Phillies get a 3rd uniform, finally

BadSeed84

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard, expect it to look more cream in real life than it does in the style sheet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You'll see it on Thursday. Think 1948, but with current fonts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

check out my blog, it has all the new jerseys and patches for 08 even the phillies one

Dude, you can't be doing this, i believe. MLB has been pretty tight lipped about stuff like this. The same issue happened last year when Arizona's were leaked out last september.

Just as a future reference, if anyone does get stuff like this, keep your mouths closed, casue peope can lose their media/whatever it is called.

Thanks for reading.

Didn't the Cards have a red alt at one point?

sr1v.jpg

I believe that was just their BP jersey.

When those were introduced during the 1998 update, LaRussa said these would be the BPs, but that they might occasionally use them in a game as well. In a game around Labor Day 1999, they wore these (or ones exactly like them) and then auctioned off after the game as a "Shirt off our backs" charity auction. To date, that is the only time they've worn something other than their regular home whites or road grays.

Back on topic, what teams are left that have never used an alt?

The Cards, the Yanks, who else?

I'd just like to question grouping all alternate uniforms together. I think it would be worthwhile to differentiate between at least two categories of alts. In the first category, or "Type 1" alternate, we have your basic solid-color-shirt alternate jersey. Usually, this is just the regular jersey's tackle-twill, sometimes in different colors for contrast, sewn onto a solid-color jersey (Twins). Occasionally, this is a unique set of jersey elements on a solid-color jersey (Nats). Even when executed at a very high level, as with the new Royals alts, this kind of alternate never rises above the marketing-driven, lazy crapitude that it is. Type 1 alternates never amounts to anything other than an alternate jersey, since baseball tradition augers against considering a solid-color jersey a normal home or road shirt.

In the other category, I'd put alternate uniforms that really are a complete uniform for the team, whether this represents a secondary look or some kind of tribute/throwback uniform. Examples of "Type 2" alternates would be Washington's Homestead Grays Negro Leagues tribute jerseys, or Milwaukee's throwback alts, or the new Phillies alts. Teams with these kinds of alternate uniforms could switch to the alternates full-time, and nobody would have any difficulty accepting them as regular home or road uniforms.

And then there are the rare teams, namely the Mets and Astros, that have both Type 1 and Type 2 alternates.

If we include one-off event or tribute Type 2 alternates, then I think the Yankees may be the only team never to have worn one. But if we are simply asking, "Which team has never worn a crappy Type 1 alternate jersey," then we'd be left with a larger group of teams.

20082614447.png

True enough.

Then again, George Steinbrenner did say that the Yankees participated in the Turn Ahead the Clock event.... :P

But you've hit on the question I was asking. "Which teams have never worn a crappy Type 1 alternate jersey?" I'd even extend that to any regular alt of any kind (not counting the one-off throwbacks and the like).

We have the Yankees, Tigers, Phillies and Cardinals. Any others?

check out my blog, it has all the new jerseys and patches for 08 even the phillies one

Dude, you can't be doing this, i believe. MLB has been pretty tight lipped about stuff like this. The same issue happened last year when Arizona's were leaked out last september.

Just as a future reference, if anyone does get stuff like this, keep your mouths closed, casue peope can lose their media/whatever it is called.

Thanks for reading.

well to let u know, i got all them pic from this site about a month or so ago....it wasnt me who leeked them

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Archived