crashcarson15

2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

Spain and Russia away uniforms:

I really like Russia. I think they should wear this as their home look (they wore white shirts, blue shorts and red socks during the 2006-2008 cycle at home).

ob_635f5e_espagne-maillot-exterieur-euroob_181258_euro-2016-maillot-russie.jpeg

Shaping up to be a pretty good looking tournament. Just one pet peeve: I don't like when the socks match or are close to the hue of the shorts but not the shirt -- looks imbalanced.

Spain and Russia away uniforms:

I really like Russia. I think they should wear this as their home look (they wore white shirts, blue shorts and red socks during the 2006-2008 cycle at home).

ob_635f5e_espagne-maillot-exterieur-euroob_181258_euro-2016-maillot-russie.jpeg

I hope some of the alternates have contrasting collar combinations. Both of these look pretty good though. I think Spain would be better served using the blue shorts or a pair of red shorts instead.

Shaping up to be a pretty good looking tournament. Just one pet peeve: I don't like when the socks match or are close to the hue of the shorts but not the shirt -- looks imbalanced.

I agree. Socks should either introduce a third color or match the shirt, not the shorts.

I agree. Socks should either introduce a third color or match the shirt, not the shorts.

I disagree. I dislike hard set rules like this. Take the USA for example. I think all of these are exceptional kits and some of the finest the US has ever worn (or not worn in the case of the centennial display- they never did wear that combo).

29-SPO-052806JT12.jpg

Us_soccer_team_1916.jpg

2k3acg.jpg

6a00e54eea3d1c883401761780d847970c-pi.jp

I agree to this in general. But there are definitely exceptions where it looks very good. I especially love white shirts paired with coloured shorts and socks.

4099644.jpg

Japan looks great, Spain looks great, Russia looks good (I think the sublimation detracts from both jerseys). And I actually love how the socks stripe separates the solid white from the solid white of the shorts while harkening to the jersey colors (although I still think the jersey could have been designed better). Some very solid work by Adidas.

No 3 stripes whatsoever on those shorts? That's a big departure for adidas, arguably bigger than moving the shoulder stripes to the sides.

No 3 stripes? It's nothing new. Look at adidas parma or striker shorts, many of lower class clubs use this designs

I disagree. I dislike hard set rules like this. Take the USA for example. I think all of these are exceptional kits and some of the finest the US has ever worn (or not worn in the case of the centennial display- they never did wear that combo).

29-SPO-052806JT12.jpg

See, I think the kids look so much better than the players in that photo. The balance is just better.

Germany away, it's actually growing on me. I'd rather buy this than the home shirt.

ob_0d2796_allemagne-maillot-euro-2016-fr

I really like it too, although it has a hint of WWII era Germany aesthetically. Maybe the color? Sharp though.

Japan:

ob_830534_nouveau-maillot-2016-japon.jpeob_df8e5a_japon-nouveaux-maillots-2016.j

Apparently the aways are using yellow numbers. That might be an issue.