Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

I was watching the HNIC stream and holy god were they anti-Chicago. Did the Blackhawks piss off all of Canada somehow for this broadcast team to be so unobjective?

Big guys playing a hard forecheck = Boner Night in Canada. You'd think Boston were in Saskatchewan to hear it from the CBC.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dissapointated.

I wanted the NBC Ratings SCF from Hell that would have gotten lower ratings than Unhappily Ever After, plus I root for a guy like Boudreau.

Besides, other than Timonen/Teuvo/Darling, damn near everyone on this team already has a Cup. And I prefer parity to dynasty. Do we REALLY want to see this again? I'm tired of Toews, I'm tired of Kane, I'm tired of everyone fellating this team like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Go Bolts.

I'm going to do the smart thing and do a self-quarantine for the next week from all social media, because otherwise I know the snark I want to dish out would risk me a suspension and start quit a few unnecessary fights. Suffice to say, I'm hoping the best, but expecting the worst.

But you know the worst thing of this? This is gonna happen again in another two or three years, because this is their time now. Call it fate, luck, Yaweh, whatever. Until another team comes along and starts catching the breaks, this is theirs to lose.

Go Bolts.

The Ducks have announced that they're changing their name to the San Jose Ducks of Anaheim.

God, you're so funny.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The Ducks have announced that they're changing their name to the San Jose Ducks of Anaheim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_OtrDxpeUk

Btw are these threads where all the action is? Everything else feels empty on this forum lmao.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I'm tired of everyone fellating this team like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Spend more time around Blackhawks fans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

After Toews cracked his physche in Game 5, Andersen played like :censored: . I almost guarantee if Game 5's OT didn't end so quickly, Chicago would've won and took it in 6. His confidence was gone after that collapse.

It's not entirely his fault, no. But when you're not getting the clutch stop from your goalie, it's hard to make any comeback.

I think the first goal in game 5 changed everything.

Before that, in the first 4 games of that series, not even the Calgary game 3 OT game nor the 5-4 Winnipeg OT game 3 did I ever feel he gave up an OH GOD goal.

But from that point on, he wasn't the same.

They have a cup though.

True, but they can't live off of that single cup forever. It becomes less and less relevant as time goes by.

They have a cup though.

True, but they can't live off of that single cup forever. It becomes less and less relevant as time goes by.

What does San Jose have to live off of? Hell, at least Anaheim has MADE it to the final round.

They have a cup though.

Kinda like the Kings were for 45 years?

Get a job.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm dissapointated.

I wanted the NBC Ratings SCF from Hell that would have gotten lower ratings than Unhappily Ever After, plus I root for a guy like Boudreau.

Besides, other than Timonen/Teuvo/Darling, damn near everyone on this team already has a Cup. And I prefer parity to dynasty. Do we REALLY want to see this again? I'm tired of Toews, I'm tired of Kane, I'm tired of everyone fellating this team like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Go Bolts.

It could be worse:

frozen_inside060807.jpg

I usually chalked it up to their fans being overly analytic of the team, but there may be something to Boudreau and his coaching, or over-coaching, in the playoffs.

I don't see many Ducks games, but going by their regular season and the first two rounds and flat-out just not seeing the team much, I thought their fans were being too critical about how these Ducks were winning games. I didn't even see much of this series with Chicago, but the first six games seemed to be par-for-the-course for both teams. The NBC guys pointed out the line-juggling in the first period...gotta let the game play out a little bit and let players settle into their roles instead of mixing them up so quickly. It's like the offensive coordinator in football changing the entire game plan because a touchdown wasn't scored on the first drive. Didn't seem like the Ducks had a game plan...felt like they were playing reactionary hockey.

It stops becoming "bad luck" once you get the stigma of not being able to advance past a certain round or can't win a do-or-die Game 7. And it seems like Boudreau lets the moment define him instead of he defining the moment. Gotta simplify the game in Game 7's...not go off-course from what you did all season.

I honestly know very little of this Lightning team outside of Bishop being basically a glorious god. I kind of figured skating 4 defensemen would break the Blackhawks this series, but maybe it'll catch up with them against Tampa.

Maybe not.

That being said, it's incredibly impressive that this team is scoring with 1.5 lines and playing defense with virtually 3 defensemen. Fourth line has been outstanding, IMHO, if you don't look at goals scored. Teuvo, Vermette, Richards, and Sharp are all doing okay without putting up sexy numbers (Teuvo is emerging, too, he's got the goods), but Shaw can't do much outside of piss people off (Blackhawks fans included). Bickell is the lightning rod for fan ire since he's done precisely dick, but all he can do is hurl himself around. Touching the puck makes him a total liability.

I was terribly satisfied to see Timonen not dress tonight. That in and of itself helped salve the stupidity that was game 3's benchings of Vermette and Teuvo.

Anyway, it's lonely here with so many blatant anti-Chicago folks, but winning will do that.

edit: Concerning Boudreau -- HNIC made a point that he's 1-6 in game 7's now, all on home ice. That's a pretty substantial trend that doesn't feel like it's a tangible statistic, but with so many instances in different organizations, maybe it's legit.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They have a cup though.

Get a job.

Ooh, burn. Almost as good as going up to a Red Sox fan and chanting "1918! 1918!".

They have a cup though.

Get a job.

Ooh, burn. Almost as good as going up to a Red Sox fan and chanting "1918! 1918!".

Hey it's not like your burns have been any better.

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

Is this rxmc or whatever a Kings fan? Why is it always Kings fans?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is this rxmc or whatever a Kings fan? Why is it always Kings fans?

I think he is but I'm not sure.

A Stanley Cup Championship never becomes irrelevant, much less one from just 7 years ago.

Tell that to the Carolina Hurricanes.

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

It does to Kings fans I guess, because "lulz the Ducks only have 1".

I don't understand why some Kings fan seem so insecure with Cup wins. It seems a lot of the time they have to show remind everybodythey have more than the Ducks. Both team's wins are just as relevant.

I don't hear of any Oilers fans holding their 5 cups over the Flames 1.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived