2014-15 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Armada are unveiling a new sweater for their home opener against the Olympiques.

I got a bit nervous when I first read that. I was afraid that they were going to be getting new jerseys. Hopefully their new 3rd jersey looks as nice as their home and away look.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

The Armada are unveiling a new sweater for their home opener against the Olympiques.

I got a bit nervous when I first read that. I was afraid that they were going to be getting new jerseys. Hopefully their new 3rd jersey looks as nice as their home and away look.

The problem with having only 2 colors is that, unless they add a color, whatever jersey they unveil is going to look like one of the other two. Even on a wildly different template, it will still be just black and white,.

The CHL section of the site hasn't been updated in awhile... have folks given up?

The Rimouski Oceanic have changed their team colours last season (the logo is more muted, blue and purple, ugly, I think... it's all over the team site and QMJHL site, but the old one is still floating around the team's wikipedia page and elsewhere). Also, a new anniversary logo.

The Halifax Mooseheads premiered a new third jersey last season too - a green one, a real beauty.

Drouin14117.jpg

When is the Halifax Metro Centre's name change to Scotiabank Place taking place?

Not sure. UFC FN 54 is being advertised as taking place at the Halifax Metro Centre on Oct. 4. However, the old Halifax Metro Centre signage was removed from the building a few days ago.

Ugh the Wolves will always be one of my 4 OHL teams but I can't get behind myself to shell out $150 on that stupid piping! And yes, it is that much to purchase one in Sudbury :(

Lose the piping and I could see myself grabing one of these.

I'm sorry but just using green doesn't mean that the jersey is retro.

Nothing about this uniform is retro besides the colour.

It's just a green jersey.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

yup. No argument there.

My point was that it's so far from being what the old uniform looked like that I wouldn't even call it retro.

Maybe fauxback is a better description.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 2 weeks later...

The Kingston Frontenacs have a white trim around the sleeve numbers on their white jerseys this year. Makes them a bit easier to read. Also the white jerseys are now CCM. Not sure if the black sweaters have the same treatment or not.

Now they just need to fix the sleeve numbers on the black jerseys. The yellow numbers on white and yellow stripes looks terrible. They really should be black outlined in yellow.

The Kingston Frontenacs have a white trim around the sleeve numbers on their white jerseys this year. Makes them a bit easier to read. Also the white jerseys are now CCM. Not sure if the black sweaters have the same treatment or not.

Now they just need to fix the sleeve numbers on the black jerseys. The yellow numbers on white and yellow stripes looks terrible. They really should be black outlined in yellow.

The fronts will play 2 road exhibition games hopefully I am able to get to one. Either way we should know if the numbers are updated by the other side of the weekend at the latest.

Archived