2014 NFL Season Anti-Thread

The_Admiral

Another arrest

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2014/11/ex-ny_giant_luke_petitgout_choked_sexually_assaulted_woman_in_woodcliff_lake_authorities_say.html#incart_river

Former New York Giants offensive lineman Lucas “Luke” Petitgout tackled, choked and sexually assaulted a woman he knew at his Woodclif Lake home early Tuesday, according to newly released court documents and police.

Petitgout, 38, remained held Wednesday on charges of sexual assault by force and simple assault at the Bergen County Jail, sheriff’s department records show. His bail was set at $50,000 with no 10 percent option.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should put a team in Rome.

They have a stadium just sitting there without a tenant.

18-Roman%20Colosseum.JPG

Goodell is looking to place one regular season game over there in 2015. Word has it, the Bucs will be the home team.

Swing and a miss.

Home team is the Lions. They'll host the Saints.

Senators will host the Winter Classic.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

18-Roman%20Colosseum.JPG

Goodell is looking to place one regular season game over there in 2015. Word has it, the Bucs will be the home team.

Swing and a miss.

Home team is the Lions. They'll host the Saints.

Senators will host the Winter Classic.

That would be the greatest Lions game ever.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Another arrest

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2014/11/ex-ny_giant_luke_petitgout_choked_sexually_assaulted_woman_in_woodcliff_lake_authorities_say.html#incart_river

Former New York Giants offensive lineman Lucas “Luke” Petitgout tackled, choked and sexually assaulted a woman he knew at his Woodclif Lake home early Tuesday, according to newly released court documents and police.

Petitgout, 38, remained held Wednesday on charges of sexual assault by force and simple assault at the Bergen County Jail, sheriff’s department records show. His bail was set at $50,000 with no 10 percent option.

"tackled, choked and sexually assaulted"

Sounds like what is happening every weekend to the Raiders.

I am fan of them btw

:(

18-Roman%20Colosseum.JPG

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2014/11/05/pallottas-colosseum-dream-shot-down_f825b1ea-5c80-4fbe-ace1-24d94fca3daa.html

AS Roma's American owner actually proposed it this week, Roma playing Barcelona in a PPV event. Of course it can't happen and it's a very American idea, but they could probably host concerts and operas ( strictly PPV, of course) that the hypogeum will be closed from above. I suppose they could do it in the Circus Maximum, since that's frequently used for concerts and rallies anyway and it could actually fit a regulation size field.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Here's a stuffs I wrote about why I dislike the NFL.

http://RejectTheShield.com/

I know there's some typos to fix as well as some other edits I'd like to make. Maybe I will at some point. Also, don't read too much into the fact that I bought a domain name just for this. I don't blog anywhere, and thus I didn't really have an outlet, so I just set this thing up. And I buy domains like hotcakes. They're cheap and you never know when they'll come in handy.

http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/brandon-marshall-offers-heckler-25000-to-fight/

The 2014 Chicago Bears season has gone from awful to downright bizarre after wide receiver Brandon Marshall offered a heckler $25,000 to get into a boxing ring and fight him.

Marshall got a message on instagram from a Lions fan named Anthony G. Kalla, an internet troll who bashed the Bears’ season and insulted Marshall’s mother.

Marshall initially offered the guy $5,000 to step into a boxing ring and fight.

The two had a back and forth while Marshall increased his offer to $25,000.

It seems like Kalla is backing off at this point. He has not addressed Marshall’s offer and has since protected his account.

One thing is clear: Don’t insult Brandon Marshall’s mom.

Does Detroit rent barns?

Good stuff, STL Fanatic. This league's place in our lives is embarrassing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/brandon-marshall-offers-heckler-25000-to-fight/

The 2014 Chicago Bears season has gone from awful to downright bizarre after wide receiver Brandon Marshall offered a heckler $25,000 to get into a boxing ring and fight him.

Marshall got a message on instagram from a Lions fan named Anthony G. Kalla, an internet troll who bashed the Bears season and insulted Marshalls mother.

It seems like Kalla is backing off at this point. He has not addressed Marshalls offer and has since protected his account.

One thing is clear: Dont insult Brandon Marshalls mom.

Rumor has it that Jose Canseco wants to take Kalla's place...

Marshall got a message on instagram from a Lions fan named Anthony G. Kalla, an internet troll who bashed the Bears season and insulted Marshalls mother.

It seems like Kalla is backing off at this point. He has not addressed Marshalls offer and has since protected his account.

One thing is clear: Dont insult Brandon Marshalls mom.

Rumor has it that Jose Canseco wants to take Kalla's place...

Don't let this guy influence your opinion of Lions fans. We don't support him at all.

As a Lions fan, I would chip in a kickstarter to get this rolling, and root for Marshall to absolutely destroy the guy.

I'd even wear a Bears jersey. And then burn it after of course.

I'd join you in wearing Bears jerseys. Then, I'd help with the burning ceremony.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

My understanding from a few years ago was that every team would have to eventually lose a home game for the International Series. The Bills are (or were?) exempt because of their Toronto games. Maybe that has changed if teams are volunteering.

I hadn't heard that, and it sounds dubious. There's just no way the Patriots are giving up a home game for Goddell's fantasy. There's no way the Packers leave Lambeau for a week, and hurt the local businesses which relies on their games 10 times a year. If the NFL tries to force solid franchises with strong fanbases to give up home games, the fans are going to go nuts. Also, the cities which built these billion dollar stadiums to sit vacant 355 days are year are going to be extremely pissed if they're vacant 356 days. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if recent stadium contracts had the wording that teams couldn't play home games in other stadiums outside of emergencies.

There is no way that's happening.

When you hear that two teams are playing in London, simply ask yourself "which team has the lower-revenue-producing stadium?" and you'll know who is at "home." Last season when I heard it was to be Vikings/Steelers, I never had to check; I knew.

I agree that this messes with the integrity of the schedule. It's bad for the Vikings and it's arguably bad for the Steelers division rivals too.

The other thing is that I would be really, really upset if I was a season ticket holder. It's bad enough that 2 out of 10 games they pay full price for are preseason. Now for the London "home" teams, it's 2 out of 9. I have not heard a lot of complaining about this even though the Vikings lost a home game last year, but I think I'd be pissed if I was a season ticket holder.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree that it doesn't necessarily sound right that the Cowboys or Steelers would eventually lose a home game to London, and I think I have found a way to spin what I remember reading years ago to make it fit. I tried to find an article from the local paper online, but it's too much to wade through. I think it's possible that while the NFL may not choose randomly which teams get the "home" game in London, but I do believe the Bills are exempt from having a London home game because of all their games in Toronto. They'll play the Jags in London next year, but the Jags are the home team (of course).

I know Jerry Jones wouldn't want to give up a home game, but if the NFL runs out of volunteers, how would they get away with doing it any way other than randomly? The Raiders' situation may resolve itself in the next couple years, the 49ers previously hosted a game in London but have a new stadium, the Vikings are getting a new stadium, the Falcons are getting a new stadium, etc. The Jags and Bucs are pretty much the only teams that have hosted without a new stadium/city coming. What if they don't keep up with it?

as long as there are teams with local blackouts, there will be teams to send to London. At the end of the day, the competitive balance aspect of it doesn't matter from a business stand point. The Patriots, Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys, Washington, the New Yorks, et al. will not be forced to 'host' an overseas game - it just wouldn't make any sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived