The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Richards has been put on waivers.

Start of another trade-deadline pickup by Dean Lombardi?

Unless someone claims him on the way back up, doubtful. The Kings still have his cap hit on the books, and they reportedly were trying to trade him all weekend (with Toronto and Winnipeg in the mix) but nothing went through.

Any pick-up the Kings make will be much smaller than the previous Carter and Gaborik deals. If anything, they'll be able to get a third-pairing defenseman to try and shore up things as best they can back there, but that's minor.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Mike Richards has been put on waivers.

Start of another trade-deadline pickup by Dean Lombardi?

Unless someone claims him on the way back up, doubtful. The Kings still have his cap hit on the books, and they reportedly were trying to trade him all weekend (with Toronto and Winnipeg in the mix) but nothing went through.

Any pick-up the Kings make will be much smaller than the previous Carter and Gaborik deals. If anything, they'll be able to get a third-pairing defenseman to try and shore up things as best they can back there, but that's minor.

Re-entry waivers were removed with the last CBA, there are no longer waiver periods or claims when players go from AHL to NHL.

Wait, really? And I'm normally on top of that stuff.

Well then yeah, the Kings are just kinda boned here.

Yep, no re-entries. Allegedly the reasoning is it was screwing some of the older AHL/NHL tweeners. They either had to pick between a lower salary (and being below the amount required for re-entry waivers) or making more but being stuck in the AHL so they weren't claimed. Didn't work out well for teams needing a quick callup either as the player being recalled had to wait 24 hours before clearing.

As does the "NBC7 for the Winter Classic (usually)

I'm glad that's a thing because it's eroding hockey imo. Having to watch...lemme guess the 7... nothing but Bruins, Rangers, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Flyers, Penguins, & Capitals (did I get that right?) is soo stupid & boring.

They complain that Americans don't know their product... well, no siht sherlock, not when you show the same teams playing every other week all winter long.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Can someone explain how Ran Johansen won the ASG MVP when John Tavares scored four goals?

Its like the game gets more illegitimate each year especially this year with the high scoring no defense and no check.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Can someone explain how Ran Johansen won the ASG MVP when John Tavares scored four goals?

Hometown guy.

I personally would have given it to Jakub Voracek. Former Blue Jacket, plus I think he tied Mario Lemieux's single ASG points record.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Its like the game gets more illegitimate each year especially this year with the high scoring no defense and no check.

It's the All-Star Game. It means NOTHING, and only a complete goddamned buffoon would attempt to append some sort of legitimacy or consequence to such an exhibition.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And it was from twitter votes inside the arena, so of course Johansen was going to win it. And it wouldn't have been Tavares if legit anyway. Jakub Voracek tied Mario Lemieux's record for points in an ASG with six.

But yeah, its the ASG MVP. Quick, without looking it up, who won the MVP in the last NHL ASG? MLB ASG? NBA ASG? last year's Pro Bowl? It means less than nothing.

It was Mike Trout last year (even as an Angel fan, I didn't initially remember that) and, yes, Rivera the year before. Does that make you think any more or less of those two players? ...or of yourself?

And it was from twitter votes inside the arena, so of course Johansen was going to win it. And it wouldn't have been Tavares if legit anyway. Jakub Voracek tied Mario Lemieux's record for points in an ASG with six.

But yeah, its the ASG MVP. Quick, without looking it up, who won the MVP in the last NHL ASG? MLB ASG? NBA ASG? last year's Pro Bowl? It means less than nothing.

Admiral's favorite player won the All-Star MVP when the NHL held their festivities in Atlanta.....

Archived