The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Teemu Pulkkinen on scoring his first NHL goal. The Wings are leading 1-0 as I type this.

Edit-And the Wild just tied the game. Damn me for jinxing it!

No other Teemus are allowed to rise to prominence.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE TEEMU!

(Or probably more, because I suspect half of Finland's babies born after 1992 were named Teemu.)

What if "Teemu" is a common boy name in Finland? Maybe it's the "Selanne" which propelled the former Duck to be the most famous "Teemu" of them all.

Between the kid's mom being Gretzky's daughter and the kid's dad doing a lot of cocaine, I'd say this baby is NHL-ready.

If it were conceived in Winnipeg during hockey season, I'd also go so far as to say it was almost guaranteed to be an Edmonton draft pick.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

San Jose "I hope all of your young players get hurt and render the benefits of this move moot."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So they'll be the San Jose... Sharks?

RIght. They have to call them something else. (And no, not the Jr. Sharks)

I propose San Jose Seals.

How about the Canyousees?

Ooh, ooh, how about the... um...

You know what, this is a stupid idea.

Call them the Black Knights and let them wear the stupid Seagate Black Armor jerseys.

How about the San Jose :censored:show? Because that's what it's going to be.

San Jose "I hope all of your young players get hurt and render the benefits of this move moot."

What about "San Jose Sharks 2: The Sequel." But unlike most sequels, the original sucked too much for the sequel to suck as much.

I'll only enjoy this move if all Sharks season ticket holders are forced to buy AHL season tickets at the list price.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It appears Bobrovsky is now hurt. Looks like they might still have a shot at McDavid after all.

Never fear, Curtis McElhinney to the resc... aww damnit, I can't even pretend on this one.

It appears Bobrovsky is now hurt. Looks like they might still have a shot at McDavid after all.

Never fear, Curtis McElhinney to the resc... aww damnit, I can't even pretend on this one.
I want Dansk to get the call-up. Forsberg had his time to shine. And maybe we get Eichel, so that when Milano plays next year, it'll be with his best bud.

That's what- She

How does a goalie even get into the All Star game with a 2.80 GAA and a .915 S% anyway? Even Ondrej Pavelec has looked more like an all star this year, and goalies playing really well this season like Holtby and Lundqvist got snubbed behind him as well.

Archived