North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Glad I'm not the only one watching these. Truly, a fantastic week for US soccer. A fantastic week for Bobby Wood as well. Two GW goals against the Dutch and the Germans?! Incredible.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I'm not the only one watching these. Truly, a fantastic week for US soccer. A fantastic week for Bobby Wood as well. Two GW goals against the Dutch and the Germans?! Incredible.

Missed the Germany friendly, but saw both the USWNT win and the U20 win last night. Neither of the latter two were as convincing as I would have liked, but a win is a win.

Nor have they put one in the Pacific Time Zone. :upside:

I realize you consider the places where your potential new ownership wants to be, but at some point I think you'd have to try to steer one of them to another location. That said, I totally need to make the PR away trip next year.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

With the NASL, I think the owners have more control than they do in MLS or USL. Especially since part of the leadership just got rolled in this FIFA investigation. I just don't see where the NASL can operate that is going to link them to the West Coast. LA is overcrowded as is and from what everyone else has pointed out about San Francisco/Oakland it's not a good fit there either.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

There's always San Diego.

-----

In other NASL news, Miguel Ibarra has transferred to Club Leon in Liga MX. His last league game as a loon will be this Saturday. I'm so happy for him, but so sad.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

http://www.espnfc.us/north-american-soccer-league/story/2486769/nba-star-carmelo-anthony-buys-nasl-side-puerto-rico-fc

Anthony confirms purchase of Puerto Rico FC, they start next year. NASL is up to 13 teams, Minnesota could leave in 2017 or 2018.

Here is their logo (or at least their placeholder logo)

https://twitter.com/FutbolPR_/status/609036205200650243

CHO7M4xW0AAac_t.jpg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

There's always San Diego.

-----

In other NASL news, Miguel Ibarra has transferred to Club Leon in Liga MX. His last league game as a loon will be this Saturday. I'm so happy for him, but so sad.

Not really. San Diego doesn't have an owner or a venue that can host NASL in their desired, and required, size range.

Regarding Puerto Rico... oh boy, another "FC"

Just move the league owned Silverbacks to Temecula, keep them league owned, draw under 1000 like Orange County and then stop having everyone talk about the West Coast rule.

How many independent west coast teams are there that aren't MLS or soon to be MLS? When you break it down, USL has Sacramento that is going to be MLS any day now, Orange County and farm teams. I just don't get the need for this rule when there are no markets to go to. Why does the USSF insist on this if its going to weaken the league and division?

The money and stadium requirements totally make sense. The Pacific time zone rule doesn't.

I'll fully admit I'd like to see the NASL expand westward from where they are at, especially places like Milwaukee, Detroit and San Diego/Las Vegas if they can figure out stadium/ownership. But I just don't see how its in the league's or the USSF's best interest to force it.

Just move the league owned Silverbacks to Temecula, keep them league owned, draw under 1000 like Orange County and then stop having everyone talk about the West Coast rule.

How many independent west coast teams are there that aren't MLS or soon to be MLS? When you break it down, USL has Sacramento that is going to be MLS any day now, Orange County and farm teams. I just don't get the need for this rule when there are no markets to go to. Why does the USSF insist on this if its going to weaken the league and division?

The money and stadium requirements totally make sense. The Pacific time zone rule doesn't.

I'll fully admit I'd like to see the NASL expand westward from where they are at, especially places like Milwaukee, Detroit and San Diego/Las Vegas if they can figure out stadium/ownership. But I just don't see how its in the league's or the USSF's best interest to force it.

Temecula? Where do you propose they play in Temecula?

Its a joke. I'm saying if all you need is a Orange County type team on the west coast to stay D2, then it doesn't matter where the team is.

I'm assuming that USL isn't proposing to bring their reserve teams to D2 because if they do all hope for club soccer outside of MLS is lost in this country.

Its a joke. I'm saying if all you need is a Orange County type team on the west coast to stay D2, then it doesn't matter where the team is.

I'm assuming that USL isn't proposing to bring their reserve teams to D2 because if they do all hope for club soccer outside of MLS is lost in this country.

Why is that a bad thing?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

D2 isn't the proper place for developmental teams. They belong no higher than D3.

You need the second division to be competitive. You can have affiliates, and even a certain amount of movement of players, but the singular goal of a second division needs to be making money at the games. A developmental side, by definition, can't put the business of presenting competitive games first.

Don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. If MLS is directing it from the top they could eventually develop the lower levels into a true ladder system not unlike MLB and MiLB have done.

Which would be awful. If you want the experiences at games outside of MLS to be dull and empty, that's the way to go. How many people are "fans" of AAA baseball teams? NBDL teams? I've never heard anyone on Indianapolis say they are Indians fans. Sure the games are fun, people go and kinda watch the games, some get season tickets, but it's not like anyone cares about the standings too much. No thanks.

Archived