All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Regardless of the name I predict they do something metallic on the uniform to set themselves apart, whether that's copper or silver(I bet silver). Hockey uniforms tend to use thick twill and stitching so metallic uniform elements end up looking like VGK or Carolina, kind of chunky. But this newer heat pressed metallic material is hot in sports now and unrepresented in the NHL. Could be seen as a hole to fill. In the NFL the Cardinals & Lions recently used it, while the Rams and Texans have "glossy" colors, and the Vikings new ICY alternate also might have metallic silver.
  3. Completely fair. Modern doesn't make it amazing and it can be used as a cash grab all the same. If we're going case by case, I've stated my reason for not liking the Rams throwbacks used on today's template. For other teams (Broncos), it shows a lot of inconsistencies that we dismiss because it's a throwback, but would have issues with today. If we're going to compare designs, you have to keep the scale equal and critique it the same way. It's lazy and cheap because it doesn't advance a brand/look and settles for decent. It settles for "Ah, people used to love this. Just bring it back". The Rams throwback on Dickerson looks great because the bigger sleeve captures the desired look of the swooping horn from the armpit to the sleeve. In the picture I used, you can see on the O-lineman that the design can be messed up quickly and takes away from the desired look. The design starts at the shoulder and loses the same swoop or gets cut off in this uniform. When players wore bigger sleeves like Bradford in the Throwback, it worked and captured what the Throwback was. Players aren't doing so, it makes a solid look worse and I would rather modernize it so a uniform works than just say old look is good when it doesn't translate the same.
  4. The one thing that always bothered me about the 80s-90s Rams uniforms is the white nameplate and pants stripe. There isn't any white on the rest of the uniform, so why those two minor elements? I'd prefer to see it all in blue and yellow. Also, that uniform is one of the few that I think looks better with modern jersey templates. The Dickerson-era shoulder horns are too huge, but on the current jersey cuts, the shoulder horns are a lot more proportionate:
  5. I find the matchup at Soldier Field slightly over this one.
  6. I feel like the name is going to kind of dictate the colors, you can't really go with Yeti(s) and use tan, brown, etc.
  7. Yep, @BlueMoon18 is correct. The road script I used was worn only in 1987, and the last script "New York" used by the Mets was in 1994. CHICAGO WHITE SOX HOME: ROAD: HOME ALT: ROAD ALT: CITY CONNECT: Notes: - The less said about the current state of the Chicago White Sox the better, but they do have great uniforms, so at least they've got that going for them. - No MLB organization celebrates or rewards mediocrity quite like the White Sox. Case in point: Since 2013, the team has regularly worn throwbacks of the 1983 team, which not only did not win a championship but didn’t even reach the World Series. If the South Siders want to honor an historical team actually worth celebrating (and who also had great uniforms), and with the '83 throwbacks seemingly being shelved this year, they should make the 1917 throwbacks the new Sunday home alt. - The primary uniforms now use actual white stocking befitting the team's name, and the thick black & white stripes return to the road pants where they belong. - I switched to a white script and numbers for the road jersey both as a nod to the team’s great 1969 look, and because they play off the white socks a bit better. - The City Connect trades in silver for red, which evokes the team’s past as well as the local Bulls and Blackhawks. C&C appreciated as always!
  8. While we're discussing Green Bay... Don't change a stitch. As much as I hate that team, this is best looking game every single year.
  9. Similar feelings here. I have a design for the City of Chicago to own the Bears and turn the President and GM position into a publicly elected office.
  10. He played against Notre Dame in 2021 and Ohio State in 2022. Against Notre Dame he had one of his best games of his college career. I was at the game, but I'm no scout so I can't say that I have any real insight. The Ohio State game on the other hand, he didn't look so great. But very few people look great against Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka. I'd still say he's a very good CB, but I'm honestly surprised he was the first CB taken.
  11. From Mike Florio/ProFootballTalk: Apparently Guardian Caps can be used in games this year. PFT Article
  12. Mine is 31, and he’s been with me since I was 18 and he was 9.
  13. That's basically what I said... The only difference is there's no gap in the horn design and a different shade of yellow. I can live with that. I just don't get the high praise of the throwback because as I said, it doesn't look great on the modern uniform template. This pushes the essence of their throwback but makes it work with the current template and a better pants design.
  14. Mitchell is really good. He was talked about as a first round pick all last season. The Eagles could have done a lot worse. I think you got a really good player with this pick.
  15. I sure hope so. Buffalo has had some pretty good drafts in recent years. Just sucks to trade with the team that constantly rubs their face in the dirt.
  16. I hope you've misplaced this comment (i.e., I hope this is a popular opinion).
  17. The team can call it "deep purple" in their Facebook comments all they want and it doesn't change the fact it looks blue. But like I said, it also doesn't change the fact that it doesn't match the purple used anywhere else.
  18. Today
  19. Drafting an O-lineman is like getting a set of kitchen knives as a gift; it's not much fun in the moment, but in six months you'll be really glad you have them.
  20. Or they can go this route like these several concept here (minus the St. Louis colors they have on this),
  21. Wasn’t aware of this. Good stuff.
  22. So something overplayed (red and black) as opposed to a color not currently in use that actually has relevancy to the geographic region and sports history of said region?
  23. @MCM0313 I do indeed! He's 34 years old, and been with me since I was about 9. Lifelong friends! https://www.instagram.com/garfieldtheparrot
  24. "Because the Carolina Panthers did" is not the argument you think it is.
  25. Deleted some other stuff that was probably meaner. How about I paraphrase Sam Wyche? 'Would you stop updating your template?!?! You're the Green Bay Packers. You don't live in Carolina!'
  26. Weird soap box: we need more publically owned teams. You want the public's money for a stadium? Okay, then you get to be publically owned. ridiculous that we can pay for a team and get nothing in return if an owner decides to skip town. Whole system is rotten
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.