NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

I just heard new logo but not uniforms

I hate this move. If you are getting a "new" look you should update the unis too.
To defend myself, I've only seen the Clippers new logo sheet since that's all my company needs. Any jersey the clippers have will be brand new ones or their current with the new logos. If I had to bet, I would bet on all new uniforms.

I almost forgot your similar logos that resembles the new logo? UNCW and Detroit Pistons old roundel logo?? Do you remember if the logo had different font than the current? Still cool if they get new unis!

From Twitter:

@larryluk: 100% convinced Clippers new logo was made in PowerPoint. I honestly can't believe my eyes. Will be worst logo in pro sports. Hands down.

I'm officially scared.

How do you make logos in PowerPoint? Does he mean MS Paint?
Probably generic clipart images used in PowerPoint. But from GoNordiques post to this one really sounds conflicting!!

Im either excited or terribly scared.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is the roundel as primary a league mandate or what? I can't imagine every team would voluntarily/coincidentally adopt it.

It's starting to look that way, which is pretty sad.

Who will be the one to embrace it and make a concept thread for the other teams?

Keep the name. The team has developed an attractive visual identity, and there's no reason for the identity to be tied to the black letter definition of the team name. I'm glad Ted Leonsis spent the rumored $500K to change the primary; I don't want or expect him to spend even more money on an expensive full rebrand to research and decide upon another name. We're not going to go back to the "Bullets"; spend that money on a new GM and coach's salary instead. :)

Well now that Deadspin said it, I can't unsee it.

It looks like the phallic Washington Monument is going to penetrate the great star anus in the sky.

Otherwise, it's fine. (But :censored: if it isn't another damn roundel...)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Keep the name. The team has developed an attractive visual identity, and there's no reason for the identity to be tied to the black letter definition of the team name. I'm glad Ted Leonsis spent the rumored $500K to change the primary; I don't want or expect him to spend even more money on an expensive full rebrand to research and decide upon another name. We're not going to go back to the "Bullets"; spend that money on a new GM and coach's salary instead. :)

Second that!

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Whoa, who saw this coming? New primary for the 'Zards:

CCo1fgvUMAEqEAg.jpg

This is bad. The monument ball logo is great on its own. This new primary feels like a quickly rushed afterthought with stuff slapped around the ball logo. There's too much going on. This just doesn't cut it. A lateral move. One can clearly see that this wasn't designed by the same person who designed the ball logo.

--

Conrad, the proportions are off in your concept, the wordmark is too small in relation to the ball. I'd make the ball one third smaller.

From Twitter:

@larryluk: 100% convinced Clippers new logo was made in PowerPoint. I honestly can't believe my eyes. Will be worst logo in pro sports. Hands down.

I'm officially scared.

The Nets already did that. After them, nothing can scare me anymore.

From Twitter:

I'm officially scared.

That Steve Ballmer...always using Microsoft products whenever he can...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I actually like the Wizards new logo, but I'm wondering why we're still calling them the "Wizards".

Because changing a name is a long, expensive process

How is changing the Wizards' name BACK to the Bullets a long, expensive process? Oh, the Wizards name sucks and Bullets is better. Why did we ever change? CTRL + Z.

Easy breezy.

I actually like the Wizards new logo, but I'm wondering why we're still calling them the "Wizards".

Because changing a name is a long, expensive process

How is changing the Wizards' name BACK to the Bullets a long, expensive process? Oh, the Wizards name sucks and Bullets is better. Why did we ever change? CTRL + Z.

Easy breezy.

Huh. You make working with licensees, marketers, and lawyers sound so easy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

LONG time lurker(like years and years). Now trying to actually become a bigger part of the community haha, so figured I would chime in. I actually really like what the Wizards have done here. Not perfect, and a little sloppy in the execution, but the connotation with the campaign badge is a nice touch. Also, for people saying there is no Wizard imagery anymore, am I the only one that sees a Wizard's wand being made by the Washington Monument and the Star in the basketball? Yes, it might be a bit of a stretch, but I just graduated with my graphic design degree and to me at least it looks pretty intentional. Was just curious what any one else's thoughts are. Am I just seeing things? Or could it be a legitimate design decision? Hoping to have a good time discussing logos and sports with you guys in the future.

Archived