In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

Mozgov is a better player on offense, defense, and is a reliable FT shooter for a big man. He's also 4 inches taller, which helps on defense and with rebounding.

I've watched the guy all year. I know exactly what he is and what he contributes to the team. I was going based on perception. And right now, perception is that Tristian is an unstoppable force on the glass, younger, and more athletic. How many times have we see stories or pieces or sound bites about Tristian as opposed to Timofey? How many times has Tristian been in the post-game press conference these Playoffs compared to Mozgov? Point made.

Thats cuz the dude can barely speak English man.

Speaking English has nothing to do with websites, newpapers, or TV shows writing/talking ABOUT him. Timofey doesn't have to speak English well for Mike Wilbon or Kenny Smith to sing his praises. And that's the point I'm making. He is rarely mentioned. On the other hand, Tristian is brought up regularly. When comparing the two, it isn't even close.

His playing time in the second half, more specifically the 4th quarter, also contributes to his lower "re-draft" order. He plays minimal minutes in the second half. Its been the trend since the mid point of the season. If I'm the average fan... I'm drafting Tristian before Mozgov because I see and hear so much more about TT than Timo.

This is simply not true. I've followed the Cavs and the media all year too, and ever since they traded for Mozgov, the media has been all over him on how much he has affected the team and made it so much better. You can clearly see his influence during games. Tristan has started being mentioned only these playoffs. There's no way I'd draft Tristan ahead of Mozgov.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mozgov is a better player on offense, defense, and is a reliable FT shooter for a big man. He's also 4 inches taller, which helps on defense and with rebounding.

I've watched the guy all year. I know exactly what he is and what he contributes to the team. I was going based on perception. And right now, perception is that Tristian is an unstoppable force on the glass, younger, and more athletic. How many times have we see stories or pieces or sound bites about Tristian as opposed to Timofey? How many times has Tristian been in the post-game press conference these Playoffs compared to Mozgov? Point made.

Speaking English has nothing to do with websites, newpapers, or TV shows writing/talking ABOUT him. Timofey doesn't have to speak English well for Mike Wilbon or Kenny Smith to sing his praises. And that's the point I'm making. He is rarely mentioned. On the other hand, Tristian is brought up regularly. When comparing the two, it isn't even close.

His playing time in the second half, more specifically the 4th quarter, also contributes to his lower "re-draft" order. He plays minimal minutes in the second half. Its been the trend since the mid point of the season. If I'm the average fan... I'm drafting Tristian before Mozgov because I see and hear so much more about TT than Timo.

This is simply not true. I've followed the Cavs and the media all year too, and ever since they traded for Mozgov, the media has been all over him on how much he has affected the team and made it so much better. You can clearly see his influence during games. Tristan has started being mentioned only these playoffs. There's no way I'd draft Tristan ahead of Mozgov.

Yes... CLEVELAND media. But that hasn't been the narrative in the playoffs. Nor has it been the national perception. That's what we are talking about... the national perception in the playoffs. Tristian has gotten infinitely more coverage and accolades that Mozgov in the playoffs. Not sure what were even discussing here.

Yes... CLEVELAND media. But that hasn't been the narrative in the playoffs. Nor has it been the national perception. That's what we are talking about... the national perception in the playoffs. Tristian has gotten infinitely more coverage and accolades that Mozgov in the playoffs. Not sure what were even discussing here.

I wasn't talking about Cleveland media either. I'm from the other side of the globe, so the media I follow tends to be more omnipresent, the very NBA.com, for example. And you might be talking about these playoffs, but I was talking about ever since they traded for Mozgov.

Let's rename SportsCenter to The Lebron Hour, With A Hint of Steph Curry!

To be fair, LeBron is having an unbelievable Finals right now and Curry just came off of the 3rd worst game (shooting wise) by a MVP in NBA Finals history.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

To be fair, LeBron is having an unbelievable Finals right now and Curry just came off of the 3rd worst game (shooting wise) by a MVP in NBA Finals history.

He's put up good stats, but his shooting last game wasn't much to brag about. It wasn't completely atrocious, but it wasn't great. But no one really shot well Game 2, as you all know.

He's put up good stats, but his shooting last game wasn't much to brag about. It wasn't completely atrocious, but it wasn't great. But no one really shot well Game 2, as you all know.

Through the first two games, LeBron is putting up one of the most impressive Finals performances of all time. Focusing on the stat line is missing the forest for the trees.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Through the first two games, LeBron is putting up one of the most impressive Finals performances of all time. Focusing on the stat line is missing the forest for the trees.

Plus he's playing against a great defensive team that, because of the injuries to Love and Irving, can focus completely on him. He's been nothing short of amazing thus far.

IUe6Hvh.png

Iguodala has been the Warriors' clear MVP in the Finals, yeah? He's giving LeBron absolute fits.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I find it ironic that the Warriors were not allowed to have gold as a home jersey a few years back, but now as they hit the road in the NBA Finals they find a Cavs team waiting for them in gold at home.

I thought the home team has to wear their traditional home uniforms during the NBA finals, but looked at the rule book and I couldn't find anything. All it states is that the home team must wear light colored jerseys and the road team, dark colored jerseys.

One possible reason for the Warriors being denied gold at home is maybe because the ends of the court and keys are gold, but even so that still kind of a silly reason to deny a team their preferred choice of uniform.

Regardless of who's wearing what, Warriors need to get on track. Cleveland's defense is pestering them, but they're also missing wide open looks. When a jump shooting team goes cold, they end up with 37 points at the half. Hopefully the Warriors can adjust and get a game 3 victory on the road.

One possible reason for the Warriors being denied gold at home is maybe because the ends of the court and keys are gold, but even so that still kind of a silly reason to deny a team their preferred choice of uniform.

Maybe it's because they have sleeves. Maybe they want regular jerseys only for the playoffs.

The Cavaliers play awful with a lead. Every game this series they've gotten up, and towards the end of the fourth, their offense just bogs down, they run out the clock and settle for awful shots and let Golden State right back into it. Run your damn offense.

IUe6Hvh.png

This is an MVP-level choke of a series so far for Steph. Seriously, get your :censored: together dude.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Yes, Curry has been awful this series. They win game two comfortably if he has even a decent night shooting.

Also, another BS thing about the NBA is their continuation rule. The guy gets fouled, you hear the whistle, then the guy takes a shot and it's called an And 1. On Delledova miracle shot, he was fouled about two whole seconds before he even started shooting, but he got the continuation.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, Curry has been awful this series. They win game two comfortably if he has even a decent night shooting.

Also, another BS thing about the NBA is their continuation rule. The guy gets fouled, you hear the whistle, then the guy takes a shot and it's called an And 1. On Delledova miracle shot, he was fouled about two whole seconds before he even started shooting, but he got the continuation.

At least, though, it's called somewhat consistently. You're right, though. If I had to fix NBA officiating, that's one of the first things I fix. You should have to be in the process of shooting when the foul occurs for the shot attempt to count.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived