My Proposal for the 2011 NHL Winter Classic

ColeJ

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good read. It was very thorough and extremely well thought out. Both uniforms looked amazing, also (so don't punch me in the face, please, I spoke the truth! ^_^ ) It would be really cool to see the Stars return to Minnesota for a heritage game.

TDZiMMB.png

Even though the NHL won't go for it in reality, I'd really love to watch it on TV.

I'd also like to see these as Winter Classics:

Kings vs. Ducks at Angel Stadium

Devils vs. Rangers at Yankee Stadium

Flyers vs. Penguins at Heinz Field

Flyers vs. Devils at the new Giants Stadium

Blackhawks vs. Blues at Busch Stadium

Canucks vs. Avalanche at Invesco Field

Blues vs. Predators at LP Field

Flyers vs. Capitals at RFK Stadium

The jerseys look great, especially the North Stars' jersey.

p.s. I'd like to see the Senators play the Capitals at some point- Canada vs the United States for all the New Years' Day marbles. FedEx Field would be the logical location for such a game.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

This is an awesome proposal. You might also be able to add a new Vikings stadium to your list of venues if Minnesota's turn gets pushed back far enough. (Emphasis on "might".)

As for your half-joking proposal at the end to eventually hold a Winter Classic in Dallas, I wouldn't put it past Gary Bettman to try to stage it at Cowboys Stadium. Hey, if Ralph Wilson Stadium can host the event during the NFL season...

CCSLC signature.png

I'd also like to see these as Winter Classics:

Canucks vs. Avalanche at Invesco Field

I'd personally like to see the Avs host it at Coors Field, but that's just me - they'd sell out either stadium. However, it's got to be against the Red Wings. Just has to. The Avs have bad blood with the Canucks and with the Wild... but it doesn't come close to the Avs/Red Wings history.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

This is an awesome proposal. You might also be able to add a new Vikings stadium to your list of venues if Minnesota's turn gets pushed back far enough. (Emphasis on "might".)

As for your half-joking proposal at the end to eventually hold a Winter Classic in Dallas, I wouldn't put it past Gary Bettman to try to stage it at Cowboys Stadium. Hey, if Ralph Wilson Stadium can host the event during the NFL season...

only problem i have with a winter classic in cowboys stadium is that i've been to a titans/cowboys preseason game at the stadium, and anyone who claims that's an "outdoor venue" needs to slapped.

it felt like a giant monster arena football game. the hole in roof looks just about the same size as texas stadium, in a venue that's 5x the size. it's pretty much a dome with a tiny oval hole hidden behind a giant scoreboard.

p.s. I'd like to see the Senators play the Capitals at some point- Canada vs the United States for all the New Years' Day marbles. FedEx Field would be the logical location for such a game.

I doubt you'll see another Canadian team in the Winter Classic, let alone the Ottawa Senators. Last time Ottawa had a game on NBC, it was one of the lowest rated Stanley Cup finals in a long time...

Flyers vs. Penguins at Heinz Field

While I love this idea, it wont happen at Heinz Field because the Steelers either will either be in the playoffs, and/or just plain wont allow it.

It would more likely happen at PNC Park, which I actually would prefer, given the view of the skyline from there.

If we're lucky, and it snows, then imagine the great photos.

However it will probably be a while before the NHL lets one team be in it again, let alone two.

oBIgzrL.png

the senators vs capitals game should be at nationals park (in case FedEx field might have a game or playoffs, which wont happen for sometime).

so long and thanks for all the fish.

the senators vs capitals game should be at nationals park (in case FedEx field might have a game or playoffs, which wont happen for sometime).

FedEx Field...playoffs? thats funny. I simply just dont like the idea of an outdoor game at a baseball stadium. IMO the best place to hold it in DC would be RFK Stadium. I know its a dump, but its got the atmosphere and tradition of DC sports behind it. You can feel it when you walk in the place. Itll never happen cause its not shiny and new, but hey, one can dream right?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I like how it took five full posts for this thread to devolve from feedback on a concept to a million posts of "this team should play this team in this stadium!" I think that's a new record.

Winter Classic Proposals* == Reel Line Mints

*Referring to the stupid "rival a (who I'm a fan of) vs. rival b at some big stadium that I am close to" posts. Not an actual concept presented for feedback.

As for feedback on the concept, I like the idea behind the Wild uniforms, but something about the shoulders just seems off. Maybe they'd be better with just green shoulders (since the current shoulder design kind of clashes with the perfect striping of the BP), or maybe "Rangers" style shoulders would work too. The current ones aren't bad, but they just jump out at me for some reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks good Cole, I like it. One thing bugs me though, the Wild throwbacks. I just don't see the need for Minnesota to create a fauxback when they already have two serving as their home and alternate sweaters. They could wear either of those and still look Winter Classic-like.

Archived