2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly how a team called the Pittsburgh Penguins should look. Pittsburgh is black and yellow. Penguins are black and white. The golden triangle represents the confluence of Pittsburgh's three rivers. The penguin represents a penguin. Put it all together and there you have it. Let this be the tipping point for banishing beige forever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like it.

Hopefully this end up being like the Oilers.

Sodboy tweeted a 3 year plan for his prediction, which sounds about right. There's no reason for the Vegas gold ugly filth to exist anymore. Let this baby dominate.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There you go. Wear that forever. Make a corresponding white version (while fixing the damn hem stripe inconsistency that bothered me way back when) and you have your uniform.

They will sell millions of these things. Penguins fans were so desperate for a uniform that didn't suck that they've already been buying throwbacks of this and the terrible, but still better than their edge jerseys, baby blues for years.

Can't wait to see hundreds upon hundreds of obvious counterfeits in Nationwide Arena next year. That fanbase loves their counterfeits.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Meh. I'm not a fan of teams bringing back old jerseys and making them new again. That jersey should stay in the late 80's/early 90's. Back in the pre-Internet days, when people watched VCR's, had no High-Definition TV, paid for Entertainment instead of downloading it for free, actually read newspapers and other printed mediums, had no CGI in movies but practical effects, and played video games that had 16 bits of cartridge technology.

The Catch of the Day!

UNPOPULAR OPINION: These are fine as a throwback alt but too dated to become a primary jersey. Love the colors but the striping would need updating.

You're right. You're not modern and chic until you look like the current Calgary Flames.
There is a middle ground, a concept that seems to be above you or one you choose to ignore.

The Flames' uniforms are a mess now. These are OK, just way too striped. Modernize these a little bit and go forward.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: These are fine as a throwback alt but too dated to become a primary jersey. Love the colors but the striping would need updating.

I disagree. I used to think the same thing about the Oilers, but I think bold striping and bright colors are working again in sports. These aren't suits in business meetings. They're sports uniforms.

Piping sucks. LET THEM HAVE STRIPES

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived