The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The may not be mathematically eliminated, but the Sharks can only get to 93, they need to get to 95, the Sharks will not be in the Playoffs this year." While he's probably right - SHUT UP Bakes!

Just one more regular season game left at the Coliseum. After two and a half years, it's finally starting to sink in for me that the end is near. I'm gonna miss that asbestos-filled dump.

Bye bye Doug and Todd

Losing to a team that uses Mark Arcobello on their first line?

Where ever did Arco end up when we dumped him?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Just one more regular season game left at the Coliseum. After two and a half years, it's finally starting to sink in for me that the end is near. I'm gonna miss that asbestos-filled dump.

as much as I will miss it, it's for the best.

With the sun setting on the Nas, how many arenas used in NHL 95 for the Genesis are still being used?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sens can be in the playoffs again by Tuesday if:

Philadelphia beats Pittsburgh this afternoon

Ottawa beats Toronto tonight

Ottawa beats Pittsburgh on Tuesday

Leaving Ottawa in a playoff spot with 96 points, Pittsburgh in 9th with 95 points, and both teams having 2 games remaining. Boston would have 95 points with 3 games remaining, and if Detroit loses their next two against Carolina and Washington, they'd also be at 95 points but with 2 games remaining.

With the sun setting on the Nas, how many arenas used in NHL 95 for the Genesis are still being used?

Saddledome, United Center, Joe Louis Arena, Edmonton Coliseum, MSG, Shark Tank, Blues Arena. And that's probably it.

Saddledome, United Center, Joe Louis Arena, Edmonton Coliseum, MSG, Shark Tank, Blues Arena. And that's probably it.

The Palladium?

The Palladium?

That didn't open until 1996.

8, by my count: The Pond, the Saddledome, United Center, Joe Louis, Rexall Place, MSG, Scottrade Center, and SAP Center.

I've been watching the entire game of the Capitals/Red Wings game on NHLN and it's the Washington's CSN, and the announcers have mentioned what the caps need to clinch a playoff spot at least a thousand times. I know not everyone watches the entire game and they want to let people know what's going on, but it's kind of annoying. Good thing there isn't a drinking game overtime the announcers mentioned Capitals clinching scenarios.

or maybe it's the Capitals are just annoying. :)

The Blues strike me as such an anomaly. The franchise has been around nearly 50 years, went to the Finals three years in a row due to that expansion but could never win it and seems to be a forgotten franchise in the Midwest, despite going to the playoffs for years before missing a couple years not too long ago.

And yet, on this day when two St. Louis teams visit Chicago, the baseball team has a good amount of supporters scattered in the stands, while the hockey team has no blue in a see of red. Just strikes me as weird.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The Blues strikes me as such an anomaly. The franchise has been around nearly 50 years, went to the Finals three years in a row do to that expansion but could never win it and seems to be a forgotten franchise in the Midwest, despite going to the playoffs for years before missing a couple years not too long ago.

Thing is about the three finals in a row, the expansion teams were all put in one conference, and the original 6 in the other. That ensured that an underclassed new team would face an overpowered established team like the Habs or Bruins in the finals. It's not like they really had a chance at the cup.

Although, going all out with Gretzky and Hull and getting eliminated in the second round certainly mimics what you're saying.

Archived