MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Why don't we just get it over with and across every major sport and the NCAA, give each team the following uniforms:

1. White (because you can't have whiteouts without it)

2. Team Color (because your identity will be worn twice per season)

3. Team Secondary Color (because we can invert colors)

4. Gray/Silver/Anthracite (or all of the above)

5. Black (for the badasses)

6. Neon version of team colors (for the shoe manufacturers)

7. Camo (so we can charge you more for an ugly jersey, but donate $1 per overpriced shirt and call you un-American if you don't buy)

8. Pink (so we can charge you more, donate even less, and play on you and your mom/girlfriend/wife's emotions)

And when that is all milked to death...sell ad space.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mets should have introduced a slogan when they got their camo jerseys: "First to Fight, still last in our Division"

The Marlins should also introduce a new slogan: “Last in our divison, first to dump our players when they become somewhat valuable". :P

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Why don't we just get it over with and across every major sport and the NCAA, give each team the following uniforms:

1. White (because you can't have whiteouts without it)

2. Team Color (because your identity will be worn twice per season)

3. Team Secondary Color (because we can invert colors)

4. Gray/Silver/Anthracite (or all of the above)

5. Black (for the badasses)

6. Neon version of team colors (for the shoe manufacturers)

7. Camo (so we can charge you more for an ugly jersey, but donate $1 per overpriced shirt and call you un-American if you don't buy)

8. Pink (so we can charge you more, donate even less, and play on you and your mom/girlfriend/wife's emotions)

And when that is all milked to death...sell ad space.

You forgot 9. Throwback, 10. Fauxback, and 11. Historically-inspired.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mets should have introduced a slogan when they got their camo jerseys: "First to Fight, still last in our Division"

The Marlins should also introduce a new slogan: “Last in our divison, first to dump our players when they become somewhat valuable". :P
Right right, but we all know 2015 will be different........as seen on TV , or in a movie theater in 1989

Another look at the new Mets road alt cap:

628x471.jpg

It's like they saw Oakland's new road cap and said "Yeah, we could do something like that". The regular hat is a lot better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

While that cap is stupid and unnecessary, that logo doesn't get enough credit for being such a wonderful take on the interlocking NY concept. I know they didn't really create it (though I thought the NYG version was spiker at the ends) but it's very classy (when done in a single color - not that crap.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree, it's a great logo.

That version was used by the Giants in their last years.

Willie.jpg

They did have a spikier version dating from the turn of the century that was phased out in the early 1950s.

r-bresnahan-new-york-giants-cap-fitted-b

That logo survived through a bunch of color changes, sometimes with an outline, sometimes with the N and Y in different colors, all the way to the orange-and-black uniforms that the SF Giants still wear (this one is obviously a repro):

new-era-59fifty-fitted-baseball-cap-new-

Although it wasn't used very long, the last Giants logo got ossified as the "official" one after they left, and when the Mets came to town that's the one they adopted.

1954-Topps-Baseball-Willie-Mays-213x300.

The new Mets cap looks like this Giants cap from the mid 1940s:

0779BSprng2014Prem_lg.jpeg

The Marlins should also introduce a new slogan: Last in our divison, first to dump our players when they become somewhat valuable". :P

As a marlins fan, I've applauded every move when they dump players- even the Miggy and Jays trades.

Sometimes, the uneducated fans need to look past the headlines.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Another look at the new Mets road alt cap:628x471.jpg

In this picture David Wright is thinking to himself Why in the world did I ever resign with this team?. :D
You sure that's not Matt Harvey?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Another look at the new Mets road alt cap:628x471.jpg

In this picture David Wright is thinking to himself Why in the world did I ever resign with this team?. :D
You sure that's not Matt Harvey?

That's definitely Matt Harvey.
And this people, is why I shouldn't post early in the morning. *facepalm x100000000*

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived