The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

I wish the Rangers would clinch not existing anymore. Not even the members of Boyz II Men are that up their own ass about how great 1994 was.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucked yesterday, three/fourths of the Prudential Center were Ranger fans and they dont know how to :censored:ing drive. Took 45 minutes to get out of the arena area and it was all god damned Ranger fans :censored:ing up traffic. They cause two accidents bottlenecked streets, gridlock. One :censored: was taking up two lanes could not decide which way they were going. Another made a U turn and blocked a street for ten minutes. Nightmare.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'd suspect the West winner comes out of the Central and since St. Louis is just the San Jose of the Midwest and Nashville has yet to get past round two. They're also 4-3-3 in the last ten, which doesn't bode well for them.

As for the East, I have a feeling Tampa will be in the final four, probably against one of the Wild Card options. Would be cool to see the Islanders get in, but their goal differential is one of the lower ones in the conference and I suspect some of their luck has worn off.

SCREW THAT. San Jose is the St. Louis of the West. We've been at this choking thing much longer than them. Give credit where it's due, man.

I'd suspect the West winner comes out of the Central and since St. Louis is just the San Jose of the Midwest and Nashville has yet to get past round two. They're also 4-3-3 in the last ten, which doesn't bode well for them.

As for the East, I have a feeling Tampa will be in the final four, probably against one of the Wild Card options. Would be cool to see the Islanders get in, but their goal differential is one of the lower ones in the conference and I suspect some of their luck has worn off.

You never know. If Halak heats up, he could backstop the Isles pretty far.

sig.png

SCREW THAT. San Jose is the St. Louis of the West. We've been at this choking thing much longer than them. Give credit where it's due, man.

and longer too. The Blues made the playoffs something like 26 years in a row and never reached the finals. Hell, they only made it to the conference finals twice!

They're the bizzaro-Cardinals.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Regardless, the Kings will win it all next year because even years.

The SF Giants and Kings first championships were significant(1st in SF, 1st all time for the Kings), and never faced elimination in the playoffs.

Their 2nd title runs they survived several

elimination games on their run(6 for SF and 7 for the Kings), and had an easy time in the championship.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Mark Stone has become a strong favourite for a Calder Trophy nomination this year, and since the awards voted on by the PHWA, I'd be surprised if he isn't at least in serious contention to actually win it. He's at the moment having a better season that Alfredsson did.

Columbu5

Toront0

I borrowed that from twitter. Two games left, two games away from actual 500, and theyre against the Sabres and the slipping Islanders. I want 42 wins so bad. We can do this.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The way they looked tonight.... it's like Sunday was basically their championship game 7. They basically went all out that game, and had nothing tonight.

(Though, depending on if Montreal has a shot to overtake Tempa Bay for the division, they may go balls to the wall again Saturday)

Same thing with Edmonton- went all out against LA last night, won't have much against a Sharks team with zilch to play for, might go all out against Canucks if they have a shot at 2nd in the division

The Ducks are officially in April form!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Ducks are officially in April form!

Yep. They didn't have anything to play for. They were resting Getzlaf again. They hadn't played since another bad loss vs Colorado on Friday. And they played like all of that. Going through the motions not giving too much of a damn.

The positive is that the game didn't really mean anything. (First in the West could've been clinched, but meh.) But they've got exactly one week to get their asses in gear. Let's go.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So unfortunate the Jackets won't make it... Winners of 12 of their last 15 games, Most of which are playoff teams and a couple cup contenders. Next season is looking very bright after this season started so grim.

So unfortunate the Jackets won't make it... Winners of 12 of their last 15 games, Most of which are playoff teams and a couple cup contenders. Next season is looking very bright after this season started so grim.

As long as Bob can stay healthy.

Thing is, the Jackets SHOULD have been in the playoffs THIS season.
Health is always a key for any team, but man, did the Jackets take it on the chin with regards to injuries this season.
If I recall, I thought I heard someone say on some talk show that the Jackets set some sort of record for man-games lost in a season.
Ouch.
Columbus had been making steady progress towards being contenders after trading off Rick Nash and last season's playoff series against the Pens had many believing they were ready to take the next step this year, and BAM, down goes not only Bob, but pretty much the rest of the team.
Bobrovsky is the biggest piece, but he will need his regular forwards and D-men to be out there as well.
Columbus overall plays a heavy, tough checking style with opportunistic scoring...and that only works when you actually have the personnel to play that way.
Jackets have been somewhat healthy these last two weeks or so, and look at the damage they've done.
Too late to make the playoffs of course, but yea, with health, they will be, next season, where they probably should have been this year: In the post season making life miserable for the opposition.

Health is always a key for any team, but man, did the Jackets take it on the chin with regards to injuries this season.
If I recall, I thought I heard someone say on some talk show that the Jackets set some sort of record for man-games lost in a season.
Ouch.
Columbus had been making steady progress towards being contenders after trading off Rick Nash and last season's playoff series against the Pens had many believing they were ready to take the next step this year, and BAM, down goes not only Bob, but pretty much the rest of the team.
Bobrovsky is the biggest piece, but he will need his regular forwards and D-men to be out there as well.
Columbus overall plays a heavy, tough checking style with opportunistic scoring...and that only works when you actually have the personnel to play that way.
Jackets have been somewhat healthy these last two weeks or so, and look at the damage they've done.
Too late to make the playoffs of course, but yea, with health, they will be, next season, where they probably should have been this year: In the post season making life miserable for the opposition.

Last night, the total man games lost was at 499. Two games left and they'll eclipse the 500 mark with 4 players still out.

Ouch.

Last night, the total man games lost was at 499. Two games left and they'll eclipse the 500 mark with 4 players still out.

:jawdrop:

Archived