MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

While I'd love it if Milwaukee went full-blown royal and yellow, the navy and non-metallic gold look good together. I am glad they brought barrel man back though.

I prefer royal as well, but they could do a whole lot worse than this.

BrewNewColors_zpsijwkspql.png

I also hope Barrel Man replaces Bernie... never cared for him, even when I was a kid.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racist or not, I just don't like the Chief Wahoo logo. Lots of thin, short strokes...just not well-designed. The block C is even worse; there's absolutely nothing distinctive about it.

I don't understand why the block C gets all the hate it does. Not only is there a historical precedent for the Indians using it, but it manages to be distinct amongst all of the other teams that use a C monogram.

Yeah. Its simple stylings also reference the fact that the team has actually been around a while. An old school looking being used by an old school team. It works.

Racial arguments aside Wahoo has actually been associated with a lengthy championship drought for the team.

Racist or not, I just don't like the Chief Wahoo logo. Lots of thin, short strokes...just not well-designed. The block C is even worse; there's absolutely nothing distinctive about it.

I don't understand why the block C gets all the hate it does. Not only is there a historical precedent for the Indians using it, but it manages to be distinct amongst all of the other teams that use a C monogram.

Put a feather in it, say the feather from Chief Wahoo, and i think it's perfect

That said, navy C on a red hat, blech. very hard to see. Red on navy though, not bad at all

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I don't like because it's ridiculously boring, it doesn't match any jersey font, and it looks terrible on the red hat. Looking like a 1930s generic high school team isn't a good thing, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There is no reason why the font on their caps shouldn't match the one on their jerseys. The block-"C" font (TribeType) is actually really nice; if they used it for their scripts instead of the bland, generic one they use now, I think the'd have a really solid-looking set. That being said, the 1990s uniforms, provided they be worn with navy accessories, are their best.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

p9HZTCk.jpg

Best indians cap ever. Unpopular opinion though. The cursive I looks so good.

I" agree (I'll see myself out now)

When they had the silver outline on the I...wasn't the batterman on the back outlined in silver? I swore I saw hats in 2001 or 2002 that had this, plus the Astros' batterman was outlined in sand too.

From here, i think they should take the C from this jersey, put it on a blue cap with a red brim(blue brim on road) and call it a day

3ytgvavgfl3mqj5lj42715bze.gif

I'm not sure, but the Cubs could potentially have a problem with that. The two C's aren't too far off.

The Indians navy alt jersey is listed as new on MLB shop. Anyone knows if they also changed the navy on their jerseys? I thought it was already midnight navy like the new Wahoo caps...

Any color guru/style guide insider with this info?

Is it the replica or the authentic?

If replica, all replica jerseys are "new" because of the fact replicas are now made with cool base and have the batter on back

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The Indians navy alt jersey is listed as new on MLB shop. Anyone knows if they also changed the navy on their jerseys? I thought it was already midnight navy like the new Wahoo caps...

Any color guru/style guide insider with this info?

Is it the replica or the authentic?

If replica, all replica jerseys are "new" because of the fact replicas are now made with cool base and have the batter on back

Authentic:

http://mshop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=705484&cp=1452727

Best indians cap ever. Unpopular opinion though. The cursive I looks so good.

I" agree (I'll see myself out now)

When they had the silver outline on the I...wasn't the batterman on the back outlined in silver? I swore I saw hats in 2001 or 2002 that had this, plus the Astros' batterman was outlined in sand too.

I think that the "I" looks OK but I really, really prefer city initial on the cap.

I know there is nothing special or distinctive about it, but I really like the below. I think the current block C logos "red on blue" and "blue on red" are visually jarring and a white outline would help...and I say this as a person that tends to like white-free items (like Cavs alt/road, for example)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Textile changes for the Indians in 2015...

2014:

ClevelandIndians_FRC01_2014_TXC_SRGB.png

2015-present:

ClevelandIndians_FRC01_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

Thanks! I had always thought Majestic only had one shade of navy for jerseys. So I guess every other tribe jerseys trim, scripts and logos won't be affected since only the blue alt is listed as new...

The Cardinals alts were classic, incredible, well designed, very nice. I just don't see it with the Mariners'.

pMLB2-19880881dt.jpg

That's a gorgeous look... for the Brewers.

I also think the Mariners' navy/teal is now the best its ever looked, which is apparently an unpopular opinion around here.

This poster agrees with you. The only problem I have with the tweaks is the silver on the road uniform. I would've made that white as the gray base color can pretty much act in silver's place.

Has anyone seen the sleeves of the home and road? Did they add piping to the arms like they have on the alternates?

Also, anybody else notice they moved the compass rose down lower into the M?

Two fixes that would vastly improve this look:

1) Remove the outter blue outline

2) Fix the compass logo. Yellow highlight with blue shadow doesn't work. Need to be rethunk.

Archived