2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they had a wraparound helmet, I would totally love that. Although, everyone would start comparing them to the Seahawks and it would get annoying quick.

But why would two dolphins be conjoined at the caudal fin?

I'll play devil's advocate here: that logo sucks. I get so tired of this "OLDER IS BETTER AND NEW THINGS SUCKS LULZ" thing that has infected and plagued sports design. It's become trendy and subsequently contemporary to retread logos that had a proper place in the past but are irrationally put on a pedestal because "They wore something like this when they were winning. Also sleeves."

The "helmet-wearing" dolphin has, to me, always been moronic and takes an opportunity away from a unique team name to do something neat with their helmet. While I grant you that the seemingly-new logo isn't a home run by any means, it's an improvement over a dumbass helmet-wearing sea creature leaping dopily past a cartoonish sun.

The navy isn't that bad of accent color, either. Stop living in the damn 70's.

You have to remember, though, that the Dolphins were the only pro team Miami had for twenty years, and in a city/region that tears itself down and builds itself back up on quite a regular basis, there's a poignancy that comes with anything that's not The Now. In a vacuum, a leaping dolphin in a football helmet may be kind of kitschy and stupid, but you have to appreciate it as a vestige of a Miami that was once kind of kitschy and stupid. And as tiresome as you may find "they have to wear what they wore when they won" to be, certainly you must admit that if anyone gets to play that card, it's the team that had a freaking undefeated championship season.

I hope the corporate Aquafresh smudge finds the fate of the Buffaslug, or even better, that 49ers helmet everyone hated.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, um...I ain't feeling that right there. I don't mind the style of the illustration (especially considering I came up with something like that four or five years ago), but what is that thing doing? Flying? The only places I've ever seen dolphins fly is in Super Mario World.

The funny thing is...I think that other leaked logo a few pages back probably has more potential to be the real thing—it just seems more in line of what an NFL team would do these days as far as updating a logo is concerned. (But then the Panthers didn't really set all that great a precedent, either.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I noticed the Dolphins CEO still hasn't addressed this since his tweet. This has to be it.

I still say there is an eye on it.

Or, you know, it's Christmas. Not to mention the season's not over and confirming/not confirming a tweet is the least of his concern right now.

Wait a minute....he had time to acknowledge the logo and tease of details, but he didn't have time to say it was a fake....because it is Christmas. Is that the gist of it?

I noticed the Dolphins CEO still hasn't addressed this since his tweet. This has to be it.

Or, you know, it's Christmas. Not to mention the season's not over and confirming/not confirming a tweet is the least of his concern right now.

See thats the thing, yeah its christmas but he did tweet

I hear all the logo buzz out there...I'll provide an update soon! Happy holidays to all. Be safe!

after the logo was leaked... He could have easily said, the leaked Logo is not the logo and it will be unveiled soon!

Him not saying that the leaked logo is false makes believe the leaked logo is, or is very close to the new logo

I hear all the logo buzz out there...I'll provide an update soon! Happy holidays to all. Be safe!

after the logo was leaked... He could have easily said, the leaked Logo is not the logo and it will be unveiled soon!

Him not saying that the leaked logo is false makes believe the leaked logo is, or is very close to the new logo

And he posted it on Xmas eve. A debunk would have been so easy.

And he posted it on Xmas eve. A debunk would have been so easy.

It may be, it may not. It may be close to the final product. Basically his tweet was saying "I'll discuss it later. Leave me alone right now."

And that is why I think it is. If the logo was no where close to that he would say, "I see the logo but that isn't it. I will discuss the real logo later but leave me alone right now." Nope, he just said, "We will talk about it later" On Xmas eve no less.

Archived