs are for sissies.

The length of time since the last change has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a change is needed. In fact, these days, it seems like the more recent the change the more likely it is to need to be dumped. Look at something like the new Seahawks outfit. It's obvious that there was no thought given to making a look with staying power. That uniform is designed to make a splash now (which, admittedly, it has, no doubt). But the more "cutting edge" something is, the more likely it is to get dated in a hurry.

I don't know any Viking fans who are happy with what the team is wearing. Seriously, none. I'm not saying they aren't out there... who knows, maybe one or two will respond here. I'm just saying, I've honestly never met one.

Huge Vikes fan here. I don't hate our current unis like most, but i do want a change. These unis aren't really meant for a long term, kind of a change of pace. I'm open to something more traditional. I doubt there'll be a change until the new stadium is open.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived