NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R6p2wmQ.png

I'm expecting some form of these:

2346-684607Fr.jpg

It just seems like we've seen just about every other throwback possibility for Cleveland.

(If it's a throwback, of course.)

These throwbacks were supposed to be realeased two years ago IIRC along with other 90's jerseys.90s.jpg

The designs below never appear on the court but the Kyrie's jersey used to be on sale on NBA StoreScreen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.45--590x

Adidas balked at the last minute.

I was wondering why we didn't see these! Do you have any idea why they backed out ? Really wanted to see those Sixers ones, and I love the old school Raptors.
Because, besides the sweet Raptors uniforms, these are godawful abominations that should never be worn again?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

R6p2wmQ.png

I'm expecting some form of these:

2346-684607Fr.jpg

It just seems like we've seen just about every other throwback possibility for Cleveland.

(If it's a throwback, of course.)

These throwbacks were supposed to be realeased two years ago IIRC along with other 90's jerseys.90s.jpg

The designs below never appear on the court but the Kyrie's jersey used to be on sale on NBA StoreScreen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.45--590x

Adidas balked at the last minute.
I was wondering why we didn't see these! Do you have any idea why they backed out ? Really wanted to see those Sixers ones, and I love the old school Raptors.
Because, besides the sweet Raptors uniforms, these are godawful abominations that should never be worn again?

The Hawks jerseys were worn but never sold, I was trying to get my hands on one.

Whoa, who saw this coming? New primary for the 'Zards:

CCo1fgvUMAEqEAg.jpg

Yes..my team for 18 years and my home team. Definite upgrade. Better than my concept though? :) #selfplug

Wizards_SS.png?format=750w

People were complaining that the monument in the alt/new primary was phallic, but that DC logo of yours brings it to a whole new level (look carefully at the whole logo)

Other than that, your set is stunning.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If Ian can plug, I'll do the same ;)

My concept for the primary once the monument/ball came out:

CCo5o7NUwAIefXq.png

Takes care of the "yet another roundel" problem, no?

I really like this. I'm glad they decided to change, the previous logo never really worked with the RWB color scheme. Not sure about the roundel though, the color balance seems a tad bit off.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I like the roundel. Yeah, it's a lot of red, but that's the primary road color for the team, so that makes sense. I also like the fact that the stripes refer back to the Wizards' uniform. And, the color scheme, stars, stripes, etc., make the entire thing look like a political campaign button. :)

AmericaWallace.jpgKennedy-button-front.jpg

Well, the monument itself is an obelisk, and obelisks, dating back to ancient Egypt, have always been considered phallic architecture. It's what you choose to see.

Definitely glad the flying wizard is gone.

I wonder if it takes place of the DC hands in center court at verizon?

^^Edit..reference to presidential campaign buttons makes it that much cooler.

Well, the monument itself is an obelisk, and obelisks, dating back to ancient Egypt, have always been considered phallic architecture. It's what you choose to see.

Definitely glad the flying wizards is gone.

I wonder if it takes place of the DC hands in center court at verizon?

^^Edit..reference to presidential campaign buttons makes it that much cooler.

Very true, the internet has corrupted me. Maybe it's the seven years on the boards that did me in.

I don't have nearly as many problems with this as with the Raptors rebrand. The colours in the roundel keep it from being generic, and now that the campaign button has been pointed out, it has an all-new awesomeness factor. Good job, Wizards.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived