In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

Chicago acquired Pippen before he ever played a game in the NBA. LeBron ran away to Miami to join his buddies after they each were in the league for five (or more) years and were already established stars and superstars in the league. Those two acquisitions aren't exactly the same.

And, no, the '97 version of Rodman was nowhere near the same level as Bosh or Wade. Sorry, not buying that slop.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah Blah, let's argue about Dennis Rodman to avoid to real point I'm making:

What do you do when you're an NBA all-timer and your team is surrounding you with a subpar roster every single year? Why was LeBron expected to stay put and win titles with the likes of Larry Hughes and and Mo Williams when no other comparable NBA legend has EVER achieved it? I just truly don't understand where this nonsense comes from? Then again, I don't do a lot of this "LOYALTY! TEAMS ARE FAMILY (*but only if the players are awesome, if you stink we'll trade you for a ham sandwich*) that sports fans like to do. His employer was failing to hold up their end of the bargain so he did what they were incapable of doing, which is put together an elite team. I really don't understand where the weakness is in that move?

Chicago acquired Pippen before he ever played a game in the NBA. LeBron ran away to Miami to join his buddies after they each were in the league for five (or more) years and were already established stars and superstars in the league. Those two acquisitions aren't exactly the same.

And, no, the '97 version of Rodman was nowhere near the same level as Bosh or Wade. Sorry, not buying that slop.

The point is that Michael Jordan didn't have to seek out capable teammates because he was surrounded by them in Chicago. Had he been given the early-to-mid-90's equivalent of Mo' Williams and a 37 year old Shaq, he might've wanted to play elsewhere and sure as hell wouldn't have have won six rings in Chicago.

There's a reason the Bulls lost Jordan and continued to win 55 games next season, while the Cavaliers lost Lebron and won 19.

IUe6Hvh.png

And had Cleveland drafted a Pippen of their own, LeBron would have had zero reason to leave. Meanwhile, if Chicago had spent the '80s and '90s blowing first-round picks on no-names like Luke Jackson and Shannon Brown, Jordan would have dumped them unceremoniously.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Are the refs assorted from the arena by security? Just wondering. The NBA is rigged. I'll post that everyday until it annoys the precious mods.

:censored: it. I'll just wait outside the arena for the refs. The NBA is rigged. YES I'M PSYCHO.

And had Cleveland drafted a Pippen of their own, LeBron would have had zero reason to leave. Meanwhile, if Chicago had spent the '80s and '90s blowing first-round picks on no-names like Luke Jackson and Shannon Brown, Jordan would have dumped them unceremoniously.

If's, But's, Candy and nuts....

No LeBron fanboy will ever admit that LeBron wimped out by teaming up with other superstars to try to win the NBA title. Bottom line. I didn't see Michael Jordan calling Larry Bird or Karl Malone or Dominique Wilkins or Magic Johnson up and asking them to form a superteam. Jordan wanted to beat the best players, not team up with them. Jordan wanted to be challenged. LeBron can't even be bothered to do the league a favor by participating in the Dunk Contest because he's afraid he might lose on the big stage.

Are the refs assorted from the arena by security? Just wondering. The NBA is rigged. I'll post that everyday until it annoys the precious mods.

:censored: it. I'll just wait outside the arena for the refs. The NBA is rigged. YES I'M PSYCHO.

No, you're not psycho. The NBA lost that benefit of the doubt years ago when that ref was caught gambling.

LeBron was clearly fouled on that final play so no, the NBA isn't rigged.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

You were saying?

6fQjS3M.png

Oh my goodness, the Warriors can't complain about the refs. How the f*** was that not a foul? That's inexcusable.

I didn't watch the first 3 quarters so I can't speak for that but from what I've see late in the 4th and in OT, the refs are handing the Warriors this game.

IUe6Hvh.png

There's a difference between rigging and incompetence. Never seen refs not give the benefit of the doubt to LeBron James quite like this.

And then Curry pulls a Harden, not attempting a shot so much as trying to draw a foul.

PJU85JF.png

Oh my goodness, the Warriors can't complain about the refs. How the f*** was that not a foul? That's inexcusable.

I didn't watch the first 3 quarters so I can't speak for that but from what I've see late in the 4th and in OT, the refs are handing the Warriors this game.

Same here. Only been watching the last 5 mins of the 4th to now. I should have mentioned that too lol

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived