Unused Logos and Uniforms

Not sure this one was posted, but some unused Seattle Pilots stuff in here: http://toddradom.com/the-1969-seattle-pilots-one-team-one-season-many-uniforms/

Nice find.

The article says the Pilots ditched a planned white cap with a blue bill because "[t]he American League seems to have had a rule against two-tone hats at this time." However, the Orioles already had black caps with orange bills by 1969.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Not sure this one was posted, but some unused Seattle Pilots stuff in here: http://toddradom.com/the-1969-seattle-pilots-one-team-one-season-many-uniforms/

That's a great find, I oddly love that blocky/angled Seattle word mark. This is the second time I've heard something about an AL specific hat rule recently from back in the day, the other variation I heard was that the AL didn't allow white crowned caps, which would make sense based on the Orioles observation above.

SEAsig.png

Who is this Cubsfan guy? This is the third post I've seen from you that makes no sense whatsoever haha. You made a thread about good unused logos and promptly named your least favorite?

I thought the exact same thing. Like asking for your favorite candy bar, saying Hershey's then saying you hate chocolate.

Anyways, this thread practically already exists

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/89169-sports-logo-prototypes/

Sorry,I'm new to the site.

Now let's get back to topic (for somehow I can't put pictures up...):

The Patriots back in the late 70's,a Boston Globe article had its headline:"Fans to choose Patriots' logo".The fans were to choose either they wanted Patriot Pat back or replace him.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

The Patriots back in the late 70's,a Boston Globe article had its headline:"Fans to choose Patriots' logo".The fans were to choose either they wanted Patriot Pat back or replace him.

Yeah, you're helping getting this back on track. If you can't post pictures a link would be nice.

It's the button under the smiley face that looks like a square picture. Just put the link in there.

I'm assuming you meant this one? I would have to agree Cubsfan.

I would also feel the same way about this one for the 49ers.

1001.gif

Call me crazy but I think the 49ers could pull off an alternate using that logo. I'm glad the 49ers axed making it their new logo in 1991 but I don't think it's a bad logo. Also, if anyone can find me the font (Letters and Numbers) that this logo used, I would be very thankful.

Pretty sure you're going to find that's a custom-drawn wordmark, Chewie. Not a font.

Yeah, that seems to be the case unfortunately. I wish someone would make a font based off of this logo. I'd like to try and make a concept using this logo's font. I'm sure other people would use it too. If I could make a font, I would but I just don't know how. I guess I'll have to attempt it on my own somehow.

Naturally, what comes to mind when I think "unused logos" and "NFL" is what Hall of Famer-elect Ron Wolf was proposing when he first took over as the Pack's GM; namely, switching from Packer gold to old gold and/or green back to navy blue.

1_zpszg0mmt0n.png

2_zpsxcbdjjpm.png

3_zpsewokectf.png

Of course, because of massive fan outcry Wolf quickly relented and the Green and Gold are here to stay (after all, the city is "Green" Bay).

Still, it would've been fun to see what either one of these combos might have looked like just once on the field...

bYhYmxh.png

Naturally, what comes to mind when I think "unused logos" and "NFL" is what Hall of Famer-elect Ron Wolf was proposing when he first took over as the Pack's GM; namely, switching from Packer gold to old gold and/or green back to navy blue.

1_zpszg0mmt0n.png

2_zpsxcbdjjpm.png

3_zpsewokectf.png

Of course, because of massive fan outcry Wolf quickly relented and the Green and Gold are here to stay (after all, the city is "Green" Bay).

Still, it would've been fun to see what either one of these combos might have looked like just once on the field...

I think it would be great as a third, blending the(from what I can tell) popular ACME Packers brand and colours with the current look, and wouldn't look too wacky on the gold helmet either.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske