2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the Ducks prospects didn't get the memo about the new jerseys. But it looks like they got the new pants and gloves though

DSC_0130_slide.jpg

At least we can still see that script logo one more time.

Black Shark helmets with the white unis? Flashback to Colorado's franchise opening game.

Though I think from way back when in 2003 from when the Flames updated their unis, the team didn't want the new jersey on the ice until the regular season home opener. That said, 10 years ago, there wasn't interest and thus pics of preseason rookie games. Preseason games, I think the Flames wore their whites that year.

They wore the black horsehead jersey in the preseason when a dark jersey was required.

I guess the Ducks prospects didn't get the memo about the new jerseys. But it looks like they got the new pants and gloves though

DSC_0130_slide.jpg

New pants?
Yeah, there's the Ducks logo on the right leg which wasn't there before, so I assume it's new.

Oh OK, I couldn't see it at first because the picture is so small on my phone, so I thought they were same pants they've worn since 2007, but now that you mention it I see it.

And at these rookie tournaments, they only bring one set of helmets to cut down on equipment.

Now the Ducks/Sharks are just playing two games in Anaheim (yesterday at the practice rink, today at the Pond), so I have no idea why they sent the Sharks rooks down with black helmets instead of white since I assume they'll wear white in both games. I can only guess that's just what they were practicing with in San Jose so they sent the black helmets instead of prepping two sets of helmets just for rookie camp.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Am I the only one who would like to see the Florida Panthers try a new color scheme, at least for a third jersey?

They tried that. It sucked.

That's very true. I would like to see them try again though, but, I sure as hell hope it wouldn't be a boring ripoff of another team like the Panthers did with their last third jersey. That was a Penguins ripoff.

Am I the only one who would like to see the Florida Panthers try a new color scheme, at least for a third jersey?

That's very true. I would like to see them try again though, but, I sure as hell hope it wouldn't be a boring ripoff of another team like the Panthers did with their last third jersey. That was a Penguins ripoff.

I was under the impression it was a move from upper management in an effort to secure sponsorship from JetBlue, albeit a move that failed to do so.

5amlwx.jpg

I was under the impression it was a move from upper management in an effort to secure sponsorship from JetBlue, albeit a move that failed to do so.

It was that too. :P

DSC_0130_slide.jpg

Black Shark helmets with the white unis? Flashback to Colorado's franchise opening game.

I don't hate the black helmet white jersey look for the Sharks.

Who humblebrags about meeting John Vanbiesbrouck?

I would..... But to my "humble friends"

When he was playing for the New York Rangers, I got an autograph from him. Him and Richter made the Rangers somewhat palatable for me. So I was quite happy about his success in Florida around 96.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The second generation logo is my favorite because of the silver. The crests featured a material I haven't seen on any other jersey that really made it pop out on both the black and white. The logo really loses a lot when it's displayed as gray instead of the textured silver.

The shimmering metallic silver used in the first two logos was the most distinctive aspect of the teams identity. Had they incorporated this into the new logo (with the necessary black outlines of course), I would have no problem with the 2011 rebrand, unoriginal striping or not. Ditching the unique scheme of black, blue and silver to play Maple Leafs dress up however was unforgivable.

Who humblebrags about meeting John Vanbiesbrouck?

I would..... But to my "humble friends"

When he was playing for the New York Rangers, I got an autograph from him. Him and Richter made the Rangers somewhat palatable for me. So I was quite happy about his success in Florida around 96.

My mom used to work at McCanns back in the 80's- she remembers Beezer from there as well. She still laughs about how her son became a goalie and a hockey fan because of a guy she met 5 years before I was born.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

mark+streit+flyers.jpg

EDIT: Apparently it's not, because the photos are over a year old. More here: http://www.eqimages.ch/CMDB/?action=301;query=portrait%20mark%20streit;num=50

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

USA Hockey unveiled the uniforms for the All-American Prospects Game. They're the Flames' template with CCM branding.

https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/511951092645494784

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived