2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that and the fact that both the Perds' logo and the Yellow Ranger's zord are a sabre-toothed tiger. You must admit it does invite the comparison.

I think Trini died in a car accident but shortly after 9/11 so that no one noticed :(

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That mockup looks amazing. Maybe adding their number font in white with a burgundy outline for the sleeve numbers?

DM0zPRn.png

Call me crazy, but I think outlining the numbers in silver would be a nice subtle way to incorporate that color a little more without diverting too much from the "simple yet bold" thing they're going for

VhI6MQn.png

As long as we're trying things, I think outlining the numbers and the logo in silver are the way to go. I don't mean adding another outline, just making the existing white outline into silver. If they did that I wouldn't fault them at all. But don't let the burgundy become red.

These are very, very bad and a major downgrade from navy:

974Dp0d.jpg

I like the look. About time someone owned yellow in the NHL after the Canucks and Pens discarded it.

I also like the helmet color matching the jerseys and not the shorts occasionally.

It's astounding how much better that generic template looks with the teams actual logos in place. It's not an improvement over the mountain range jerseys, but as an alternate, it would work perfectly. As far as your recent updates are concerned, the silver lined numbers are the way to go.

Call me crazy, but I think outlining the numbers in silver would be a nice subtle way to incorporate that color a little more without diverting too much from the "simple yet bold" thing they're going for

VhI6MQn.png

Love it. Make a white version and call it a rebrand! I'd buy them.

If the Avs insist on the Rockies-esque "C" logo, what would it look like as the captain's "C" (like the Flames' approach with the Atlanta "A" for the alternate captains)?

I think with a design like the above that could work decently, depending on how much it stands out

After getting a glimpse of Nashville's new yellow helmet, I think that it is quite nice. I find people always seem to complain about anything uniform-related that's yellow in hockey. I like it, I think it is nice to see the NHL's only full time yellow jersey wearing team to finally have a yellow helmet. I do agree with those who prefer the navy blue helmet but as a second helmet that's only being used for about ten games this season, I think it's a nice change. I have to say though, Nashville seems to be one of those teams that really doesn't get a lot of attention on here but I really do not like their uniforms at all. I really like seeing a team with a yellow jersey that's used frequently and the yellow home jersey has made Nashville unique, however, I wish they would have stuck with the navy blue third they had before. That jersey was really nice.

I like the switch to yellow helmets, but I didn't have anything against the blue.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and (nearly) all are valid, but the argument against Nashville's yellow jerseys isn't something I'm hearing from the fans of the team. If a team isn't considering the opinion of the fans with more weight than that of outsiders, they're fools. Nashville has built a strong identity around the gold that the fans are on board with. In what is largely considered the smallest fanbase in the NHL (in a city most thought would fail), but has held its own (when metro areas nearly three times the size have failed)...that counts for something.

Is the gold light for a home jersey? Yes (though I would argue not TOO light) Do I think the jersey might benefit from some refining? Yes (though not overhaul, I do like the gold). It gives the team a unique identity in the league. I'm not wholly opposed to going to navy for home (though I would consider it unfortunate), but only as long as gold remains a strong part of the home identity and only if the gold became the away.

I really like the blue alternates, I would love to see an updated reintroduction of them, especially since there is no navy jersey.

Going to yellow as their main color was the best thing the preds did from a uniform standpoint. They stand out from everyone else in the league, enough blue teams already.

I agree. The current set is considerably better (and focused), compared to what the team had before.

I totally agree about Nashville and their golden yellow jersey. It has been well received by their fans and it is unique. About that navy blue jersey I would like to see return, I would have made it the home jersey with a gold away and a white alternate, and then, if they made the playoffs, I would have them wear white on the road and their yellow jersey at home, but that's just me.

I agree with everyone who says it was a smart decision by Nashville to adopt yellow and make it their colour. However, the yellow helmet does not look good. And the thing they need to change the most, (the strings down the side) they don't and instead by adding the yellow stripe on the pants and flipping the colours on the white socks, downgrade the look.

How about they revolve around the new alternate? It's simpler and fans will (hopefully) appreciate again their unis. Say goodbye to light blue and grey and say hello to navy blue and more white.

R8pLAMD.jpg

52AvzsC.jpg

u0vbkCK.jpg

EDIT: Yes, them watermarks.

The three stripes plus the full adidas logo is a little redundant.

And the yeti feet are facing the wrong direction.

Not bad though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How about they revolve around the new alternate? It's simpler and fans will (hopefully) appreciate again their unis. Say goodbye to light blue and grey and say hello to navy blue and more white.

R8pLAMD.jpg

52AvzsC.jpg

u0vbkCK.jpg

EDIT: Yes, them watermarks.

I don't think this jersey style works well with a burgundy jersey. I think the blue fits it much better.

Archived