2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I really dislike the Flyers' new red line. It works well for some logos (i.e. Tampa Bay's lightning bolt, maybe Canadiens logo), but not here. I'm not sure if they'll keep the rest of the red line white with the red logos, but if so, that makes it even worse in my opinion. I'll hold final judgment until I see it in action, but my first reaction is a thumbs down.

BxrTdS-IEAEh694.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/sbaickerCSN/status/511954008731566081/photo/1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I doubt the Flyers would ever render their logo in red

That's stupid. I haven't payed attention for a while, but whe I was a kid the Flyers had three red stripes for a red line, which (I think) was unique in the league. Could be mistaken about that though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

These red lines are getting too goddamn cute. Even in high definition, it's hard to make out these tiny little one-color renderings. God forbid the Hawks ever do it. What's so hard about three stripes, or a barberpole, or just one thick red line?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah I doubt the Flyers would ever render their logo in red

That's stupid. I haven't payed attention for a while, but whe I was a kid the Flyers had three red stripes for a red line, which (I think) was unique in the league. Could be mistaken about that though.

They still used the 3 red lines up to last season, with the exception of the 2006-2007 season when they did a checkered line pattern (I thought it looked terrible; didn't help that it was one of their worst seasons in history). Like you said, it's unique in the NHL and works great for the Flyers.

PHI+2014-2012.png

These red lines are getting too goddamn cute. Even in high definition, it's hard to make out these tiny little one-color renderings. God forbid the Hawks ever do it. What's so hard about three stripes, or a barberpole, or just one thick red line?

The argument to your argument would be: If you can't even see it, why does it matter what it is? That would also be my position.

Lightning Facebook just posted this with a caption "...are you ready?"

10659373_10152515613607819_2342362021198

Some of the comments are talking about it possibly referring to the new alt jersey. I know the pic is in black and white, but the shoulder stripes definitely make you wonder. I just went on their main website, and there's still nothing about the new alts, but there are photos of them practicing, and I'm almost 100% certain that Stamkos isn't wearing a practice jersey in this pic.

Teaser pic #2

10689988_10152530337627819_3550379977841

God, I hate those circle patch logos that half the league uses. Grrrrr.

SigReflect.png

According to what the Penguins have said, their new third jersey will be unveiled in a few days. Any news on that jersey yet?

Yeah I was thinking about that the past couple of days. I knew the preorder had started but I thought they were gonna unveil them sometime late last week. Guess we'll still have to wait a little longer

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Some of the comments are talking about it possibly referring to the new alt jersey. I know the pic is in black and white, but the shoulder stripes definitely make you wonder. I just went on their main website, and there's still nothing about the new alts, but there are photos of them practicing, and I'm almost 100% certain that Stamkos isn't wearing a practice jersey in this pic.

Teaser pic #2

I really hope that shoulder patch isn't solely black and white. Some silver encasing that bolt would go a long way.

They won't go silver. The whole goal of the current look was the "less is more" thing. They wanted something simple that could turn into something iconic, as the company line goes. Fan outrage over the lack of black, anywhere, was the only reason they "threw us a bone" and outlined the numbers. Adding a 4th color isn't going to happen.

SigReflect.png

10659373_10152515613607819_2342362021198

Teaser pic #2

Yea but as far as circle patch's go theirs is really well done, unlike the Stars for example.

According to what the Penguins have said, their new third jersey will be unveiled in a few days. Any news on that jersey yet?

Yeah I was thinking about that the past couple of days. I knew the preorder had started but I thought they were gonna unveil them sometime late last week. Guess we'll still have to wait a little longer

We won't be waiting much longer. In fact, the unveiling is less than 48 hours away!!! The new Penguins third jersey will be unveiled on Friday.

Yea but as far as circle patch's go theirs is really well done, unlike the Stars for example.

Bias aside, do you honestly believe the Lightning's uninspired roundel is better than the Stars lackluster effort?

92sHMZh.jpg

There's one point I'll give the Stars, they have enough faith in their target market to assume they'll know that the Dallas Stars are a hockey team.

5amlwx.jpg

Bias aside, do you honestly believe the Lightning's uninspired roundel is better than the Stars lackluster effort?

92sHMZh.jpg

There's one point I'll give the Stars, they have enough faith in their target market to assume they'll know that the Dallas Stars are a hockey team.

Absolutely, it's way better IMO. As for their target market, they didn't even average 15,000 per home game last year finishing 28th in the league. You went there not me.

Archived