Nike Or Adidas?

JDK101

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only sport that I care about is football and Nike wins that by a landslide. As far as other sports, I prefer Nike basketball uniforms over any crap that Adidas has ever put out....look at the Baylor Bears a few years ago and you can see that Adidas fails at everything they do.

spacer.png

In all seriousness...

Nike wins in soccer and it's not even close.

Football? All Reebok. Nike's sweat boxes and giant collars do nothing for me. Nike can re-enter the conversation when they figure out how to properly replicate a single shade of green over a single jersey.

Hockey is close. I would have said Nike back in 2010, when they seemed to perfect their hockey template. Then 2014 rolled around and they began obsessing over weird colours with faux laces and strange materials. Almost like they let their football design monkeys design hockey uniforms. It's all Reekbok/CCM now that the more egregious aspects of the EDGE sweaters have been scaled back or eliminated.

In all seriousness...

Football? All Reebok. Nike's sweat boxes and giant collars do nothing for me. Nike can re-enter the conversation when they figure out how to properly replicate a single shade of green over a single jersey.

Hockey is close. I would have said Nike back in 2010, when they seemed to perfect their hockey template. Then 2014 rolled around and they began obsessing over weird colours with faux laces and strange materials. Almost like they let their football design monkeys design hockey uniforms. It's all Reekbok/CCM now that the more egregious aspects of the EDGE sweaters have been scaled back or eliminated.

I agree that Reebok was the king of NFL uniforms, but since they are not around anymore we are stuck with the hideous sweat boxes. But I will say that Under Armor is doing a better job as of late than Nike and will always be better than the tire-tread jerseys of Adidas.

spacer.png

Are we talking aesthetics or functionality/durability? If it's the latter: I've been pretty loyal to Nike's basketball shoes for some time now. I find Zoom Air and Max Air to be better cushioning solutions for me han Adidas' Adiprene. However, this may change over time, seeing as I don't like Nike's Lunar Foam, and I haven't tried Adidas' Boost cushioning. As for apparel: I'm fine with both. Nike's Dri-Fit performs comparably to Adidas' Climalite/climacool/whatever. I think Under Amour is up there as well, of course.

In terms of aesthetics: I hate Adidas' tendency to mark their on-field/on-court/on-pitch gear with the three stripes whenever possible -- even when it doesn't fit the rest of the design. e.g.,

adidas-2013-nba-all-star-uniforms-03.jpg

tmac-all-star-2008-jersey.jpg

Nike designs often miss the mark as well -- especially in football (college and pro). But they've had some spectacular successes. I can't think of a single Adidas-designed uni in any sport that isn't classic, inherited, or retro that I love.

Adidas! It's iconic, time tested, and appeals to my German heritage. I hate how Nike has to put their swoosh on everything and they used child labour sweatshops to produce their shoes.

I will say they Nike has a better art and design division than Adidas as far as graphics and logos.

Adidas! It's iconic, time tested, and appeals to my German heritage. I hate how Nike has to put their swoosh on everything and they used child labour sweatshops to produce their shoes.

I will say they Nike has a better art and design division than Adidas as far as graphics and logos.

You're kidding right? One Nike Swoosh on a shirt beats the Adidas logo + 3 Stripes.

You hate the swoosh? What, does Adidas not put on both the logo and the triple stripe on everything they make?

Reebok is great for hockey, but terrible for football. It was a great thing that the NFL switched to Nike. How many teams use reebok in ncaa football? None. How many use Nike? Over 80. Ever wondered why that is, because Nike is the best at making football uniforms. The only league I know that uses reebok for football is the cfl. The materials that reebok uses is dated and much heavier than Nike. Nike, under armour, Adidas all use the same style of material and they all look better and feel better than reebok

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Nike by far. In basketball they blow them out of the water, and american football isn't much of a contest either. Soccer is actually fairly close, with I think adidas having the edge in equipment, but Nike winning in uniforms. I can't speak for hockey, though.

spacer.png

How many teams use reebok in ncaa football? None. How many use Nike? Over 80. Ever wondered why that is, because Nike is the best at making football uniforms.

Frank-Underwood-Eye-roll-GIF.gif

Have YOU ever wondered why that is?

How many teams use reebok in ncaa football? None. How many use Nike? Over 80. Ever wondered why that is, because Nike is the best at making football uniforms.

No, that's because Adidas owns Reebok and uses Adidas branding for all of their football teams.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Adidas boost cushioning is like walking on marshmallows in heaven.. they are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.. as for uniforms, Adidas shock web techfit (tire tread) is not nearly as bad as everyone on this board makes it out to be.. sometimes they overdo it with the glossy look like wanna-be Oregon wings (Louisville's black jerseys), but in general I don't notice it. It's not meant to be a pattern or a design element.. It's supposed to act like super-large-porthole mesh, with thinner, more comfortable compression material filling the holes.. It's just a current technology that may not be ideal, but isn't the huge eyesore it gets treated like.. Nike is just a guilty of producing bad panels on jerseys with their sweat boxes and pit stains, so I'll take either and be ok with it.

As far as fit, function, and innovation, it's Nike by a country mile, but I will give Adidas credit for stepping things up recently, and Adidas has always had a massive lead over Nike in the wrestling market (which is my main concern as a college wrestler and coach), but that's because Nike doesn't innovate in wrestlinglike they do in football and Adidas puts a lot of energy into wrestling.

Mainly, I just wish they'd standardize sizing.. I wear a 10.5 in Adidas and 11.5 in Nike.. so annoying

In all seriousness...

I agree that Reebok was the king of NFL uniforms, but since they are not around anymore we are stuck with the hideous sweat boxes. But I will say that Under Armor is doing a better job as of late than Nike and will always be better than the tire-tread jerseys of Adidas.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN REEBOK COME BACK TO THE NFL!

Archived