Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my 1st-round pics, in bold:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

---Atlantic

In 7...#1. Boston vs. #4. Detroit

In 7...#2. Tampa Bay vs. #3. Montreal

---Metropolitan

In 7...#1. Pittsburgh vs. #4 Columbus

In 6...#2. NY Rangers vs. #3. Philadelphia

---------------------------------------------------------------

WESTERN CONFERENCE

---Central

In 5...#1. Colorado vs. #4 Minnesota

In 6...#2. St. Louis vs. #3. Chicago

---Pacific

In 6...#1. Anaheim vs. #4. Dallas

In 6...#2. San Jose vs. #3. Los Angeles

Here are my semifinal pics, in bold:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

---Atlantic

In 7...#1. Boston vs. #3. Montreal

---Metropolitan

In 6...#1. Pittsburgh vs. #2. NY Rangers

----------------------------------------------------------------

WESTERN CONFERENCE

---Central

In 6...#1. Chicago vs. #4. Minnesota

---Pacific

In 7...#1. Anaheim vs. #3. Los Angeles

Aesthetically, this may be the best-looking series of the entire 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

482387027_slide.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

In a perfect world, the Minnesota hockey team would just wear forest green and cream, but I guess I can stomach the red numbers. It's #2 behind Bruins-Habs in aesthetics.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I honestly don't see the love for the Blackhawks logo/uniform. Sure, the uniforms are pretty good I guess, but why do people think the logo is "the best in hockey" or "the best in all sports?" It's too busy, there are too many colors going on, and it just looks dated.

My belated reaction to the Sharks' loss last night...

I honestly don't see the love for the Blackhawks logo/uniform. Sure, the uniforms are pretty good I guess, but why do people think the logo is "the best in hockey" or "the best in all sports?" It's too busy, there are too many colors going on, and it just looks dated.

It just sort of has that "classy" feel to it. I wouldn't say it's the best in hockey though. That title belongs to the Habs' red sweaters. The fact that the Blackhawks' uniforms are even in the discussion should speak to how good they are. The Canadiens have had a storied history to help build equity for their sweaters. The 'Hawks don't really have that. Yet they're often put on the same level.

I hate this advanced stat/possession obsession Corsi/Fenwick stuff.

It's amazing how these advance stat geeks are so happy Colorado lost.

Seriously, it feels like goals are being undervalued because puck possession rules all.

According to advance stats, basically Chicago/LA are the only teams in the West that can win it all.

According to advance stats, basically Chicago/LA are the only teams in the West that can win it all.

I have some news for you...

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I hate this advanced stat/possession obsession Corsi/Fenwick stuff.

It's amazing how these advance stat geeks are so happy Colorado lost.

Seriously, it feels like goals are being undervalued because puck possession rules all.

or someone doesn't understand what advanced statistics are actually useful for, but that's probably reasonable at this point in time because you obviously have yet to find the person who pisses in your Cheerios each morning.

spacer.png

You don't score goals by not having the puck, you lunchbox.

"Too busy," "too many colors," "looks dated"

This coming from a guy who roots for a team with 4 colors in it's palette splattered on a uniform with early 2000's random piping and motion swatches.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As a Kings fan, I don't care that the Kings are playing the Ducks. Years ago, it was the hope of seeing this matchup. The truth of it now, after winning a Cup, who the Kings play in the playoffs doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is winning a Cup, not who you beat to get there. I may be one of the few that isn't getting excited about this matchup. I could care less about the matchuo. Just hope the Kings win four and move on.

I'm torn in this one, because I know the Hawks have solved the Kings many a time over the last few years while struggling with the Ducks, butas a semi-neutral viewer, the Kings go through teams with all the finesse and panache of a Soviet tank. Blah.

This coming from a guy who roots for a team with 4 colors in it's palette splattered on a uniform with early 2000's random piping and motion swatches.

I was simply talking about the logo when I said it was "too busy," had "too many colors," and "looks dated." I agree with you, the Blues would benefit from simplifying their color palette, but the logo isn't too busy. The Blackhawks logo has what, 8 different colors going on? I just think it's too chaotic. To be quite honest, I don't see the problem with the Blues uniforms. They're not great, no, but they're not awful like say the Capitals or Penguins.

I was simply talking about the logo when I said it was "too busy," had "too many colors," and "looks dated." I agree with you, the Blues would benefit from simplifying their color palette, but the logo isn't too busy. The Blackhawks logo has what, 8 different colors going on? I just think it's too chaotic. To be quite honest, I don't see the problem with the Blues uniforms. They're not great, no, but they're not awful like say the Capitals or Penguins.

The "neon indian" or "chief blackhawk" or whatever you want to call it is definitely kind of color-loaded but that's what makes it unique. If you look at concepts where the blackhawks' crest is simplified it looks really bizarre, IMHO.

The Blues uniforms suck. The Caps and Pens are similarly crappy, yes, but the Blues, like the Flames, have some cool colors/logos that are wasted on a uniform that went through the Reebok Goof Machine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived