Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

:mad:

So anyway, everyone's talking about how the Blackhawks only have four defensemen, but let's not forget that they won the Stanley Cup in 2010 with Brent Sopel, Jordan Hendry, and Nick Boynton rotating on the third pairing. That's not really all that better than Kimmo Timonen, David Rundblad, and Kyle Cumiskey. Maybe Trevor van Riemsdyk is well enough to play in the Final. He's steady.

we push and pull and we fall apart, WHOA-OH-OH-OHHH

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. The Ducks had the easiest road to the finals out of anyone and most hockey folk had them in at least the conference finals. That wasn't unexpected at all

The Blackhawks wouldn't have made it here if Darling didn't save their bacon in OT vs. Nashville.

Or the goalposts in game 2 vs. Anaheim on Memorial Day that bled into Tuesday.

But thanks to those goalposts and THE WILL TO WIN BECAUSE JONATHAN TOEWS IS SO CLUTCH, the NBC media darlings survive to save their precious ratings

The Blackhawks wouldn't have made it here if Darling didn't save their bacon in OT vs. Nashville.

But thanks to those goalposts and THE WILL TO WIN BECAUSE JONATHAN TOEWS IS SO CLUTCH, the NBC media darlings survive to save their precious ratings

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Enjoy the series.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
Not necessarily, there is something out there that has everything

The Ducks still lost yesterday, didn't they?

:( Sigh...

It was the one game I went out of my way to watch all year too. Maybe I should just stop watching games.

I no longer have a horse (well, duck) in the race so I've gone with a Rangers logo as my avatar instead :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1. You know you've got a great argument when you're blaming an inanimate object.
  2. Don't drag TWTW into this, Hawk.
  3. Not only is the Blackhawks winning good for NBC, it's good for the sport. Lest we forget:

BFKlVs0CUAAVa5t.png_large.jpg

;)

But seriously, you don't need to sprinkle in reminders every page of the thread that you Hate The Blackhawks, Ratings Are The Devil, and that they are Media Darlings. Unless you really want to, that is.

warning: duck fans trigger ahead

The world has been cheated of seeing the great hockey representative Corey Perry hoist the cup, smarmy headlines referencing a 20+-year-old kids movie, and crowning a team with a duck foot as its logo with a goalie in a pac-man lego mask. If they had even beaten Tampa, that is. Let us all weep together at what a great loss this was for hockey's dignity, that the Blackhawks will represent the western conference once again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not really. The Ducks had the easiest road to the finals out of anyone and most hockey folk had them in at least the conference finals. That wasn't unexpected at all

The Hawks lost on Memorial Day, Chief.

And the Hawks were somewhat lucky to get to a game six. They were outplayed pretty consistently through five games. But for a few "oh, we're going to turn it on now" moments, they might have lost in five or even four. But yet they went down 3-2 and then outplayed the Ducks considerably over the last six periods. Sure, they had some luck, some random unaccountable happenings which went their way, and also some which went against them. But that's sports. And besides, it's not about who's the best team. It's about who can win sixteen games. There are upsets in hockey. It's still really hard to win the cup. the NHL or NBC didn't will the Hawks to this point.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Now I understand that some of you feel as though it wasn't fair that the Chicago Blackhawks returned to the Stanley Cup Finals. I understand that many of you feel as though, since the Chicago Blackhawks are returning to the Stanley Cup Final for the third time in six seasons, that it just... wasn't… fair... Well, that's just too damn bad…

Because if you don't think that wasn't fair Saturday, you're probably the same kind of people who wait in line… You'll wait forever in line, like sheep all lined up… You'll wait in line, waiting your turn, and then you'll see someone like myself, very aggressively cut in the front of the line and you'll say "Wait a minute… That's not Fair!"

And what about the parking lot? We've all been there. There you are, patiently waiting for your little parking space… and it suddenly appears, you start driving you car… and ohh. Someone zips in, cuts you off, parks their car and you say "wait a minute… that's my parking space, that's not fair!"

What about on those few occasions when you will honestly and objectively look at the teams you wanted to see in the finals. You look at your team… Go ahead, look at them! You look at your team and compare them to the talent in this arena and you say "That's not fair!!"

But forget about the talent… what about the money!? You scrimp and you save and you work yourselves half to death and still, you can’t afford what you really want. That's not fair! It's not fair that some people are RICH and you're not… That's not fair!

And you have to face the facts that a vast majority of you are cheering for inferior teams. And you say, it's not fair I'm cheering for an inferior team. But you feel sorry for yourselves, you wallow in your self pity. And then you have to face the facts that LIFE isn't fair. And for a small amount of you… you might as well go ahead and admit it. You might as well own up to the Philosophy, for some of you, and that is...

Life sucks, and then you die!

lq2tDRL.gif

1. You know you've got a great argument when you're blaming an inanimate object.

inanimate-carbon-rod.jpg

Now I understand that some of you feel as though it wasn't fair that the Chicago Blackhawks returned to the Stanley Cup Finals. I understand that many of you feel as though, since the Chicago Blackhawks are returning to the Stanley Cup Final for the third time in six seasons, that it just wasn't… fair. Well, that's just to damn bad…

Because if you don't think that was fair Saturday, you're probably the same kind of people who wait in line… You'll wait forever in line, like sheep all lined up… You'll wait in line, waiting your turn, and then you'll see someone like myself, very aggressively cut in the front of the line and you'll say "Wait a minute… That's not Fair!"

And what about the parking lot? We've all been there. There you are, patiently waiting for your little parking space… and it suddenly appears, you start driving you car… and ohh. Someone zips in, cuts you off, parks their car and you say "wait a minute… that's my parking space, that's not fair!"

What about on those few occasions when you will honestly and objectively look at the teams you wanted to see in the finals. You look at your team… Go ahead, look at them! You look at your team and compare them to the talent in this arena and you say "That's not fair!!"

But forget about the talent… what about the money!? You scrimp and you save and you work yourselves half to death and still, you can’t afford what you really want. That's not fair! It's not fair that some people are RICH and you're not… That's not fair!

And you have to face the facts that a vast majority of you are cheering for inferior teams. And you say, it's not fair I'm cheering for an inferior team. But you feel sorry for yourselves, you wallow in your self pity. And then you have to face the facts that LIFE isn't fair. And for a small amount of you… you might as well go ahead and admit it. You might as well own up to the Philosophy, for some of you, and that is...

Life sucks, and then you die!

lq2tDRL.gif

Love it. Here's the promo for reference, classic McMahon stuff with vintage King squeals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xOcCYCFnrk

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Now, while I would like to see Chicago win, it needs to be noted that, if they do, they are not a dynasty. A "quasi-dynasty"? Sure. An "as-close-as-you-can-realistically-come-to-a-dynasty-in-the-salary-cap-world" success story? Yup. But a true dynasty? No chance. The '80s Oilers, '40s Leafs, and '60s Habs were all true dynasties. But the 2010s Hawks? Don't get me wrong, winning three Cups in six years would be very impressive, but it's nowhere near those historical precedents.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Go Tampa. I've had enough of Blackhawk oversaturation.

Bleep Toews. Bleep Kane. Bleep the media lovefest over this team.

Send them into salary cap hell as the dynasty that never was.

Yeah, :censored: Patrick Kane... that Buffalo boy done good with 108 points in 109 playoff games. What's he ever done? Holy hell. Does anything bring you joy?

In other news, I somehow did not enter the CCSLC bracket league, and I am going to phantom win it if the Blackhawks win the Cup:

sabresinsix.jpg

Dang it. I came here to post gloat about how it's down to zpqmaowl and me for the Rite of Spring Bracket Challenge, but no matter what I'll end up finishing 6 points shy of you. :lonely:

Archived