Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Donal Sterling was on Twitter last night upset that the Bruins lost

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/p-k-subban-targeted-by-racist-tweets-after-habs-win-1.2629759

We went through this two years ago when Joel Ward ended their season. What the hell, Boston?

You're right; a few racist dingbats wouldn't represent any other franchise in hockey if they took to Twitter and wrote derogatory terms, but since it's Boston, they're suddenly the voice of the city. Please.

I don't doubt that a majority of Bostonians aren't racist morons, but this is the second time in three years that this has become a story. Also, the N word was trending in Boston which means it was more than a few.

Which helps me feel even more comfortable that it was probably stupid teenagers who didn't even watch the game and aren't even Bruins fans.

In the story it says there were 17,000 simultaneous tweets with Subban and the N-word. 17,000 at once. So, no, that's not everybody in Boston. But that's bad. No matter where they originated.

Blackhawks have been off the entire game. Trying to get too cute and playing about as inefficient a style of hockey as you can in the playoffs. Wouldn't shock me at all if they lose the first two.

Edit: Kane is displeased with my assessment

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's not really a referee screw up since the puck was in-and-out pretty much immediately and it was in a very top corner of the net; it's not like it actually caused a net ripple or anything.

Those are also immediately reviewed regardless so, sooner or later, Brassard was going to have his goal and the Rangers were going to have their win.

spacer.png

I understand that cheering for a non-local team subjects me to watching other people be happy, but :censored:, there is severely a lack of bars to go to that won't show "the game." I remember going to Estelle's off North and Damen last year, specifically because they weren't inundated with TVs and of course, they just had to change it. Even when I went to Three Floyds back in 2010, a popular brewpub in Indiana, I got to watch San Jose get outplayed on a projector no less. You can go to literally any other bar in the city and watch sports, but I find myself siding with the non-sports crowd on this one. There needs to be more options on a regular basis for the bars that won't make you put up with drunken fanboys, especially come playoff time.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived