North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been rumored for weeks now. Looks like it'll happen.

He's old, but has a lot left.

So is Frank Lampard officially not happening? Presumably, Pirlo comes in as a DP. Mix and David Villa would be the other two, so where does that leave Lampard?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So is Frank Lampard officially not happening? Presumably, Pirlo comes in as a DP. Mix and David Villa would be the other two, so where does that leave Lampard?

No. Lampard is still coming and is a DP. Mix is not.

No. Lampard is still coming and is a DP. Mix is not.

Really? Interesting.

That could be a really good team.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So all the old Euro players end up with NYCFC & LA Galaxy. That's swell.

Don't worry. Ronaldo is likely to end up on LAFC, which is at least a different LA franchise.

If there were a Miami franchise, they'd do pretty well too. If MLS ever loses the cap -- or if it adds many more DP slots -- I don't know how a market like Columbus can compete. So in that sense, MLS becomes more and more like the big Euroleages.

I clearly missed something. Last time I checked the Citrus Bowl in Orlando had field turf. I'm about 95% sure the last Orlando City home game I saw on TV was played on turf. Today Mexico & Costa Rica played a friendly at the Citrus Bowl on grass. Ummm... how?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I clearly missed something. Last time I checked the Citrus Bowl in Orlando had field turf. I'm about 95% sure the last Orlando City home game I saw on TV was played on turf. Today Mexico & Costa Rica played a friendly at the Citrus Bowl on grass. Ummm... how?

They can bring in the real stuff.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

$$$ talks. The promoters were able to sell seats to pay for the installation.

@Needschat: So was FIFA unwilling to do this for the women's world cup? They obviously have the $$$$ to bring in real grass for the Canadian stadiums that have turf.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

@Needschat: So was FIFA unwilling to do this for the women's world cup? They obviously have the $$$$ to bring in real grass for the Canadian stadiums that have turf.

You realize that the Canadian bid was the lone bid for this event and it bid with turf fields.

And FIFA rejected every bid to place grass in stadiums since those bids didn't include practice fields.

Has anybody been to a Portland Timbers home game? Is the atmosphere as intense as it appears on TV?

I'd love to know, too. Haven't been up to the Northwest for an MLS game yet. Portland, Seattle, Vancouver in an 8-day swing with a midweek game to pull it off would be a fun road trip.

Has anybody been to a Portland Timbers home game? Is the atmosphere as intense as it appears on TV?

I've been to dozens of Timbers matches. It's better in person than on TV.

I've been to a couple. I think if I wasn't there rooting for the Crew I'd like to sit in with the Timbers Army. They even take the time to put chant sheets out throughout the stadium so the whole stadium knows what chants are being used that game.

I went to the Sounders vs Chelsea match a few years back but I didn't get a chance to watch a game at Vancouver before I transferred out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived