NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

Vegas is going to be a popular destination for road fans.  Wisconsin plays at UNLV every few years, I imagine for that reason. 

In the aggregate, it seems like these teams would have come out ahead with the Vegas Charges and LA Raiders.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Vegas is going to be a popular destination for road fans.  Wisconsin plays at UNLV every few years, I imagine for that reason. 

In the aggregate, it seems like these teams would have come out ahead with the Vegas Charges and LA Raiders.  

Maybe that's why everyone seems ok with these moves. More home games for their teams. I mean the Raiders will get at least one extra home game each year in LA. As will any other popular team playing the Chargers. And with Vegas being a destination the "Black Hole" will lose some of its intimidation factor compared to Oakland or LA for opposing teams/fans.

It'll be the NFL's most intimate venue.

Then again, football's one sport in which "inimate" is not great.  The vast majority of seats will be too close.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 minutes ago, Wings said:

Looks like a high school field. Wait it is. 

Got an MLS sized crowd of media out to their coaching unveiling too.

C2ZapSiUQAEvLqF.jpg

Absolutely pitiful. Looks like cancelling the big "Fan Rally" was their first good idea since moving to LA.

This is an interesting article.

I'd laugh if the Raiders moved to San Diego. All of the old Chargers fans would be Raiders -- and all of the old LA Raiders fans would be Raiders fan, leaving the Chargers in LA with pretty much nothing.

HAHAHA!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

It's a solid 6 hours, but if you make a weekend out of it...

Or about three from start to finish (1h 15M flight time) from a LA regional airport.

LAX has 28 daily non-stop flights to LAS, Burbank has 10; OC six, Ontario four. 

6 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

They host Buffalo, Denver, Cleveland, KC, Miami, Philly, Oakland, and Washington.

Cleveland actually has one of the largest fan groups in the league, The Worldwide Browns Backers Club being the official fan club. I also think one of their biggest branches is in the San Diego/LA area. I know that's a pretty big swathe of land but they are out there. They would have a decent showing, though nothing like what will be seen when Denver and Oakland come to town. KC should have decent representation as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, kimball said:

I'd laugh if the Raiders moved to San Diego. All of the old Chargers fans would be Raiders -- and all of the old LA Raiders fans would be Raiders fan, leaving the Chargers in LA with pretty much nothing.

HAHAHA!

I'd almost think this is San Diego trading up. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

38 minutes ago, kimball said:

HAHAHA!

Well I mean that's already the case now. 81% of San Diego based Chargers fans have already dumped them. They really have no fans left as it is. Because Raiders fans in LA certainly aren't jumping ship to them even now.

Oh please let this be true...

The destruction of the Chargers would be complete (many of the 19% of San Diego fans who are still going to follow the Chargers are only doing so because of a few select guys Rivers and Gates).

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Or about three from start to finish (1h 15M flight time) from a LA regional airport.

LAX has 28 daily non-stop flights to LAS, Burbank has 10; OC six, Ontario four. 

You forgot 13 from LGB.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

Oh please let this be true...

The destruction of the Chargers would be complete (many of the 19% of San Diego fans who are still going to follow the Chargers are only doing so because of a few select guys Rivers and Gates).

The 49ers have a running back, a left tackle....and that's about it.  That roster is god awful.  If Rivers wants to waste the rest of his prime in that dumpster fire, have fun with that.

Archived