North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

This is a bit farther in the future than the rest of this thread, but apparently the two supporters groups looking to bring professional soccer to Milwaukee, Milwaukee Soccer Development Group and Milwaukee Outdoor Pro Soccer Alliance, have joined forces under a new banner:

logo600427-615x400.jpg

BaronsScarf1.jpg

The name, naturally, refers to beer barons.

And although it's a fan-driven logo, and wouldn't be used by an eventual club, I think it's good enough to be worth discussion. I always picture blue as Milwaukee's sporting color, but red and black could work well, Certainly unique in their sports/collegiate landscape. The crest is good, a bit Harley-inspired. I do like the gear/ball.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not seeing what is very different from several other groups out there.

The San Jose Ultras are fond of singing " :censored: on, :censored: on, :censored: on those bastards below!", "We are San Jose Ultras, Nobody can :censored: with us!", and a song about pissing on the Galaxy (which they sing even when not playing the Galaxy which I've always found funny.

The Angel City Brigade sing "For you we will go mental"

I'm sure I could find other examples. The Orlando supporters don't exactly have a stellar reputation, but this is hardly a thing to single them out on if they're going to be outraged over it.

Picking on Special Olympian is a special low. Unless I'm reading the article wrong.

Anyway, that Barons logo is nice, I guess. Sometimes I think American soccer design might be a little too twee for its own good. The logo looks nice, but it speaks more to "these are things I like" rather than "this is a soccer club."

You wouldn't add gears and barley and a road sign to an NFL or NBA franchise, so why would you throw the whole deal at a soccer crest? I'd pick one element and go with that. And if it's redundant to another local franchise, maybe you can rethink approach.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You would absolutely add barley to a baseball franchise logo. The only thing I like about that current logo, by the way.

And yeah. Every sport has its own aesthetic. What works in one doesn't always work in another - very few baseball cap logos would look good on a football helmet, and vice versa.

And as for the Orlando City >sigh< Firm, their history is exactly why they're being taken to account now. They were de-recognized for bad behavior just last year, so what they do now is relevant.

The San Jose Ultras are fond of singing " :censored: on, :censored: on, :censored: on those bastards below!", "We are San Jose Ultras, Nobody can :censored: with us!", and a song about pissing on the Galaxy (which they sing even when not playing the Galaxy which I've always found funny.

If your frame of reference for “normal fans” are Quakes ones, that’s probably your first issue in understanding why Orlando fans are so terrible.

6fQjS3M.png

If your frame of reference for “normal fans” are Quakes ones, that’s probably your first issue in understanding why Orlando fans are so terrible.

Well admittedly the bulk of my MLS viewing has been through the Quakes and the two LA teams (now 1). None of which have particularly friendly primary supporters groups in terms of reputation.

Good. The NoVA nonsense was just that.

I would think it'd be really cool for an old team like Bavarians Milwaukee pony up money and try to make it to the NASL or whatever. They're joining not the Great Lakes Premier League next year.

Oh, yeah.

They could even adopt the "Barons" nickname when they make the jump to the pros. Keep everybody happy.

There were rumors going around in local media a while ago that DC United may build a practice/training facility in Norther Virginia. Perhaps Loudon County may come back into play for that. Also heard Montgomery County, Maryland as a possible location for a training site.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

And that would all make sense.

There was a rumor going around last week that they were looking to put the a stadium in Loudon County.

So DC United is talking with Commonwealth of Virginia and Loudoun County since the DC mayor has gotten more power to negotiate final terms?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/digger/wp/2015/06/02/at-11th-hour-d-c-united-considers-bolting-for-virginia/

http://m.dc.curbed.com/archives/2015/06/dc-united-stadium-loudoun-county.php

Did the USMNT just knock off Germany IN Germany? After knocking off the Netherlands IN Amsterdam?

YUP! And I don't care that they were friendlies. That's huge.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow! What a week for US soccer!

Comebacks in Amsterdam and Cologne, convincing win the Women's WC opener, and the U-20 men's team moving into the WC quarters!

What a week indeed!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived