NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

The Wizards just need to drop the name and go back to Bullets. Short of that happening though? Losing every logo that actually ties into that G-d awful name is a step in the right direction. I've never loved the monument/basketball logo, but I'll take it over the wizard any day. Good job.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the Wizards new logo, but I'm wondering why we're still calling them the "Wizards".

Because changing a name is a long, expensive process

How is changing the Wizards' name BACK to the Bullets a long, expensive process? Oh, the Wizards name sucks and Bullets is better. Why did we ever change? CTRL + Z.

Easy breezy.

You forgot clicking their heels three times. They'd also need to click their heels three times.

I forget, did Washington remember to pander to blue collar workers in describing their new primary?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Weird how the NBA League Pass app already has the Wizards logo updated to the new one but the Cavaliers court used in the app is from 2 seasons ago. I'm about to check if the Bucks logo has been updated too. Nothing crazy, just weird how only certain things get updated..

From Twitter:

@larryluk: 100% convinced Clippers new logo was made in PowerPoint. I honestly can't believe my eyes. Will be worst logo in pro sports. Hands down.

I'm officially scared.

You me both my fellow Clipper fan..I knew it would be the Clippers when I heard some team will change to something hideous

1376341871250.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

From Twitter:

@larryluk: 100% convinced Clippers new logo was made in PowerPoint. I honestly can't believe my eyes. Will be worst logo in pro sports. Hands down.

I'm officially scared.

I wonder if this is the apocalyptically bad rebrand ColorWerx told us about

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I really like what the Wizards did here. It does look like a campaign button, and it has the stripe pattern from the jerseys in there to tie everything together. Also, it's a stretch here, but the stars do tie into the Wizards nickname. I'll make that stretch because I want them to keep the name. I like it.

I'm really worried about what the Clippers are doing with their logos. I don't know that it can get worse than what they already have, but I've been wrong before. The team is finally good, I really hope they don't figure out a way to look like a joke again.

From Twitter:

I'm officially scared.

My money is on that. I don't know what's wrong with the Clippers' current look? It's not horrendous. I get that they want to get past the Sterling era ... but ... new uniforms seem like a better option than full rebrand. Ugh.

The current logo is extremely bland and doesn't stand out from all the other generic "basketball and team name" logos around the league. Even worse, it's too similar to the logo being used by another team in the same market. The color scheme is also very boring and overused. We've needed a real rebrand for decades, but if the rumors are true, it's apparently going to somehow be even worse than what we have now. I'm hoping that it's just someone using extreme hyperbole to describe a logo that doesn't appeal to their personal tastes, as opposed to an actual critique of the logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I heard that the Wizards have indeed fixed the red leak in their logo not long after it was initially released. At least it's been fixed.

I too was surprised at how quickly they've rolled the new logo. I saw that NBA on TNT's playoff bracket had the logo, but not Milwaukee's.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

From Twitter:

I'm officially scared.

We already live in a post-apocalyptic world. The Brooklyn Nets happened.

I heard that the Wizards have indeed fixed the red leak in their logo not long after it was initially released. At least it's been fixed.

I too was surprised at how quickly they've rolled the new logo. I saw that NBA on TNT's playoff bracket had the logo, but not Milwaukee's.

Interesting that the Wizards were like "USE IT NOW!" -- The Bucks gave out t-shirts at last nights home game with the new logo, but they aren't 'officially' switching to it until the start of next season.

From the Bucks Logo FAQ: "The Bucks new identity will become official at the conclusion of the 2014-15 NBA season in June. However, we will begin the transition to using the new branding following the final Bucks playoff game."

Archived