Worst current on-field hats in MLB

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland's "C" caps also get my vote. It's dreadfully plain, and even if it's trying to evoke an image of some old-time baseball styles, it just doesn't work. The reverse alternate red with blue C in particular looks terrible in my opinion. Some logo or stylized C at all would improve the look, because I love everything about the red-cap alternate uniforms they wear except for the block C.

ICXC NIKA

No argument from me that the Indians' red Block C is an eyesore. But while its navy counterpart isn't beloved on this site, it's actually very popular here in Cleveland. I see way more of the navy Block C hats than Wahoo hats around town these days. The Block C has received a much better reception than the ill-fated Script I hat a few years ago.

That makes me really happy.

pMLB2-3536746reg.jpg

In my opinion the Diamondbacks "A" logo is pretty good, yet they rarely use it in favor of the "D" snake logo that I haven't liked since it was used in the purple and teal days. I think a reverse color scheme from the black "A" hat would look good on the red, or make the black hat the primary and pair the red hat with the red alts only.

Those early 80s era caps with outline were dreadful too.

DSC_0284.JPG

I would actually love for that to be the home cap (with an all-navy for the road).

Yeah, compared to the current "C" caps they look respectable. If they ever eliminate the chief completely, this should be the home cap.

Those early 80s era caps with outline were dreadful too.

DSC_0284.JPG

I would actually love for that to be the home cap (with an all-navy for the road).

Yeah, compared to the current "C" caps they look respectable. If they ever eliminate the chief completely, this should be the home cap.

Same here. It's probably the best the Indians have ever had, although I have a soft spot for the circa 1975 models.

Archived