2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that Lincecum's 2015 season, and maybe his time in the MLB, is over:

http://www.cbssports.co...surgery-an-option

I can't say I'm surprised that he developed the degenerative hip condition, especially given his pitching movement and decline over the years. His contract is over after this year, and I don't think any team will be willing to sign him. A shame to see him fall in the way he did, given how he helped lead the Giants' resurgence and helped to usher in what is arguably a golden age of Giants baseball. I'll miss the guy.

If he's healthy, or at least medically cleared, someone will sign him for sure. He's not getting three years and $45 million, but he's still valuable. Even with health concerns and his past dominance long gone, he's still valuable if he can start around 30 games and give an ERA in the low/mid 4's. There are lots of teams with huge holes at the back ends of their rotation. He'll probably get at least five mil next year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It seems that Lincecum's 2015 season, and maybe his time in the MLB, is over:

http://www.cbssports.co...surgery-an-option

I can't say I'm surprised that he developed the degenerative hip condition, especially given his pitching movement and decline over the years. His contract is over after this year, and I don't think any team will be willing to sign him. A shame to see him fall in the way he did, given how he helped lead the Giants' resurgence and helped to usher in what is arguably a golden age of Giants baseball. I'll miss the guy.

3 rings ain't bad, no matter what roles he danced around.

I remember back in the Riccardi Jays era, 2008 off season, an Alex Rios for Lincecum straight up winter deal nearly came to pass, only to have Sabean (luckily for SF's sake) nix it. Giants were looking for another athletic bat with potential.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I don't mind seeing guys play past their prime. But when its a case where they could be permantly harming their bodies, its a different story.

I'll be rooting for Lincecum if he keeps playing. I don't think anyone doesen't want to see him do well. But I'll be happier when he calls it a quits. Given the amount of money he made and his legacy, he should have a good retirement.

I saw everyone was calling it the "Schwarber Game" and I thought that was a bit much, but then CSN Chicago put up a stat that only Sandberg, Dawson and Sosa had hit two game-tying or go-ahead homers in the 9th or later in Cubs history.

Of course, the first one was the "Sandberg Game" on June 23, 1984... a Saturday afternoon NBC game of the week against the Cardinals.

So I thought it might be premature, but given the context and rarity I guess it fits. But for a guy who has 8 career starts to have THE game...

It looked the Padres cried after Hector Sanchez's bat flip after a grand slam and the pitcher Thayer threw gum at him. Later after a fly out another pitcher jawed at him and the benches cleared, though no fights or ejections.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I saw everyone was calling it the "Schwarber Game" and I thought that was a bit much, but then CSN Chicago put up a stat that only Sandberg, Dawson and Sosa had hit two game-tying or go-ahead homers in the 9th or later in Cubs history.

Of course, the first one was the "Sandberg Game" on June 23, 1984... a Saturday afternoon NBC game of the week against the Cardinals.

So I thought it might be premature, but given the context and rarity I guess it fits. But for a guy who has 8 career starts to have THE game...

Kyle Schwarber goes yard to tie it in the 9th.

Schwarber does it again to win it in the 13th.

"The Scahwarber Game."

and he's from Middletown, Ohio too so basically Cincinnati.

Cool story for that reason.

The Reds are in complete limbo right now. He hit those home runs and I had no reaction. The window is closed and it's time to start over.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That game tying home run was disgusting. Nine-pitch AB and massive bomb in a situation the Cubs normally fold in (RISP = outs; relief gave up lead innings prior). Then a simple muscle shot in the 13th that won the game. Cubs play a damn double-header today, and without Schwarber that game could've gone until the 20th based on mutual offensive ineptitude.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That game tying home run was disgusting. Nine-pitch AB and massive bomb in a situation the Cubs normally fold in (RISP = outs; relief gave up lead innings prior). Then a simple muscle shot in the 13th that won the game. Cubs play a damn double-header today, and without Schwarber that game could've gone until the 20th based on mutual offensive ineptitude.

Probably could have gone on until the next major snowstorm.

And don't mess with my Cubbies.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

And don't mess with my Cubbies.

I'm a Cubs fan too, but I don't really go around telling people they belong to me, and rarely if ever address the teams I love as "we" or "us." THAT BEING SAID POUR ME A FUGGIN OLD STYLE AND DO THE TERRIBLE HARRY CARAY IMPRESSION

POUR ME A DELISHEZ BUDHT WYYZER

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kyle Schwarber goes yard to tie it in the 9th.

Schwarber does it again to win it in the 13th.

"The Scahwarber Game."

I made the trip down to Cincinnati for that game and the first game yesterday. The "Schwarber game" might have been the best baseball game I've ever been to. Besides the Cubs getting spanked yesterday, it was a great trip. Great American Ballpark was as nice as I expected and everyone I met throughout the couple days I was there was really nice.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived