2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why the Oilers needed different gloves/pants for the alternate uni. Looks awesome though.

Because it's full out throwback. It wouldn't have mattered much, but...
Yea but the Alberta Oilers throwbacks they're modeled after had the same pants/gloves are the current Oilers uniforms anyway.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Blue Jackets do another one, this one shows they're not all going to be mascot vs mascot

12108192_10153293103023918_6354603707952

And I love that Lightning jersey concept. It's the perfect way to update the originals...it actually makes sense for that team, not so much for Colorado.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

ducksthird1_zpst5bho8wv.jpg

Looks fantastic. Easily the best use of the colour scheme to date. Now, I think it would also have looked great with the D logo on the front, but I've always preferred the duck mask anyway so having the stronger logo on the front makes it even better :D

Sock stripes are exactly the same as the home uniform, which I suspected would be the case when this leaked as they're identical to the sleeve stripes on this jersey. They give this one an overall more balanced look, which is great.

A shame they lost in a lopsided shutout, very much like the last third. That's not how you market these things, Ducks.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Looks fantastic.

It certainly does except for one thing.

That stupid Disney logo on the front!!

From a distance the team looked so bad-ass. Once the cameras zoomed in on that Disney crest, they lost all credibility. They went from looking like an actual professional men's hockey team to Disney on Ice for kids.

Everytime I see that 1990's cartoon I think of these rug rats with Emilio Estevez beaming proudly.

mighty-ducks_635x250_1379682245.jpg

You put the "D" on the front the Ducks look like a mens hockey team. You put that cartoon on the front, they look a Disney product.

And Emilio Estevez would approve!!

Scanned%201993%20Winter.JPG

The Catch of the Day!

habsfan had the original idea... It could work...

TBL_zpsnspyxpl9.png

That is the best Lightning jersey I have ever seen, and exactly what they should be wearing. Frankly I'm astounded how the dismal 2011 rebrand has suddenly become so accepted. Is it because they've won a few playoff series last season? How anyone can accept the current blandness while concepts like this exist is beyond comprehension.

I can't seem to find any pictures anywhere that shows the back of the jersey in focus, particularly the nameplates. The numbers are black outlined in white and gold, but are the letters as well? No picture I've seen can confirm that.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I can't seem to find any pictures anywhere that shows the back of the jersey in focus, particularly the nameplates. The numbers are black outlined in white and gold, but are the letters as well? No picture I've seen can confirm that.

9ECEEF3C-931C-4C9F-9B7D-4AD8C67DAECA.png

But you are dead wrong on the logo. Great logo and needs to be featured more, not less.

No I'm dead right. The webbed "D" logo gives them a classier more mature look. That Mighty Ducks logo is a Disney cartoon that looks like something you would see on a pee-wee hockey team.

Sorry, dead wrong. The webbed 'D' is a secondary logo at best... The Duck Mask is a classic, and recolouring it in the current palette, eliminates any Disney connotation.

I like the Duck Mask, but recoloring it doesn't eliminate the Disney connotation. The logo the team used while owned by Disney will always have a Disney connotation, no matter how you color it.

When I see this photo, I don't think "Oh, is that a brand new logo???" It's clearly a link to the past, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9ECEEF3C-931C-4C9F-9B7D-4AD8C67DAECA.png

Yeah, already saw that picture. It didn't help; can't really tell if there is a gold outline on the letters or not.

champssig2.png

Oh my god. Octopus... Man, get the :censored: over it. We get it. You don't like the logo. But holy :censored: , every time it comes up you go above and beyond someone simply disliking a logo. Why do you hate it so much? Like I mean, I think we've all seen plenty of times why you hate it, but why do you hate it?

---

Anyways.

Third jersey is absolutely gorgeous. Pretty sure I'm opening my wallet when I go on Sunday. I need it and all accompanying merchandise in my life. Orange. Mighty. Yes.

Now if the team could just look as good as the jersey does, we'd be set.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, already saw that picture. It didn't help; can't really tell if there is a gold outline on the letters or not.

The gold outline is there, but the white line is thicker and the gold kind of blends into the orange.It's basically the old white jersey lettering. I think.

Oh my god. Octopus... Man, get the :censored: over it. We get it. You don't like the logo. But holy :censored: , every time it comes up you go above and beyond someone simply disliking a logo. Why do you hate it so much? Like I mean, I think we've all seen plenty of times why you hate it, but why do you hate it?

I suspect that he had a traumatic run-in with this horrifying sea monster in his youth:

rubberduckzilla_zpswd2izefr.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I've come around on the Mighty Ducks' logo. Partially because I think it looks sharp in the current colour scheme. I wouldn't even mind a return to jade and eggplant though. The only part of the Ducks' initial identity I still really oppose is the "Mighty Ducks" moniker. "Anaheim Ducks" works just fine. The "Mighty Ducks" name was the step too far.

I just want to get that out of the way so that people realise I'm not trying to pick on the duckmask logo in and of itself.

The joke is, it's not even really that cartoony... At least comparatively speaking to the other logos of the era.

Pardon? They literally built a cartoon around it!

Again, the logo's fine. Let's not pretend it's something it's not though. That's clearly an old school goalie mask in the style of a Disney-branded cartoon duck.

As for the other logos of its era? What logo introduced around the same time is more cartoony? The Panthers'? The Sharks'? The Senators'? Sorry, I'm not seeing an early/mid 90s NHL logo that's more of a cartoon then a logo that's modledded after one of the most well-known cartoon characters of all time.

What makes great is the symmetry and how all the elements seamlessly fit together.

The elements are all separate to some degree. It's a cartoon duck mask. On top of a circle, on top of two crossed hockey sticks, on top of a triangle.

It's actually pretty standard 90s fair. Something representing the team's namesake in front of a framing shape with something indicating the sport. Sharks' logo, Islanders' fisherman, Avs' logo. Just to name a few. Not saying that makes it bad. It's one of the best from that era of design, and certainly still works today. Again though. Let's not make it into something it's not.

As for the 'Webbed D,' what's great about it? It's awkwardly shaped, has too many outlines, doesn't depict a duck, and is basically an amputation of a generic word mark.

A generic wordmark? You mean this one?

070913niedermayer_zpsbk8iwy0j.jpg

Doesn't your preference for the Mighty Ducks' logo mean you want to erase this from history? ;):P:upside:

The NHL shop online doesn't show a gold outline on the letters of the third jersey.

I managed to snag this screencap from the highlights. Doesn't look like there's gold. Just a very thick white outline.

getzlaf.png

champssig2.png

The NHL shop online doesn't show a gold outline on the letters of the third jersey.

I managed to snag this screencap from the highlights. Doesn't look like there's gold. Just a very thick white outline.

getzlaf.png

How many jerseys have 3-color names these days? Full disclosure: I haven't checked the mothership yet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived