New name and logo for San Jose Sharks AHL affiliate has been unofficially unveiled/leaked.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't be that bad if they dropped the Barracuda Network background teeth, fixed the fish to face the other direction, fix the stick so it's just a tad more authentic looking. Basically, the don't have start from sratch, but a few tweaks would make this logo much better.

The name is a variation of what I expected,. I would have liked Seals as well, but there seemed to be logistical and trademark issues not to mention the Sharks eat Seals debate. While Barracuda is the proper plural form, Barracudas sound better, but the name isn't bad - they could have done a lot worse.

While the sponsorship was expected it just seems like a goofy schtick (not to be confused with the goofy stick in the logo).

Since the Sharks entered the league I feared that the Shark-biting-the-stick was a bad omen, because how are we supposed to know it's the opponent's stick? Florida Panthers use the Panther-breaking-the-stick as an alternate, maybe the Sharks should follow suit. Though, this biting-stick curse could just be a way to find a place all the Sharks playoff failures. Either way the 25th anniversary might be the time to adjust the logos accordingly.

A completely awful logo for a completely awful farm system. Just total crap. Took the AHL out of New England for this.

Hey New England still has 5 AHL teams. You guys were hogging them.

But I agree, they needed to do better.

Dear god what the hell is wrong with the Sharks. Thats a whole lot of ugly right there. A few tweaks and it could be ok. Get rid of the stick and arms and center over the "splash" or get rid of it all together

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Since the Sharks entered the league I feared that the Shark-biting-the-stick was a bad omen, because how are we supposed to know it's the opponent's stick? Florida Panthers use the Panther-breaking-the-stick as an alternate, maybe the Sharks should follow suit. Though, this biting-stick curse could just be a way to find a place all the Sharks playoff failures. Either way the 25th anniversary might be the time to adjust the logos accordingly.

I'd say just keep a shade of teal and blow up everything else. I'd don't care if it is Original Six-Dress Up, just something that breaks away from the current logos entirely and away from black/orange (maybe even silver).

Ideally, they would update their original look with a new logo (divorced from the triangle and the breaking stick) and new color scheme (something like the one Go Red Sox! made here), but that's asking too much of an organization that sits on its ass all day to keep a dying run of contention alive.

Ugly, unbalanced, blatantly corporate piece of fish turd. I'd have been OK with the Barracuda Networks logo addition if it was only that bit on the left of the logo's mouth, at least that would have been a bit more subtle. But no, they had to also have it taking up a prominent chunk of the team's logo.

The wordmark sucks too. If they were going to shove that in there, they could at least have gone with the Sharks font.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

With the exception of the singular name, I actually dig that name and logo. Perfect for a Sharks farm team. The scariest man eating fish in the sea is the Shark. The second scariest is the Barracuda. Barracudas are like mini sharks. Its a perfect name for a farm team.

And why are people complaining about the stick?

Its certainly better than the Jacksonville Barracudas

JacksonvilleBarracudas3.GIF

JacksonvilleBarracudas5.GIF

But maybe not as cool as the Birmingham Barracudas

cflbirmingham.jpg

or the Pensacola Barracudas

PensacolaBarracudas.gif

The Catch of the Day!

The alternate logo fixes so much. If it wasn't for the stupid sponsorship, this team could almost look respectable.

Promo_SJLogo.png

EDIT: Uniforms! (click for bigger)

7b6Ap7N.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You know, that orange third would be a kinda neat idea for a Sharks third if black alts weren't already traditionally ingrained as the Sharks' third jersey color.

Oh yeah, and I'll be the first here to point out that they're taking the parent club's cue of removing the hem stripes to "improve performance" or whatever.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'm digging those jerseys. Add an "S" to the name and you have yourself a winner.

Still think they would better off in Oakland. Whats the point of having the parent club and the farm team in the same city? It would be a great way to expose the franchise throughout the San Fransisco Bay by having them play in another Bay Area city.

The Catch of the Day!

I'm digging those jerseys. Add an "S" to the name and you have yourself a winner.

Still think they would better off in Oakland. Whats the point of having the parent club and the farm team in the same city? It would be a great way to expose the franchise throughout the San Fransisco Bay by having them play in another Bay Area city.

You're just worried about the fact that there's now another predator in the Pacific. Moving them up the coast gets them out of your territory, right?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived