2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea but as far as circle patch's go theirs is really well done, unlike the Stars for example.

Bias aside, do you honestly believe the Lightning's uninspired roundel is better than the Stars lackluster effort?

92sHMZh.jpg

There's one point I'll give the Stars, they have enough faith in their target market to assume they'll know that the Dallas Stars are a hockey team.

Absolutely, it's way better IMO. As for their target market, they didn't even average 15,000 per home game last year finishing 28th in the league. You went there not me.

I don't think it matters how many there are in this case...it's the faith the team puts in them.

It's not even "how knowledgeable those 15,000 are", because we don't know if the Stars are right in putting faith in their fans, but at least they put faith in their fans.

For all its detractors, I think Dallas has nailed its rebrand, and the proof is in little details like this.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It has nothing to do with not having faith in fans, it has to do with trying to be "olde timey" - and not doing it well. Tampa's whole uniform and logo set is atrocious, and "hockey club" is really dumb, but that's not the reason it's dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All roundel logos suck, with or without "hockey club".

Logos should be free and unchained. Not trapped inside a stupid ring with writing on it.

Take Minnesota. Despite the stupidest name in sports they have that wonderful bear head logo. What do they do on the red jersey? They shrink it down and hide it inside a thick ring with Minnesota Wild written around it, so from a distance you can barely see it since its overshadowed by the roundel.

Pffft!

The Catch of the Day!

Seeing the new MLS logo/shield makes me wish the NHL would colour their shield based on the team uniforms. I saw a set of concepts here that looked really good.

For that reason I always liked the old CCM jerseys coloured based on their team uniforms. It was a nice touch.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

as pathetic as the tampa secondary logo is, it is sadly closer to a solid primary logo than their actual primary logo is.

No question. The inner circle with the bolt on it's own would look pretty sharp on the front of jersey... That is if they insisted on just using Blue and White. Adding black and silver in the style of the first two primaries, however, would make it look fantastic.

Yea but as far as circle patch's go theirs is really well done, unlike the Stars for example.

Bias aside, do you honestly believe the Lightning's uninspired roundel is better than the Stars lackluster effort?

92sHMZh.jpg

There's one point I'll give the Stars, they have enough faith in their target market to assume they'll know that the Dallas Stars are a hockey team.

Absolutely, it's way better IMO. As for their target market, they didn't even average 15,000 per home game last year finishing 28th in the league. You went there not me.

Lol, someone seems a little upset to immediately go spouting attendance numbers.

5amlwx.jpg

I can't believe how many on here are clueless when it comes to design.

We're clueless for not liking what you like?

Not what i like, just a basic understanding of design principles. Perhaps i shouldn't have said anything at all. I wasn't referring to any particular person, it was just a passing thought. Anyway I'm not one for jumping on someones opinions and telling them their just plain wrong, like so many do.

"Tampa Bay Lightning" is radially arched while "Hockey Club" is vertically arched on two lines. How did a designer even make this?

I know right. It's as genius as the Hartford Whalers logo. P.S., I'm being 100% sarcastic when I say that. ;)

I can't believe how many on here are clueless when it comes to design.

We're clueless for not liking what you like?

Not what i like, just a basic understanding of design principles. Perhaps i shouldn't have said anything at all. I wasn't referring to any particular person, it was just a passing thought. Anyway I'm not one for jumping on someones opinions and telling them their just plain wrong, like so many do.

Tell us what those design principles are then that so many people allegedly don't understand. Instead of being obtuse and passive aggressive, just explain.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to unveil their new third jerseys today! While there's no way in hell that they're bringing back Robo Penguin, I'm still wearing my jersey nonetheless in anticipation of them bringing back the much superior shade of yellow to their color scheme.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Thank God.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived