Best Color Scheme in Sports

JCRGraphix

raffitorresvancouvercan.jpg

IMO, another very under-used color combo that looks great.

I think the Whalers did it better, but still a classy combo.

Giguere-325-1.jpggiguere.jpgWhalers11.png

It's a two-fer, Showing the uniform I was talking about and a goalie in the wrong gear.

The Dallas Mavericks need to go back to this color scheme ASAP. I almost forgot, Florida Gulf Coast also made it look good last March.

Florida-Gulf-Coast-Highlights-FGCU-Sherwood-Brown-Dunks-Highlights-Scores.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always loved the blue and green especially when I see pictures of the Atlanta Hawks in it.

pistol_240_hawks.jpg

And I'll second that Oregon yellow/grey combo. I've always thought that was sharp too, in every iteration of it.

My out-there pick is the original D-Backs look. Of all the 90's teams to use teal I thought they looked the best with the inclusion of black and copper along with the complementary purple.

Arizona-Diamondbacks-1998-Inaugural-Season-Patch-Custom-New-Era-Hats-Grey-underbrim-500x379.jpg

But for my money the best of all time is this beauty:

Powder+Blue+Mike+Schmidt.jpg

That probably belongs in the unpopular opinion thread though.

Seattle-Mariners-Teal-Alternate-Uniform-2012.jpg

seadevils_zps97db8d08.png

Teal = my favorite color. I love it.

navy blue = the best color to pair with teal.

I love this color combination. I just love the way they look together. Silver/gray can come along for the ride if it wants to.

PvO6ZWJ.png

always liked black, orange, and white. Oregon State, Oklahoma State, Orioles, its all good

az1-w-1920.jpg

i love Oregon football's palette of colors too. they all work together very well but i especially like yellow and grey

spbarner01cp0909-586x0.jpg

Exactly what I'd say. The Yellow/Green/Yellow they wore last year was amazing, too.

Only one I'd add, and not just out of fan favoritism:

calvin-johnson-megatron-madden-cover-13.jpg

Purple and orange is underused. It looks gorgeous in bright sunlight.

Rhys+Duch+Ohio+Machine+v+Hamilton+Nationals+IaJXzrDpSIBx.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

GOdGR92.jpg

Best color scheme in sports (it's so clean)and best uniform in football at any level. It saddens me that there is not a red and white only team in the NFL.

There isn't?

Anquan-Boldin-Arizona-Cardinals_1198712.jpg

You could probably also argue that the Chiefs are basically red and white, with very minimal yellow accents.

But for my money the best of all time is this beauty:

Powder+Blue+Mike+Schmidt.jpg

That probably belongs in the unpopular opinion thread though.

Not necessarily. This reminds a lot of the claret and blue colour schemes used by a few different English soccer clubs, which I think is a really nice look (though usually the blue is an accent).

California_Golden_Seals.jpeg

I find that teams that use blue and green often rely heavily on blue and use green as an accent. So jerseys like this always appeal to me as being a bit different.

GOdGR92.jpg

Best color scheme in sports (it's so clean)and best uniform in football at any level. It saddens me that there is not a red and white only team in the NFL.

There isn't?

Anquan-Boldin-Arizona-Cardinals_1198712.jpg

You could probably also argue that the Chiefs are basically red and white, with very minimal yellow accents.

I completely forgot about Arizona. But they :censored:t it up with that god awful piping. The Chiefs I just don't like the striping on their uniforms. Throws the whole thing off. Oklahoma wears it best, IMO.

If I want to go super duper homer mode, automatically blue and orange considering two of my favorite pro teams use it and my alma mater uses it in the reversed fashion.

Come to think about it, though, orange works with quite a few other looks. Obviously black, but also green and purple

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived