2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I know it seems we've moved past the Blues jerseys and whatnot but comparing them to the previous jerseys I can't help but to notice the royal on the new jerseys is slightly lighter. Am I crazy or did they lighten the royal? Colorwerx, if you're around, do you have the official color specifications yet?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of the Blues, has anyone else noticed the very thin yellow line between the navy shoulder and blue jersey??? Just terrible....

bluesoshie.png

I think I see what you're talking about. It just looks like stitching to me.
That it is. Some other teams have it noticeable as well (though I swear it's usually more noticeable):

patrice_bergeron.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The late 90s black alternate was a great jersey but it never should have taken the place of the orange.

Was it really though? To me it seemed like a lazy recolour on an outdated 80's design. A primarily black logo on a black jersey is never a good idea and when your primary colour is orange, it's never wise to demote it to tertiary status. Those jerseys looked Black and White on Television.

What's so outdated about that design? There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, the jerseys the Flyers wore with that design actually don't look too bad.

Pretty sure I've said it already, but I'd try to find a medium between the current throwbacks and the classic '80s-2007 Flyers design. Keep the shoulders trimmed in black, but maybe just scale them back a little so that there's more base color, yet not so much that the numbers don't fit like they don't fit now. Lose the orange/white hem stripe and just have the thin black stripe at the very bottom. And white nameplates on orange, of course. And that distinctive chunky lettering on the nameplates, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Haseks' pads looked pretty badass back in the 90s.

RZBiCRm.jpg

Something about that simple, caged mask made Hasek appear more of a badass.

Those are definitely my favorite pads of his. Sometime after the Cup Finals, he switched to more modern looking TPS pads and they just weren't the same. Also, the less decoration on his mask, the better. Normal goalie masks look weird blank; his looked weird when it wasn't. By the end of his career, he had full-on paint jobs.

hasek.jpg

Those things were really unsafe. There's a reason you don't see them any more.

Tim Thomas broke out a similar style during his short tenure with Florida. Of course, Tim Thomas has never been a great example of a person who uses common sense.

timmy.jpeg

I really enjoyed seeing this type of helmet back in the league, even if only for a short period.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Nah. Thomas' was particularly goofy with the stiff throat protector.

And the combination of him with that helmet in a Dallas Stars jersey with Florida Panthers pads was something other-worldly.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The Kings will wear yellow throwbacks on February 12 vs. Calgary, February 24 vs. Detroit, and March 7 vs. Pittsburgh.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Nah. Thomas' was particularly goofy with the stiff throat protector.

And the combination of him with that helmet in a Dallas Stars jersey with Florida Panthers pads was something other-worldly.

Imago_Tim-Thomas_Dallas-Stars_UUSI.jpg

I had completely forgotten that Thomas as a Star was a thing.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Kings will wear yellow throwbacks on February 12 vs. Calgary, February 24 vs. Detroit, and March 7 vs. Pittsburgh.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like I'll be the one to break the ice. Mark your calendars for September 19th. That's the day the Penguins are unveiling their new third jersey. According to Icethetics, the rumour is that the jersey will be based off the Golden Yellow version of the 91/92 jerseys that they wore in the mid-80's, back when rock'n'roll was awesome. It sounds like the NHL will be a lot more "Golden" this season and it's very nice to see in my opinion. I would prefer the black jersey from that era but you know what, I have a feeling this third jersey will end up being a really nice jersey too.

Archived