NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's blue...does that mean they're going to follow the recent throwback trend of wearing the wrong color (darks) at home?

Gah, that drives me crazy. It looked super awkward when Indiana and Toronto did it, and it won't look any better for Sacramento.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I will always hate the NOB being under the number.

Second that..cool uni nonetheless

I like it. It was something unique to the Kings. Kinda wish they bring it back.

I've got good and bad news: That catalog leak showed the Kings getting a baby blue uniform with sleeves.

bSLCtu2.png

It makes so much more sense to put it under the number though. I'm surprised more teams didn't do that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've got good and bad news: That catalog leak showed the Kings getting a baby blue uniform with sleeves.

I remember the leak...but sleeved???!!

Cue Darth Vader's "epic Noooooooooooo!!"

shado_logo.gif

It makes so much more sense to put it under the number though. I'm surprised more teams didn't do that.

That's the crazy thing, if we were to start all over without any history, names would probably be put under numbers on basketball tank tops. Yet nobody seems to like when it is done. It does make more sense, design-wise, but I guess it's too abnormal now.

That's the crazy thing, if we were to start all over without any history, names would probably be put under numbers on basketball tank tops. Yet nobody seems to like when it is done. It does make more sense, design-wise, but I guess it's too abnormal now.

I've never been a fan of names below the number for me it doesn't make sense this huge empty space below the collar then names half visible if jersey is tucked it.

that's two people saying it makes more sense for the names to go under the number... i feel like i'm missing something obvious.

can someone explain the logic that makes it more sensible? to me, at best, it's an arbitrary coin flip, for an element that isn't even required at all, but rather a courtesy for uninformed fans. why is one option more or less sensible than the other? honest question.

Most names are wider than the numbers. A basketball jersey tapers so there is more horizontal space at the bottom than there is at the top, meaning it makes more sense to put the more narrow element at the top in between the shoulders and the wider part (the NOB) underneath, where there's plenty of horizontal space. No "ABDUL JABAR" craziness anymore if you do it that way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Most names are wider than the numbers. A basketball jersey tapers so there is more horizontal space at the bottom than there is at the top, meaning it makes more sense to put the more narrow element at the top in between the shoulders and the wider part (the NOB) underneath, where there's plenty of horizontal space. No "ABDUL JABAR" craziness anymore if you do it that way.

fair enough... as a "JONES," i guess that issue was far from my mind.

Get ready to rock the baby blues this season. Pre-order yours now » http://spr.ly/6015BHywd

CM-zD9jWcAE7HvK.jpg

I really like the light blue and red. However, wish the Kings would stick with their normal colors. They actually have a unique pallet in the NBA and the big 3 sports. So it would be nice for them to maintain the look and do generation/uniform mash up.

Sacramento Kings@SacramentoKings 9h9 hours ago

Get ready to rock the baby blues this season. Pre-order yours now » http://spr.ly/6015BHywd

CM-zD9jWcAE7HvK.jpg

I really like the light blue and red. However, wish the Kings would stick with their normal colors. They actually have a unique pallet in the NBA and the big 3 sports. So it would be nice for them to maintain the look and do generation/uniform mash up.

They don't even have a unique color palette for their name, let alone across sports.

EDIT: I see that you purposely dropped a sport (Big 3?) as to avoid the LA Kings.

But it wouldn't save them anything. In that picture, you see that a 7 letter name (including a non-serif I) is wider than the number. So for longer names they'd still have to arch the name upwards, which I think could look worse. I mean, Abdul-Jabbar straight across would go from seam to seam.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived