2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The Ducks could very easily win the cup this year so I would keep your words soft and sweet...

As for the Sharks finally reverting back to teal in the playoffs (should they make it), thank god! I wish they'd take it a step further and trash those hideous "black armour" jerseys for good. The Sharks have never looked good in black.

The entire western conference could very easily win the cup this year. Anaheim's inexperienced goaltending situation could potentially go down the tubes fast this season with a total of just 31 games between them.

Well... Except for Edmonton or Calgary

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ducks could very easily win the cup this year so I would keep your words soft and sweet...

As for the Sharks finally reverting back to teal in the playoffs (should they make it), thank god! I wish they'd take it a step further and trash those hideous "black armour" jerseys for good. The Sharks have never looked good in black.

The entire western conference could very easily win the cup this year. Anaheim's inexperienced goaltending situation could potentially go down the tubes fast this season with a total of just 31 games between them.

Well... Except for Edmonton or Calgary...

...or Winnipeg, or Nashville, or Arizona.

To answer another question, the new Lightning jersey will say BOLTS unfortunately. I've seen the completed art, it will be universally panned for being exceedingly bland. Unless something translates a lot better in real life than on paper it's fairly bland.

If that is the case, it will fit in well with the primary set.

Unlike a stick in a rectangle...

A stick and rink making 'C' is practically genius compared to a generic, clip art, bolt in a circle. I was more referring to the unoriginal colour scheme and striping. Though I'm sure Stamkos will win them a cup in that look, ensuring it isn't going anywhere *sigh*

Um it doesn't even form a C whatsoever...sure they SAY it does, but it doesn't even come close to looking like it. At least the Lightning's terrible logo has some design to it, I could make the Canucks stick-in-rink logo in Paint in 15 seconds. But yeah the color and striping are about as generic as it gets.

Can't wait to see the Coyotes wear one of the greatest hockey uniforms ever this year. Not only is the striping genius and the color scheme unique and distinctive, but I even love the much maligned logo of that set, it was creative to use a Native American style art style instead of a generic coyote (which they use now...)

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

To answer another question, the new Lightning jersey will say BOLTS unfortunately. I've seen the completed art, it will be universally panned for being exceedingly bland. Unless something translates a lot better in real life than on paper it's fairly bland.

If that is the case, it will fit in well with the primary set.
Unlike a stick in a rectangle...

A stick and rink making 'C' is practically genius compared to a generic, clip art, bolt in a circle. I was more referring to the unoriginal colour scheme and striping. Though I'm sure Stamkos will win them a cup in that look, ensuring it isn't going anywhere *sigh*

Um it doesn't even form a C whatsoever...sure they SAY it does, but it doesn't even come close to looking like it. At least the Lightning's terrible logo has some design to it, I could make the Canucks stick-in-rink logo in Paint in 15 seconds. But yeah the color and striping are about as generic as it gets.

Can't wait to see the Coyotes wear one of the greatest hockey uniforms ever this year. Not only is the striping genius and the color scheme unique and distinctive, but I even love the much maligned logo of that set, it was creative to use a Native American style art style instead of a generic coyote (which they use now...)

If by design you mean a lightning bolt and a skewed circle than ya i guess that's design by you logic. The stick in rink logo is much better because it actually takes elements and uses them creatively to create a logo.

I wish they'd put the Peyote Coyote from their old green thirds and made that the logo. The 'yote with the hockey stick logo made the already busy uniform busier.

Seeing the Yotes in green will be even better.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

...and Vancouver doesn't look too hot.

Edit: guess we have our playoff bracket filled out for the West, then.

Um it doesn't even form a C whatsoever...sure they SAY it does, but it doesn't even come close to looking like it.

Uh, yes it does. Allow me to demonstrate with an image I used the last time someone made this point:

VancouverCanucksShoulderPatch_zps19ec94f

That's a C.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Um it doesn't even form a C whatsoever...sure they SAY it does, but it doesn't even come close to looking like it.

Uh, yes it does. Allow me to demonstrate with an image I used the last time someone made this point:

That's a C.

Thank you!

#RemeberColorado. Anything is possible with the West these days.

(I'ma say it right now, Nashville is my dark-horse pick)

#RemeberColorado. Anything is possible with the West these days.

(I'ma say it right now, Nashville is my dark-horse pick)

Nashville could be interesting, I'll give you that. I'll be shocked if any of those other five teams make the playoffs, though.

Uh, yes it does. Allow me to demonstrate with an image I used the last time someone made this point:VancouverCanucksShoulderPatch_zps19ec94f

That's a C.

Thank you!

It might look like a C if the colours on the inside and outside of the white line were the same, but if you make it blue on the inside and green on the outside, it draws a lot of focus away from the "C". Plus, that's an addition to the new logo, not the old, so a lot of people when they think of the logo, their mind goes to the old one which didn't have the C.

I'd say it has the potential to look like a C, but if it came up as a concept on the boards no one would be defending that it did.

That's a C.

That's just the Uber logo inverted 90° counterclockwise.

UBER.png

Lightning Facebook just posted this with a caption "...are you ready?"

10659373_10152515613607819_2342362021198

Some of the comments are talking about it possibly referring to the new alt jersey. I know the pic is in black and white, but the shoulder stripes definitely make you wonder. I just went on their main website, and there's still nothing about the new alts, but there are photos of them practicing, and I'm almost 100% certain that Stamkos isn't wearing a practice jersey in this pic.

Some things to be gleaned from that picture:

Definitely looks like a preview of new jersey. Don't think practice jersey would have captain's "c" on it. And even if it were a black and white photo of the blue unis, I don't think it would be that dark.

The shoulder striping seems to be peaking out from under the sleeve on the right, too.

No laces, which would work with rumor that they look similar to former thirds.

That's a C.

"C" or no "C", it's still an incredibly lazy design.

Archived