2014 NFL Season Anti-Thread

The_Admiral

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing that Goodell press conference today (getting all "deer-in-the-headlights" on every media question asked) confined my realization of the NFL commissioner being the homogenous, cold, corporate and arrogant suitman, in charge of a sport who's headmen ended all graphic creativity (Super Bowl logos), butchered personal player conduct, and slash-and-burned all opposition in the name of almighty profit.

The corpse of Pete Rozelle can run today's NFL better than Goodell.

3. Ray Rice, despite being the piece of crap who punched his now-wife, comes out of this article looking pretty good compared to the league and especially the awful Ravens. Baltimore, according to this, is implicit in trying to bury this and misdirect everyone possible. Terrible organization who should be appropriately disgraced for this.

I mentioned this before.....http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99790-2014-nfl-season-thread/?p=2306964

I'm happy to double down on your point which was probably previously illustrated elsewhere 1000s of times prior.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Seeing that Goodell press conference today (getting all "deer-in-the-headlights" on every media question asked) confined my realization of the NFL commissioner being the homogenous, cold, corporate and arrogant suitman, in charge of a sport who's headmen ended all graphic creativity (Super Bowl logos), butchered personal player conduct, and slash-and-burned all opposition in the name of almighty profit.

Definition of a lawyer.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Here's the thing though. This isn't about simply being able to spank an unruly child. That's not the issue, and you should know that. This is about Adrian Peterson beating a four year old with a stick to the point that he was bleeding from his thighs and scrotum. I don't care if you think a parent has the right to spank a child or not. What Adrian Peterson did went so far beyond that, it's sickening to see so many people defending him.

Well put.

Definition of a lawyer.

Goodell doesn't have a law degree though.

Not sure what you guys think a commissioner should be. A commissioner really shouldn't have the same personality as your local deli owner.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not sure what you guys think a commissioner should be. A commissioner really shouldn't have the same personality as your local deli owner.

Maybe the job of "making money for his bosses, like a CEO" should be that of an actual CEO while a commissioner is appointed by the government to keep things in the best interests of the game and pursuant to federal anti-trust exemptions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Definition of a lawyer.

My mistake. Thought I heard he was lawyer. Economics degree and former COO. Still...

Reading that he got his internship in the NFL by way of letter writing campaign to the league and the 28 teams (at the time)... must of been full of crap-like bs that a lawyer would spew.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Maybe the job of "making money for his bosses, like a CEO" should be that of an actual CEO while a commissioner is appointed by the government to keep things in the best interests of the game and pursuant to federal anti-trust exemptions.

I'm not sure being appointed by the government would cut down any of the problems.

Definition of a lawyer.

My mistake. Thought I heard he was lawyer. Economics degree and former COO. Still...

Reading that he got his internship in the NFL by way of letter writing campaign to the league and the 28 teams (at the time)... must of been full of crap-like bs that a lawyer would spew.

Being the son of a senator didn't hurt his letter-writing campaign...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Definition of a lawyer.

Not sure what you guys think a commissioner should be.

More Kennedy, less Nixon when on TV.

Today was enough to put me over the edge. Can't do it anymore.

The brain injury epidemic remains the worse thing, and during today's Rams game we saw more of the NFL's utterly irresponsible and inept handling of it. From the absurd overprotection of certain players of certain positions on certain teams, to the utter disregard for the health of other players.

The officiating continues to call into question the integrity of the games with somewhere between horribly inept and horribly biased.

And for me personally, the Rams are a pathetic organization that I've supported for way too long. They don't, ultimately, bring me any joy. So why put myself through a guilty conscience out of some misguided sense of loyalty to them?

And then of course, there's the current NFL controversy that shows so many things that are wrong with the league.

All of it together means I'm out.

Your average American is going to be fired if he beats his wife or child. That's the difference.

I don't have stats to disprove this, but my gut feeling is to completely disagree. It's hard enough to fire someone for on-the-job performance here, let alone hold them accountable for conduct outside the workplace.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Today was enough to put me over the edge. Can't do it anymore.

The brain injury epidemic remains the worse thing, and during today's Rams game we saw more of the NFL's utterly irresponsible and inept handling of it. From the absurd overprotection of certain players of certain positions on certain teams, to the utter disregard for the health of other players.

The officiating continues to call into question the integrity of the games with somewhere between horribly inept and horribly biased.

And for me personally, the Rams are a pathetic organization that I've supported for way too long. They don't, ultimately, bring me any joy. So why put myself through a guilty conscience out of some misguided sense of loyalty to them?

And then of course, there's the current NFL controversy that shows so many things that are wrong with the league.

All of it together means I'm out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

So I read the ravens responses to the OTL thing. I tend to side with OTL, but would the ravens have the balls to lie at this point? If it's proven that they're lying, then they're just the scummiest of scum bags. How can fans support them if proof turns up that shows that the OTL was true? It could turn in to a shinn-type situation, except that the tickets are already sold, and they aren't moving to New Orleans any time soon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The conduct of the Ravens organization heretofore has been pretty ballsy. They've always been a little off. ESPN has no good reason to poison its most valuable business relationship by telling lies, and they especially wouldn't jeopardize the credibility of Outside the Lines, which has been kind of their on-air ombudsman for years, something to point to when people complain that what they do isn't journalism. I don't think you'll go broke betting the Ravens are scumbags.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Don't look now, but the recently-dead Rob Bironas reportedly tried to run - you guessed it - a woman off the road the night he was killed.

"He is dangerous, he is drunk or something. He tried to start a fight with us,'' the woman said. "My husband ran down there to see what is going on. I just want to tell the police there is something wrong with him. He is dangerous, he is drunk or he is on drugs. There is something wrong with him. He gave us a mean look. We don't even know him, and he tried to run us off the road."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/22/woman-says-rob-bironas-tried-run-road/16077271/

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived