Small details that bother you

Since they released the new logo, it's always bothered me how the "Toronto" script doesn't have the white lines in the middle of each letter. Just a small thing, but it really bothers me.

2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.png

Are there any other small details in logos that really bother you?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints' goofy helmet bumper. As far as I know it's the only one in the league to not feature the team's wordmark.

Saints_huddle_071408_top.jpg

The Chiefs don't have their name on the nose bumper.

I believe the cowboys have solid white bumpers on non-riddell helmets.

Since they released the new logo, it's always bothered me how the "Toronto" script doesn't have the white lines in the middle of each letter. Just a small thing, but it really bothers me.

That annoys the hell out of me!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Saints' goofy helmet bumper. As far as I know it's the only one in the league to not feature the team's wordmark.

Saints_huddle_071408_top.jpg

There are a few teams that have bumper decals that aren't the official wordmarks. Patriots have had non-wordmark bumper decals for years. I think the only time they did wear bumper decals featuring the official cursive wordmark (since the rebranding in '93) was Super Bowl 36.

patriots_newtown.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The fact that the ball and the leaf are no longer connected at the stem... Why dont they meet up, they're both right there... and the split letter as mentioned

canada.png

The white piping on yellow doesn't bother me, but the part that crosses the hemstripe and sticks out on the navy waist bothers the hell outta me.

It should end when it meets the horizontal white line.

Roman+Josi+St+Louis+Blues+v+Nashville+Pr

The way the P slightly overlaps the H in the Phillies jersey wordmark.

Howard%20road%20jersey.jpgpMLB2-5669812dt.jpg

Pretty sure everywhere else it's used, it doesn't have the overlap.

phillies-logo.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Similar to that Toronto problem. It really bothers me that the Brewers put a second, navy, drop-shadow on their jerseys.

pMLB2-5669706dt.jpg

But only on the front wordmark. The rest is fine with just a white outline and gold drop-shadow:

pMLB2-9567356dt.jpg

They do this on the road grays as well, and it's infuriating.

pMLB2-5669713dt.jpg

It's overly fussy on its own (who needs two drop-shadows?) but the inconsistency makes it worse.

I'm also bothered by the fact that they have to rotate the script to make it fit on the primary logo:

ttfelv66500qiz4fenp9hphn5.gif

ophgazfdzfdkeugut9bdw3iyz.gif

That's just bad design.

Archived