Ravens Concept

gueman

I am digging those pant stripes a ton. Great way to do something unique (and meaningful) with stripes and not have to tamper with the classic triple-stripe.

The rest I am not blown away by. I have long thought that the Ravens need to use more gold. I don't really see your helmet logo as a big improvement.

Pants though... digging.

Those pants are effing awesome. Perfect implementation of traits from the state flag.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Overall, good work. I agree that the pants stripe is very clever (and appropriate for this particular team). Now, however, for the parts that I think need improvement:

Helmet logo -- I like the idea, but the B needs to be a little stronger (for lack of a better word). The font you used for the B is a little too frilly/cutesy for my taste. I think the B in the current helmet logo would work just fine in your logo.

Numbers -- Since you kept the drop shadow, why not stick with the current number font? That is one of my favorite parts of the current uniform.

Jersey sleeves -- They look a little empty. I would suggest either adding a sleeve logo or moving the TV numbers to the sleeves.

Pants -- I'm not sold on the purple (but that is purely a matter of taste, not a reflection on your execution). You could keep the stripe on white pants, so perhaps see how that looks (then you could use the stripe on both the home and away sets).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I had a feeling the pants would be a hit. Glad you liked them. I was going to incorporate the Calvert (Baltimore) portion into the sleeves but I left the sleeves plain because I see the sleeve almost disappearing in the game today so any adornment would be lost too.

I changed up the number font just a bit because it has a subtle resemblance to the font the team used originally.

I added the gold to the drop shadow because on the purple the black gets lost. That is my biggest complaint with the purple jerseys they now use. I used the UCLA type insert as a nod to the Baltimore Colts.

I wanted to keep both the B and the Raven on the helmet I was looking for a more stylized B something that would have been representative of a B EA Poe would have made. Well from all the input I have quite a bit to work on.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

THREE THUMBS UP: The pants. As good as anyone's come up with, and exactly what they should be wearing. That alone earns you full marks.

TWO THUMBS UP: Keeping purple as the predominant jersey color, and infusing a little more gold.

ONE THUMB UP: The top half of the helmet logo; I like what they have now, but I could see yours working as well. Also, the purple facemasks look good IMO.

TWO THUMBS DOWN: The "B" on the wordmark and the number font. Too refined and dainty for Ray-Ray and the rest of the Ravens. Plus, I'm with Leopard - their current number font works well, and it's unique - it is the Ravens.

BTW, the Ravens' original number font is exactly what the Arizona Diamondbacks wear now, whch isn't that close to what appears to be Palatino.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here are some refinements. I added a black alt., modified the jerseys and created a new helmet logo. I didn't change the pants, because everyone liked them and i kept the number font because I liked it. :D Let me know what you think.

ravensuniset32206b.jpg

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

your concepts blow their regular uniforms away. I hate the ravens and their look but these are much nicer. i like the first logo you came up with a lot but some of the other guys are right about not enough gold and i kinda agree but only with the B in the logo. I think making the Gold outline thicker or making the whole B gold would improve it since the helmet's shell is black and its tough for the Purple to stand out enough. Just thoughts though, everything else you've done is a vast improvment on the unis.

I can see the Ravens in these. Seriously, I wish more NFL teams would get a little more creative with their looks. I know it's the "No Fun League", all buttoned down and $#*! (reference the recent crackdown on end-zone celebrations), and I know the older generation ain't too hot about more modernized fashion (Broncos, Falcons, Cardinals), but with the colors the Ravens use, this just works. That logo is H-O-T!!! (Nice comment bout the "nevermore" by the way.) And those stripes on the pants is FIRE!!! Send these things up to B'more's HQ QUICK!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived