Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

It's great to see all the not-really-hockey-fans in Canada who flipped to the Canadiens squirm and post depressing statuses to facebook. Maybe this is Montreal's chance to completely blow things for themselves.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great to see all the not-really-hockey-fans in Canada who flipped to the Canadiens squirm and post depressing statuses to facebook. Maybe this is Montreal's chance to completely blow things for themselves.

It's only one game.

The Habs did not go for the kill, when there was 10 minutes left. Simply put...The Bruins wanted it more. I knew the Bruins were not going down easy, so part of me isn't surprised considering they are former Cup Champs. I did think the Habs had it, but the Bruins comeback didn't catch me completely off guard. The Bruins did not want to trail 0-2 on their way to the Bell Center against a undefeated Habs team.

It's too bad for Price. Price had an amazing 2nd period. He would have got 1st star had the Habs won the game no doubt. He couldn't steal the game, only a period.

It's almost as if we all forget that the Habs took a game on the road and "won" home ice the rest of the way...

And the Bruins will likely win at least 1 in Montreal... This series is going to be long.

The Habs may have swiped home ice advantage heading back to Quebec, but when you're up 3-1 with less than ten to play, that's a "go for the jugular" situation. They had it, and they blew it. Going home 1-1 this way feels a lot worse than it would've if they had just lost in a more straight-forward way today, and I'd be stunned if Boston doesn't nab one in Montreal, if not both games. It's pretty frigging clear who the better team is after these first two games, and Carey Price has worked some incredible magic so that the Habs have a win in this series.

spacer.png

So we'll get OT in the OC for Game 1. Nice play by Gaborik there to bat it in.

Please don't call it that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm sorry.

The Ducks are controlling this OT, but Quick has been difference so far.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'm sorry.

I hope you realize that my response was just a joke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh yeah, I know that is from Arrested Development.

This one will hurt the Ducks. 7 seconds away from a win, and Gaborik rips their hearts out.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Pickup of the trade deadline? Five goals for Gaborik this postseason, netting the tying goal and winning goal tonight to keep LA's surge going tonight in Anaheim.

Huge character game for Anaheim on Monday night to see if they can come back quickly enough from a game that, for all intents and purposes, they had in the bag, and let squirm out.

spacer.png

The better team lost in Anaheim. Jonathan Quick is the new Hasek- as long as he's breathing, you have a chance.

They are impossibly difficult to knock out.

Hell, even in non-Cup years recently- Vancouver needed a goal in the final 2:03 in 2010, San Jose 2011/Chicago last year needed overtime.

They're the hardest team in sports to knock off outside of the Miami Heat.

"The longer this game goes, it has to favor Anaheim. The Kings coming off that 5 game series, playing with 5 defensemen for pretty much the entire game tonight. I would highly doubt that they would have as much gas left in the tank as the more rested Anaheim team." - Brian Heyward (10:49 of OT)

"Off the Goalpost and INNNN!!!" (Marian Gaborik 12:07 of OT)

Take that Moron Heyward!!! You don't know hockey so crawl back into your friggin hole and go home! You can shove your gas where the sun don't shine!

The better team lost in Anaheim.

I'm pretty sure the team that played better was the one that, ya know, scored the winning goal. Because they won. That's what defines which teams played better, at least on any given night, do.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived