Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas made Kansas' football number font thinner when they switched to TechFits and it looks really weak and cheap.

Old:

ks-10-bluewhite-jeffmoffett-620x442.jpg

New:ks-12-bluewhite-johnrieger-vert-620x889.

Most of my fellow Jayhawks dislike the thinner numbers, and many the Trajan font all together. My big beef with KU's football uniform is when they ditched the red stripe on the helmet.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Kansas' old numbers were fake-bolded. The correct version of the font on the newer jerseys.

That aside, it's not a good font for uniforms. Even the spacing between the K and A in Kansas is awkward because of the long lower stroke. It reads like "K A NSAS".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This detail may be too big a detail to appear in this thread, but watching it last night reminded me how much it bothers me.

The Bears pants stripe on the blue pants matches nothing in the rest of their uniform set.

jay-cutler-on-bench-bears.jpgMatt+Forte+Zack+Follett+Detroit+Lions+v+

I think their current road uniforms are a really good look, but for the sake of consistency I would love it if the pants stripe went white-orange-white. It would also be a direct reverse of their white pants.

Here's a visual aid

bearsstripe_zpscb51c133.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

This detail may be too big a detail to appear in this thread, but watching it last night reminded me how much it bothers me.

The Bears pants stripe on the blue pants matches nothing in the rest of their uniform set.

I think their current road uniforms are a really good look, but for the sake of consistency I would love it if the pants stripe went white-orange-white. It would also be a direct reverse of their white pants.

Here's a visual aid

But, hat would only give the bears two stripes on their blue pants and there would still be an inconsistency.

Speaking of Wisconsin, their inability to get correctly colored helmet decals the last decade or so drives me crazy every time I watch one of their games.

img8.png

Those are damn near maroon.

Which is actually their historical color. This candy-apple red is far too bright.

From what I can tell, this may have been fixed for this season. From the games I've seen, the helmet decals look much lighter now and are closer to the jersey red.

Here's a visual aid

But, hat would only give the bears two stripes on their blue pants and there would still be an inconsistency.

Huh? It would be the same blue-white-orange-white-blue stripe from the socks and sleeves, but laid on a blue background. Did you not see my visual aid? It's exactly the same treatment their helmet logo gets:

Bears-logo.gifChicago_Bears_Helmet.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's a visual aid

Huh? It would be the same blue-white-orange-white-blue stripe from the socks and sleeves, but laid on a blue background. Did you not see my visual aid? It's exactly the same treatment their helmet logo gets:

Right, it would be the same blue/white/orange/white/blue treatment, but there are only three stripes. The color layout is the same, but because the pants are blue, there are no blue stripes.

Edit: For whatever reason, in the other post you quoted from me, I said two, when I meant three stripes. I'm in phone.

Here's a visual aid

Right, it would be the same blue/white/orange/white/blue treatment, but there are only three stripes. The color layout is the same, but because the pants are blue, there are no blue stripes.

Edit: For whatever reason, in the other post you quoted from me, I said two, when I meant three stripes. I'm in phone.

That's one way to look at it, but I like to look at that set of stripes as a white-orange-white stripe encased in blue. It's how all the stripes match on the Blackhawks white uniforms, including the pants.

Whether they make the stripes on the blue pants blue/white/orange/white/blue or white/blue/orange/blue/white both are preferable to what they actually use in orange-white-orange.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Stupidly small NOBs. Really...why bother?

2410203jquxxrrj.jpg

This is from the NBA 2K series. Video games have always had issues with displaying names in the back of jerseys.

Speaking of wish, the Madden NFL series did the most piss-poor job at fonting the names. This was especially for the Madden games in the mid-2000s.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbKWAL9l7Wq6T4dGW0V-fgnpugrVTzosFMNnXFiH5cXBkQpHaw0OjfqHKU

This photo reminds me of one thing I don't like; when the bottom stripe on the Bears jersey is pushed onto the elastic (like on the Cutler photo). It messes with the spacing and just makes the bottom stripe look a bit different from the top one.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here's a visual aid

They also have a similar matching issue with the stripe on the pants of their home uniform:

devin-hester1.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

This photo reminds me of one thing I don't like; when the bottom stripe on the Bears jersey is pushed onto the elastic (like on the Cutler photo). It messes with the spacing and just makes the bottom stripe look a bit different from the top one.

That's not a problem since Nike took over, who moved their TV numbers from the sleeves to the shoulders.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Something that's been that way forever and always bugged me is the extra stripe in the LSU pants. They should be purple-white-purple and not purple-gold-white-gold-purple like this:

http://www.lsusports.net/pics33/800/FU/FUIJIYUBLUXCPHT.20130929041223.jpg

Yes they ALMOST match up OK when they wear the purple jersey but how often does that happen now? Once or twice a year at most. Of course I never likes the extra striping at the base of the arms along with the shoulder striping either but that's a rant for another time. I'm just happy they now have mostly proper shoulder striping at all again unlike UCLA or Indianapolis.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!!!

Archived